Samuel Johnson famously said “when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life.” We imagine he’d think something similar about Instagram, because we definitely haven’t tired of posting all of our latest dining adventures to our stories and feeds.
Once you’ve managed to capture that absolutely fire photo of your plate of food, the next step to is to come up with a perfect Instagram caption which will guarantee you loads of likes. To help you on your journey to Instagram fame, we’ve put together a list of some of our favourite Instagram captions to use for food pictures, or shots of you tucking into a meal. Have a read below and don’t forget about us once you become a #verified influencer. Happy ‘gramming!
Brunch Instagram captions
In London, weekend brunch has become a rite of passage for every millennial worth their vegan matcha latte. Whether you’re a die-hard avo on toast kind of bruncher, a permanent bottomless brunch fixture, or you’re a sweet-toothed fiend who will only attend if there are pancakes on the menu, brunch is a weekend ritual that you can’t miss out on. It’s also a great way to show everyone on Insta that you’re living your best life, so a witty caption is essential. Check out some of our favourite brunch Instagram captions below.
Image: Pachamama East
• “But first, brunch”
• “Brunch without booze is just a sad, late breakfast”
• “Got a serious case of R.B.F. (Resting Brunch Face)”
• “Do you even brunch, bro?”
• “Bros that brunch”
• “Brunch with my woes”
• “Brunch is always a good idea”
• “You can’t brunch with us”
• “Brunch waffles are just pancakes with abs”
• “”When you hit guac bottom, just go for brunch”
If you’re looking for a new place to have your weekend debrief, check out our pick of the best bottomless brunches in London.
Pizza Instagram captions
Cleaning guru Marie Kondo claims that you should only keep things in your life which “spark joy”, which explains why our office is littered with empty pizza boxes. Pizza is one of the most popular foods in London and those glorious toppings and #CheesePulls deserve a slice of Instagram fame. Wondering what caption to pair with your prime pizza pic? We’ve got you covered.
Image: Made of Dough
• “Find someone who looks at you the way I look at pizza”
• “Another one bites the crust”
• “Just hanging with my home slice” (bonus points if your picture is taken at an actual branch of Homeslice)
• “I don’t know what it means to eat pizza by the slice”
• “You wanna pizza me?”
• “In pizza we crust”
• “Slice, slice baby”
• “Grabbing a slice of the action”
• “Take another pizza my heart now baby”
• “You’ll always have a pizza my heart”
Wondering where to capture your pizza porn? Check out our pick of the best pizza restaurants in London.
Cheese Instagram captions
Being in love is a beautiful thing, but sometimes your significant other will decide to do really annoying things like disagree with you or not let you have your way. You know who doesn’t talk back though? Cheese. That’s why we’d recommend starting a passionate love affair with cheese and posting all about your sordid antics all over the ‘gram.
Image: La Fromagerie Bloomsbury
• “Cheesus Christ”
• “This cheese is too Gouda to be true”
• “Un-brie-lievably good”
• “My favourite kind of music is R&Brie”
• “Trying to think of a really cheesy caption”
• “What’s my cheese's favourite singer? Taylor Swiss”
• “The only reason I work out is so I can eat more cheese”
• “If loving cheese is wrong, I don’t want to be right”
• “It ain’t easy being cheesy”
• “I really don’t give Edam”
Need some help tracking down the best cheesy spots? Here are London’s best restaurants for cheese.
Dessert Instagram captions
There are some people in this world who prefer to order a starter and a main course over a main course and a dessert. If you find yourself sharing a table at a restaurant with one of these people, cut them out of your life immediately – you don’t need that kind of negative energy around you. Everybody knows that dessert is the best part of any meal, and a great dessert deserves a great Instagram caption.
Image: The Colony Grill Room
• “Life is short. Eat dessert first”
• “Doughnut kill my vibe”
• “Sugar, spice and everything nice”
• “Having my cake and eating it too”
• “Sugar, how’d you get so fly?”
• “I have a separate stomach for my dessert”
• “Stressed spelled backwards is desserts”
• “I sugar coat everything”
• “A balanced diet means a cookie in each hand”
• “You can’t buy my love, but you can buy me ice cream”
Want to know where to find your sugar fix? These are some of the most drool-inducing desserts you can find in the capital.
Noodle Instagram captions
Try not to think about your student days when Pot Noodles were a regular fixture in your diet, as London’s noodle dishes are far more sophisticated. Whether you’re grabbing 12-foot long noodles at Murger Han or tucking in at Salvation in Noodles, the capital is full of great options for noodle dishes which deserve to be celebrated on the ‘gram in all of their delicious glory.
Image: Murger Han Mayfair
• “Send noods”
• “Just call me Kim Carb-dashian”
• “In the mood for noods”
• “Carbe diem”
• “Oodles of noodles”
• “Fuelled by ramen”
• “I only like noodles and like three people”
• “Udon know how much you mean to me”
• “Friends pho ever”
• “The only men I want is ramen”
Wondering where you can create an Instagrammable noodle pull? London’s best Chinese restaurants should offer up a few opportunities.
Burger Instagram captions
Burgers are one of life’s most simple pleasures – it’s hard to beat a delightfully dirty beef patty sandwiched between a soft bun and covered with lashings of mayonnaise, ketchup and the likes. London is full of epic burger joints to try out and it just so happens that burgers make for prime Instagram fodder. Here’s what captions to use when uploading those burger pics.
Image: Sebright Arms
• “Got buns, hun?”
• “Yeah, I'm into fitness… fitness this whole burger in my mouth”
• “Let’s get this bread”
• “I’m sorry for what I said before I had my burger”
• “Come for the burger, stay for the fries”
• “A burger has lettuce and tomato, so it’s basically a salad, right?”
• “What’s the beef?”
• “You’re the only bun for me”
• “Lady in the streets, freak when she eats (cheeseburgers)”
• “I only have eyes for burgers and fries”
If you're on the hunt for the best buns in the capital, our pick of London's best burgers can help you out.
Can’t get enough of snapping selfies in London’s hottest venues? Check out 13 of London’s most Instagrammable loos.