As part of The Mayor’s Thames Festival – an outdoor celebration of art in London – Swan at the Globe is running
a Thames-inspired menu throughout September.
Created by head chef Kieren Steinborn, the menu will focus on Thames produce such as brown shrimps, cockles, herring, crayfish and Chinese mitten crab, as well as spices and exotic fruits – first
brought down the Thames by merchants in the 16th century.
The menu – which is listed in full below – is priced at £19.95 for two courses and £22.95 for three, including a glass of wine or Honey Dew ale. The dishes will also be priced individually. The
Mayor’s Thames Festival takes place on 11 and 12 September, for more information click here.
* Potted brown shrimps, smoked cayenne pepper, London bloomer
* Mitten crab bisque, roast garlic brioche
* Roast Theale mallard, turnip and sprout gratin, spiced cherry sauce
* Baked herring, Thames estuary cockles, Weston’s cider sauce
* Elizabethan Bramley apple pie, Madagascan vanilla cream
* Roasted pineapple, cracked black pepper, cinnamon ice cream