Rules of Conduct
We encourage SquareMeal users to contribute their opinions freely, as long as they do it responsibly, free of insult and with respect to others. Reviews or comments which violate our standards are routinely removed without further comment.
- Style of posts should be consistent with "normal writing": no excessive use of emoticons, coloured text, SHOUTING or punctuation (e.g. ! and ?). No text should be written using CAPS lock.
- No profanity or obscenities of any kind, even disguised with *asterisks.
- No personal attacks on other users (personal attacks are defined as comments that reflect upon the person instead of their opinion).
- No false statements will be tolerated.
- When reviewing an establishment, it is not acceptable to identify members of staff by name.
- Slanderous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, swearing, threatening, harassing, or excessively angry comments are not tolerated.
- Reviews deemed to have been submitted by restaurants themselves will be removed immediately and accounts closed down.
- Reviews and ratings should only be left for restaurants the user has personally visited.
- SquareMeal reserves the right to edit or remove any post at any time.
- No advertising of any kind, including non-profit organisations.