Call Atari-ya to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Atari-ya

Now that word has got out, it’s not so easy to bag a table at this dinky sushi joint, so phone ahead. Why the popularity? It’s Atari-ya’s flipping fresh fish – the quality soars above what you’ll find at chain sushi joints, but not the prices. Glossy slivers of tuna, salmon, yellowtail and mackerel are neatly lined up on wooden boards with mounds of wasabi and pickled ginger. Sushi aside, there’s much else to please: deep-fried halibut is like a fishy version of agedashi tofu in a soft, fragrant broth; chicken yakitori come as tasty little skewers; and the tempura has all the requisite crispness without any grease. Drink draught Asahi or warm saké and be sure to bring cash: you’ll want to reward the obliging staff, but tips aren’t accepted on credit cards.

Good to know about Atari-ya

Japanese
Child friendly

Location for Atari-ya

75 Fairfax Road, London, NW6 4EE

Opening Times of Atari-ya

Tues-Sun 12N-2.30pm 6-10pm

Reviews of Atari-ya

Worst treatment ever!!! Disrepectful and rude...
08 February 2015
I had a terrible experience, but it had nothing to do with the food. When I go to restaurant is not only for the food but for the service, so imagine my surprise when after ordering starters, mains, beer and wine, the waitress comes to us while I'm in the middle of enjoying my desert with the bill and tells me we have to leave because the next customer is waiting. NO WARNING!!! First of all, if you had a reservation you should've let us know before hand, in which case we would decide if we wanted to stay or not; second, it wasn't like I was spending spare change, it was close to £60 and we were still planing to have sake, so interrupting our meal that way was just absolutely disrepectful, as if we weren't valuable customers; third, there were another 4 TABLES EMPTY when you literally kicked us out, that makes it even worse... needless to say I will never come back to this restaurant, you need to learn something about making customers feel welcomed... the worse part is that after complaining about what had just happened we barely got a weak apology from the manager, so what was supposed to be a celebratory meal turned into one of the worse hospitality experiences of my life... NEVER GOING BACK!!!

Other restaurants near Atari-ya

You are requesting to book Atari-ya for people on at