Amaya
Amaya
Bookings not required

Reservations are not required at Amaya.

If you'd like to speak to someone to discuss dining or any other query, call:

SquareMeal Review of Amaya

Boasting a clever design spec that puts the ‘theatre’ kitchen at the heart of the slinky dining room, sleek, clubby Amaya is “the best all-round, upmarket Indian in London”, according to one well-travelled aficionado.

Much depends on the seductive ambience, although this glamorous venue has star quality written all over it – and more than enough glitz for its well-heeled clientele. Ask for a table close to the action and marvel as the chefs fashion “succulent and creatively spiced” Indian-style tapas from their battery of tandoors, tawa hotplates and sigri grills.

The menu cherry-picks ideas and influences from across the subcontinent, with highlights ranging from wild venison seekh kebabs and tandoori beef sirloin ‘boti’ to grilled duck breast with spiced toasted coconut – although the selection of 15 vegetarian dishes should never be discounted (try the famous beetroot ‘chop’ or the grilled white sweet potato with tamarind and yoghurt).

Most items are designed for sharing and arrive from the open kitchen as and when they’re ready, although it’s worth remembering that Amaya specialises in bite-sized portions rather than hefty platefuls (don’t come here expecting a lager-fuelled curry-house blowout).

Regulars confirm that the restaurant’s “premium prices” are fully justified, while sexy east-west cocktails and spice-friendly wines match the food in every department. Service, meanwhile, is courteous, hospitable and as smooth as Indian silk – as you might expect from a seasoned Michelin-starred performer.

Indian
Fun, Lively
Other Awards
One michelin star
Brunch
Romantic, Special occasions

Location for Amaya

Halkin Arcade, 19 Motcomb Street, London, London, SW1X 8JT

Mon-Sun 12.30pm-2.15pm 6.30-11.30pm Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of Amaya

15 April 2014
I am a great fan of Indian cuisine and spices and this is by far one of the best Indian restaurants i have visited. Do not expect your average Indian restaurant, do not expect a curry instead expect finely grilled meats, marinated in the finest spices. The portions are light, so desserts are tempting and tasty. Looks like they had a recent refurb here too.

28 March 2014
This is one of the best places I've eaten in London. Indian food, but with a fusion style. They bring the plates to you as they are ready. We ordered a bunch of different dishes and shared them, so we spent the entire time eating as they brought the food, plate after plate. It was a great way to share a meal and the food is amazing. WE ordered a second of a few plates because they were so good! Service is excellent. This is a great place for a romantic date or to get together with friends. Don't miss it!!!

Great weekend menu specials
10 February 2014
I had read many mixed reviews so had no real expectations. We went for the weekend special menu which is really good value and provides a tasting of several small courses (naan, spiced creamy spinach, diced potato, lamb, chicken, sea bass raita, paneer, biryani… I think that was all) , all delicious, beautifully spiced, adequate portion sizes, we were quite replete by the end. My son had a mango lassi which was excellent too. Good efficient service. We were seated near the open kitchen which is fun to watch. My only gripe would be that the wine starting price is very expensive, un-necessary. All in all, an excellent Sunday lunch, we will be back!

Ms/Mrs. Monika S

Posh Indian
23 September 2013
My mother is known for her legendary Bengali home cooking and so, when she gave Amaya the ‘thumbs up’ cola style, I knew this place was a keeper. Amaya is a slick Indian grill restaurant (around the corner from King's Road), so a perfect post-shopping venue or for a big night out. It has a Hakkasan feel inside, dark, sultry, glossy and is full of smart SW1 regulars. The food is Indian food tapas style, but it is the refined presentation and taste sensation level of each dish that makes this place special. There is an open kitchen to witness the chefs at work and the spicy, chargrilled bites that come from there are like little mouthfuls of chilli bliss. Indian food is all about depth of flavour and layering of spices and not many Indian restaurants seem to achieve this. Other top indian restaurants in London, eg Tamarind, Veeraswamy , Benares are superficially beautiful, but do not seem to hit the mark like Amaya does. Highlights include the spiced to perfection chicken lollipops, chargrilled moreish monkfish, chilli crusted paneer, a fine fluffy assortment of Indian breads from the tandoor oven and deeply marinaded finger-licking grilled lamb chops. The actual curries are less exciting but good. Prices are high, but this is the one place my mother did not say ‘I could make this for 50p’ ie it was worth it . I have been countless times and I will be back soon for my next chilli, spicy fix ( next time mum is out of town)!

