Can you tell a Garnacha from a Graciano, or an Albarino from a Verdejo?
Come and explore the wealth of grapes and wines that Spain has to offer at the Wines from Spain exclusive tasting on Thursday 12 March 2009. Spain is not only one of the world’s biggest
wine-producing countries, but in recent years has become one of the best, and most interesting.
While more established regions, such as Rioja, have grown in size and influence, less famous areas such as Priorato have also exploded from obscurity to become some of the most dynamic in Europe.
Come along to this exclusive tasting at Old Billingsgate, EC3, and see the variety Spain has to offer, with a large
range of diverse Spanish wines currently wowing critics across the globe. All the wines on offer are available to buy in the UK retail market.
Square Meal's recommended wines to try include:
- Expresion 2007, Pazo do Mar, DO Ribeiro
- Capellania 2004, Marques de Murrieta, DOCa Rioja
- Rosado Lagrima Garnacha/Cabernet Sauvignon 2008, Ochoa, DO Navarra
- La Leguas Capricho 2004, Bodegas La Legua, DO Cigales
- Brut Nature NV, Joan Raventos Rosell DO Cava
- La Gitana Manzanilla NV, Bodegas Hidlago, DO Sherry
Tickets to this one-off tasting cost just £15 and include the following:
- Glass of cava on arrival
- Opportunity to taste some 150 wines from key Spanish regions
- User-friendly tasting book with must-taste wines on every page
- Spanish tapas by Lettice Catering
- Wine walks and advice from experts
- Live music
- Selection of Spanish beers
- A great atmosphere
When: Thursday 12 March 2009, 6.15-8.30pm
Where: The Gallery, Old Billingsgate, 16 Lower Thames Street, London EC3R 6DX
Tickets are strictly limited – click here to purchase
To learn more about Spanish wine, click here.
To see a catalogue of all wines that will be at the tasting, click here.