Ye Olde Saracen's Head

About Ye Olde Saracen's Head

Perched on the outskirts of sleepy Balsall Common in a lovingly-restored 16th century building, Ye Olde Saracen's Head serves hearty, home-cooked favourites. Filled with snugs and cosy corners, guests can soak up the quirky atmosphere and classic pub hospitality. Specialities include steaks from the josper grill, premium cocktails, or a stock of fine cask ales, which includes Saracen's signature brew.

British

Special offers from Ye Olde Saracen's Head

Light bites

From: 10 April, 2018
To: 15 November, 2019
This offer is available from April 10, 2018 until November 15, 2019, subject to availability as displayed in the booking interface. Offer excludes service and includes VAT. Not available in conjunction with other offers. This promotion has additional information available. Click on the link(s) to view.

Location for Ye Olde Saracen's Head

Balsall Street Balsall Common, Stonebridge, Warwickshire, CV7 7AS

01676 533862

Reviews of Ye Olde Saracen's Head

Mr. Heath T

The Worst Customer Service Ever!
17 June 2019

Disastrous Customer Service! My daughters were treating me to a Father’s Day meal and after the starter the main arrived. My wife’s Duck dish was cold and the gravy was congealed. My “Sea Bass” in Provençale Sauce  at £15 it was headless, tail-less and only one half of the fillet. I asked if it was the starter size as it was only 5” long. The waiter asked and informed me it was not, so I politely said that I didn’t expect the portion size to be so small, that I’d like to exchange it so could he take it away (I hadn’t touched it). He said No, you’ve ordered it, the portion size is correct. I said Yes but when I read “Sea Bass” I didn’t expect less than half of one. I asked him 3 times to take it away and he said “NO!” 3 times. I said well I’ll ask louder then!. At that point he walked away. So I thought I’ll take it back myself. I followed him into the kitchen and put it on the table and walked out. A supervisor then summoned the waiter and the chef and asked me what was wrong so I explained about the cold duck and small sea bass and refusal to take it and replace it for another dish. She apologized and arranged the new dishes so I returned to me chair. 3 minutes later a deputy manager arrived, stood over me with one hand on my chair and (my daughter said he was VERY intimidating) asked me what was wrong. I explained the situation again. He defended the portion size saying it was company driven, told me I must not enter the kitchen under any circumstances and that I have “shoved” the waiter and that the waiter was very upset! I told him categorically I never set a finger on anyone and take offence to the suggestion. He said my question about portion size also upset the chef and that he was very angry! I told him that, as far as I was concerned it was all over and I would wait for my replacement meal. However, once he had left I felt very nervous that the “Upset & Angry” chef would be cooking my replacement meal. So I walked back to the staff and explained this and cancelled this dish also. The Deputy Manager returned and said that the chef would never do anything to my meal, I explained that I worked as a waiter for 4 years and new exactly what happened in a kitchen and would prefer not to eat. He apologised and said he will knock some off the bill. My daughters were paying for the meal as it was Father’s Day, she checked the bill in the car and 1 starter, 2 mains, 4 drinks was £56…. They even charged her £4 more than the advertised price for her dish! Disgraceful service. Cold Food. Congealed Gravy and the worst place I’ve eaten in many years.

Other restaurants near Ye Olde Saracen's Head

You are requesting to book Ye Olde Saracen's Head for people on at .