Le Garrick

French

SquareMeal Review of Le Garrick

Oozing Gallic character, this candlelit basement feels worlds away from the West End – though vintage theatrical flyers and the obligatory set menu (£13.50/16.45 for two/three courses) put you firmly in Theatreland. Reasonable prices (especially for the area) are a reminder that this is not French fine dining, instead expect a roll-call of bistro favourites and hearty classics, from moules marinière and pâté de maison to boeuf Bourguignon, confit duck and entrecôte with sauce au poivre. On our last visit, garlicky escargots made a great start, followed by a robust Toulouse cassoulet and rich boudin noir on a bed of creamy mash. Washed down with a quaffable bottle from the all-French wine list, and with a cheeky pot au chocolate or cheese to follow, this is comfort food par excellence. Convivial service adds to the appeal.

Good to know about Le Garrick

French

Special offers from Le Garrick

Pre-theatre menu - 2 courses £13.95, 3 courses £16.95 per person

From: 17 October, 2014
To: 31 December, 2020
This offer is available from October 17, 2014 until December 31, 2020, subject to availability as displayed in the booking interface. Offer excludes service and includes VAT. Not available in conjunction with other offers.

Location for Le Garrick

10-12 Garrick Street, London, WC2E 9BH

Opening Times of Le Garrick

Mon-Sun 12N-11pm (Sun -5pm)

Reviews of Le Garrick

Nicky L

Superb little find full of character
03 January 2019
A unique little restaurant - booking definitely advisable and sit downstairs where there are lots of little alcoves and nooks. Traditional French style food and excellent service. Will return.

Secluded and cosy.
04 December 2016
Enjoyed my meal, very tasty. However, I love the basement area where you can sit in a secluded area without having to see other diners. It is private and cosy. I am not a romantic sort but I really like the privacy this restaurant offers. I hate being in other restaurants where you had to sit so close to other diners and see their faces and expressions. The staff at Le Garrick were very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely come back for sure.

Great Service - Poor food
19 November 2015
When my friend and I entered we received a great welcome. We had chosen a mid-week afternoon (tues 17/9/2015) to ensure a table. We chose Le Garrick because of a good review. The waiting staff were great, attentive and professionally friendly. We ordered two Bellinis to start. It was FLAT! and at £7.95 each - a miserable disappointment. My friend ordered Onion Soup - what a disappointment - sitting opposite her I could smell the pungent Oxo cubes that had been added to this classic french soup. For the mains my friend, having lost her appetite because of the awful taste of the soup which she did not continue with after the 3rd mouthful, went for a safe Rainbow Trout. I ordered something equally safe, Entrecote Steak with Pepper Sauce. What a disappointment. My steak which I was told would be grilled - that grill must have been broken for the beef tasted of warm tasteless scum water. Really Awful. The pepper sauce had no taste whatsoever. Terrible. I did not risk a dessert but my friend did which she enjoyed. I complained about the flat Bellinis and as a show of apology the dessert (not the Bellinis which were more expensive than the single dessert) was taken off the bill. The total bill, including the bottle of wine came to £75.05. When we first arrived there we both declared we would tell our friends about this interesting cellar restaurant. BUT after suffering the food we would definitely not recommend it. In fact we would tell our friends not to. The chef was definitely not a French chef. Whoever 'cooked' our meal should be ashamed. Having read all the other great reviews we have to ask ourselves why we had such a disappointing meal. Signed. Fran & Helen 2 very disappointed women. :-( P.S. I have since been told that the original owners had sold and Le Garrick now has new owners. Oh dear you've let the orignal owners and it's reputation go down the tubes.

Ms/Mrs. Reeshma J

Verging on below average eatery
27 June 2013
Service is great, waitresses are attentive and very pleasant so a great start. Food is below average, house pate tasted like it was bought at a supermarket, red onions on side tasted better than the pate. For mains, we ordered one of their signature dishes moules frites and my husband the steak with fries. After tasting the starters and mains, i really wish i had chosen chipotle which was around the corner and would have been less than half the price (£55 for two with carafe) and sooooooo much tastier, yes tastier fast food and just as quick as we had an hour to eat our food. Its not bad to have a glass of wine but even the choices of wine aren't amazing for a french establishment. Without question, will not be returning for a meal.

Ms/Mrs. Goundy E

Amazing
18 April 2013
One of the best restaurants I've ever been in London!!!

Other restaurants near Le Garrick

You are requesting to book Le Garrick for people on at