Ms/Mrs. Leonie C

13 July 2013
very noisy restaurant with no great atmosphere, had the tasting menu really did not get the first dish of goats cheese and mandarin with a very small amount of cheese, the other dishes were a pleasure all but being a bit small on the meat I.E.a great dish of broccoli and yogurt but one tiny piece of chicken to go with it,next a piece of the smallest piece foie gras you will ever see but melted in your mouth that was sensational, it ended with a biryani which was cooked well, chicken moist but Chutney Mary's biryani is more flavoursome some how more of a traditional flavour. I do know what I am talking about bought up on Indian food (parents born there) travelled north and south India. I no these restaurants are trying to give us a difference experience in Indian food but I really do not think they should give such small portions for the money you pay. So overall it was lovely and only a little bit disappointing… oh the dessert was amazing chocolate box i'll say no more

Ms/Mrs. vanessa F

Disappointed
13 April 2013
Went here last Sunday, boy, was I disappointed! I've been to chutney mary before and the food was average, so I expected Amaya to be better! The atmosphere in Chutney Mary is actually better than Amaya. As for the food, both very basic, try else where. I think I will try Benares next, hopefully I wouldn't be disappointed!

Mr. Tim Z

29 January 2013
This is modern indian in a very “westernised” way so don't do there if you're looking for just a nice curry as you'll for that be better (and cheaper) served elsewhere. If you're looking for a high-quality top-end version of indian food that'll also appeal to the non-traditional indian food lovers this place, however, is a very good albeit pricey option for you.

Ms/Mrs. Roopleen P

22 December 2012
Visited Amaya with a friend for dinner on a Sunday night. The restaurant was fully booked and quietly humming with a diverse mix of guests, young and old. The red lighting, wooden floorboards and steaming open kitchen grills create a lovely, warm ambience. The dining experience was excellent and we will both definitely return. The vegetarian tasting menu had a good variety of dishes, most of them tending towards light, fresh or sweet flavours – more fusion than traditional. On the other hand the veg and lamb biryani, keema kaleji (stir fried lamb mince with kidney) and grilled chicken were alive with spices, true to original recipes and simply outstanding. The rose brulee and chickoo & prune pannacotta, both of which appear to be Amaya creations, brought the meal to a cooling, smooth and absolutely delightful end.

Ms/Mrs. Mairead C

12 October 2012
Good indian fusion food. Not the best indian I have had, but the presentation is great. I recommend sitting by the kitchen, where you can see everything being made. Don't order the lobster, but do order traditional indian dishes with a twist. They can be funny about their seating, but if you are insistant, they will usually accomodate.

Ms/Mrs. Ingrid M

10 June 2012
After a bit of window shopping on Friday afternoon, my husband and I decided on the spur of the moment to have an early dinner. A few times I have tried to book a table at Amaya, but it was always fully booked. We decided to take a chance and turn up without a reservation. We arrived just after 6pm, and was shown to a table at the bar, as they only start serving food at 6.30. But the restaurant is so beautiful, it was a pleasure to sip a glass of wine and take in the surroundings. We were taken to our table, presented with a menu and there is where the delights of the evening started. We had the salad, the chicken, nan bread, sea bass, spinach, broccoli, peppers and the lamb chops. Each bite of food was a fairy doing summersaults and kickboxing in your mouth. My husband, who does not get excited by food, announced that "this is delicious!'. The service was attentive and at a good pace, the 2 glasses of wine (red and white) with the meal delicious. A very memorable meal and evening indeed.

Other restaurants near Amaya

You are requesting to book Amaya for people on at .