Ziani

Call Ziani to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Ziani

Hidden away on a quiet residential street, this dapper-looking ristorante with its primrose awnings is a godsend for Chelsea locals who can afford its prices. Passers-by might not notice it by day, but you can’t mistake the animated hubbub emanating from its relaxed, monochrome dining room in the evening. Signed photos of celebrity patrons and Italian greats provide a talking point among the neatly laid tables, while the kitchen deals in regional dishes with a Venetian bias – skewered baby cuttlefish and prawns served cold on spinach, wild boar sausages with wild mushrooms and polenta, char-grilled sea bream with mint sauce and trattoria desserts such as pannacotta or zabaglione. There are also some top-flight Italian wines too. Owner Roberto Ziani and his beguiling staff stoke the atmosphere with dolce vita, and the whole experience is “guaranteed to make you happy”.

Italian
Cosy, Fun

Location for Ziani

45-47 Radnor Walk, London, SW3 4BT

Mon-Sun 12.15-2.45pm (Sun -3.15pm) 7-11.30pm (Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of Ziani

Awful/worthless
23 May 2019
The service is terrible – both pushy and rude. Plates are whisked away the minute you put down your cutlery as waiters hover over your shoulder! The restaurant is small and that was part of it's original appeal, but they have crammed too many tables in.There are much better places to eat good Italian food in Chelsea and anywhere in London…

Ms/Mrs. Kelly W

05 January 2013
Came here for a dinner with friends. Service was warm and efficient. Portion sizes were ideal and the food was flavourful. Even when we finished our meal, they were in no rush to have us leave.

Mr. John P

14 August 2012
I have been coming to this restaurant for over 15 years, although not very regularly, as I do not live in London. However busy this restaurant gets I never get turned away. The staff seem to have been there for years, and I have never experienced bad service, as mentioned in one of the other reviews. The menu rarely changes, although there are daily specials, and I seem to almost always gravitate to the grilled mixed fish and zucchuni. Wine by the glass is very good value also. I do quite often visit Ziani on my own, and I have never felt unwelcome or self conscious. I love it and will continue to be a customer

Ms/Mrs. Lois M

24 April 2012
The food may have been good but we were not permitted to enjoy it as the service was extremely rushed from the moment we sat down. Conversation at the table was constantly interrupted by hovering staff trying to accelerate each course. A most unpleasant dining experience.

13 December 2010
For a quick lunch between shopping this was an excellent choice. We were recommended delicous white wine to go with our main courses, the veal escalope was mouth wateringly good as was the fried zuccini. The Tiramisu was one of the best I've ever tasted, and my mother assured me that the panna cotta was divine. Service was a bit rushed but as were also in a rush this suited us perfectly. A great stop gap from the Kings Road shops. I will definitely be going back.

Ms/Mrs. Johan E

30 January 2009
Ziani's has become somewhat of a favourite hang-out for many of my friends who seem to visit almost weekly. I finally went there a few days ago and I can really see why. I wouldn't maybe go here with my girlfriend, but with friends it's ideal. A very vibrant and buzzy atmosphere and the place was completely full through-out the evening. The service was in my view quite Italian, i.e. changing from family-like hugging and kissing, to completely ignoring you. I do definitely get the feeling that the regulars get treated well (things changed when my old-timer friends arrived), but it still decreases the score. The food was very good, and I tasted the asparagus, the saffron ravioli and the fried mozzarella as starters and the chicken filled with salami and spinach. It was all very well done and the wines we were recommended fitted nicely. To conclude; a great place to start, or to spend, an evening and eat well with good friends.

Mr. Daniel T

22 January 2009
The food is over priced and very average for Tuscan Italian cuisine. The portions are small as well. The service is terrible – both pushy and rude. Plates are whisked away the minute you put down your cutlery as waiters hover over your shoulder! The restaurant is small and that was part of it's original appeal, but they have crammed too many tables in now. The restaurant is probably great if you are a local regular and looked after, but terrible if you are a visitor. There are better places to eat good Italian food in London…

Other restaurants near Ziani

You are requesting to book Ziani for people on at .