About Thyme

Mediterranean

SquareMeal Review of About Thyme

Despite its cheesy punning name and garish purple frontage, there’s much to enjoy at this well-liked neighbourhood eatery. Inside is a jolly bistro serving attractively priced Franco-Med food typified by vigorous flavours and unexpected contrasts. Starters of Galician rock octopus on steamed potato with smoked paprika or baked snails with Pernod, brandy and garlic set the scene for rugged mains including crab linguine, wild rabbit and giant butter-bean ragoût or braised lamb shank with roast potatoes and rosemary jus. After that, blow the diet with Santiago tart or honey and star-anise pancakes filled with mixed berries and Chantilly cream. The set menu goes down well with local office workers at lunchtime, while ‘thyme for a bite’ sharing plates are popular for after-work get-togethers. Spain and France claim top billing on the affordable wine list.

Good to know about About Thyme

Mon-Sat 12N-2.30pm, 5.30-10.30pm

Reviews of About Thyme

Great set menu
15 September 2017
2 courses £24.50 I had white asparagus wrapped in smoked salmon with mustard on the side - perfect, light, and refreshing. Followed by Tilapia with new potatoes & green vegetables. WOW fish cooked & filleted to perfection. Looking forward to my next visit

Amazing food
26 September 2016
As I was struggling to decide which seafood starter I was going to choose, I was offered an off menu starter. Carpaccio of Salt Cod, and told I could try it & leave it if I didn't like it. It was AMAZING! For my main I had Presa Iberica - beautifully cooked Iberian Pork with an array of fresh vegetable & a Black Bean Gravy. Everything was served separately - just the way I like it & you could how much care & attention had gone into each ingredient. Cannot wait to go again

Always great
05 October 2015
I have never been disappointed with this restaurant. Tried something new this time - Veal Chop was amazing Looking forward to my next visit

Fabulous Meal
03 August 2015
Glad I suggested About Thyme to my friends. We had 2 course set menu & as usual it was great. Everyone praised me for choosing this restaurant, but I had to confess I have been here several times & am never disappointed. The Confit Duck is to die for & one of my friends who doesn't like duck tried it & decided next time she will order it! It was a great birthday celebration for me knowing everyone had such a good meal.

Sue H

20 August 2014
Good Mediteranean food, very good service. The sommelier was helpful and we had the wines of the month which were very good Spanish ones. All the staff looked after our table for five very attentively without being intrusive, we stayed quite late and realised when we left we were the last and they had not hurried us out at all.. I definitely recommend it.

Mr. Andrew D

A little Gem of a Restaurant.
07 October 2013
About Thyme does not do it justice,the service was impeccable, the waiters very friendly and the food was sublime. The waiters were very helpful with explaining the starters(which were plentiful),they smiled and helped you to relax and enjoy your meals.The food melted in your mouth it was such a delight. The wine was crisp and fruity,an overall brilliant meal. We will certainly go back again the next time we visit London. Thank you About Thyme you certainly helped to make our evening into one of the best we have ever had in London.

Ms/Mrs. Elisabeth S

A great place to throw a party
22 March 2013
I recently had a birthday party for 65 people in this fabulous restaurant. Not only was I given expert help and advice in planning beforehand, the food and service on the night were second to none. Below I cite some of the comments in thank you letters I received. “Please tell everyone at About Thyme how much we enjoyed the delicious food and excellent service. It was a triumph for a small restaurant.” “About Thyme was such a great place to throw a party and we were so well looked after.” “The food was perfect, yummy – I am still dreaming of the chocolate pudding – and my husband the lamb!” “The food was delicious, it’s such a nice restaurant.” “About Thyme really excelled themselves and the menu was absolutely delicious – my mouth is watering just thinking about that pudding!” “The food was delicious. The whole team certainly worked very hard that night too and shone with excellence.” THANK YOU ABOUT THYME.

Mr. Patrick B

09 October 2012
A great pity. Seldom in London such a good kitchen is let down so severely by its front-of-house. What could and should be an enriching little restaurant in this eerie part of Pimlico just within reach of Tate Britain and the ugly theatres around Victora Station, leaves a lot to be desired. The food is really not bad at all, and very good iberian produce is being used, but there is just something about the dining room, the staff and the general atmosphere which is, well… strange, distant and a bit sad. I don´t know, all I know it wasn´t us, we were in a geat mood. I hope they make the necessary tweaks to capitalise on the great potential the kitchen has to offer.

Ms/Mrs. Marie T

21 July 2011
We been to About Thyme about 6 times now and have never been disappointed. The food and wine are such fantastic value for money and very flavoursome. The atmosphere is very good and the staff extremely attentive. We would not hesitate in recommending this wonderful bistro to anyone.

Other restaurants near About Thyme

You are requesting to book About Thyme for people on at