TING Restaurant & Lounge

Afternoon tea, British, Chinese·

SquareMeal Review of TING Restaurant & Lounge

Soaring straight to the top of London’s skyscraper charts, Ting, the Shangri-La Hotel’s new eatery, is The Shard’s highest restaurant on Level 35. An oriental theme to the furniture and wall hangings is subtle, leaving the astounding cross-city vista to dazzle. The arresting skyline is matched by a menu that uses seasonal British ingredients in Euro-accented dishes: many peppered with bright Asian flavours. Plump scallops come prettily served with edible flowers on a creamy carrot purée lifted by ginger, mandarin and coriander, while meaty halibut responds well to the teriyaki treatment – but a robustly flavoured yet delicate rib-eye steak with truffle jus provided our standout gastronomic experience. Prices are as breathtaking as the views (£19 for that scallop starter); a slightly cheaper menu is served in the lounge, where a tuna sarnie costs a mere £14. Off-the-wall wine pairings from the charismatic sommelier make a big impression, too.

Afternoon tea, British, Chinese
Fine dining, Glamorous, Luxury, Romantic, Unique, Widely spaced tables
All day dining, Breakfast, Dinner, Late night dining, Lunch
Great views
Chef’s table, Gluten-free options, Vegetarian options
Birthdays, Celebrations, Dates, Romantic, Special occasions

Special offers for TING Restaurant & Lounge

100 Points

For all diners any day, every time

Offers cannot be combined. You will be awarded the offer that gives you the most reward points.

FAQs

Are there gluten-free options on the menu at TING Restaurant & Lounge?

Yes there are gluten-free options on the menu at TING Restaurant & Lounge.

Location for TING Restaurant & Lounge

Sun 17:00-22:30

Reviews of TING Restaurant & Lounge

** DO NOT VISIT FOR SPECIAL EVENING **
18 October 2020

Do not visit here for a special evening! I had booked this restaurant a month in advance for my partners birthday. Before booking I had made a special request which was to be seated by the window as he had never visited the shard. On arrival we were NOT seated by the window, I was told other guests had priority. I wasn’t going to let this ruin the evening. I had told the waiter if a seat was to become available, please do keep us in mind. Once we had been seated, we had a table in front of us completely free by the window during our whole meal.
** DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE ** our hostess was rude and a complete snob.
WILL NOT BE VISITING AGAIN.
The on the house “birthday cake” they had given to us was completely appalling! Please don’t insult your customers like this!

If you wish for a special evening, please visit Hakkasan or Novikov - they truly are experts in customer service!

Tara H

Asia vs English - battle of the Afternoon Tea
20 June 2017
Visited for afternoon tea in a group of 4 on a sunny day, obviously the views are fantastic which is a given at this venue but having tried many of the afternoon tea offerings available in the capital - we were all very impressed with Ting and I would personally rate it in my top 3. I have a thing for tiny pastries clearly and am always looking for something a bit new to try! Ting has two afternoon tea options - the traditional English or the Asian inspired. We were advised to opt for one each and share and they would re-fill anyway so that everyone could try everything. Generally when paying this sort of money (£70+ with service), I would expect a certain amount of re-filling of the tea stand but here the staff truly let us try everything on offer from both options. We did not feel rushed at all, as I have at some other infamous afternoon tea venues (naming no names!). We took all afternoon taking in the views, chowing down on fantastic food and trying as many of the teas on offer as we could manage. The food itself was beautifully presented with the Asian one in particular full of intriguing flavour and certainly more unusual to a standard afternoon tea, with the highlights for me being the Rendang brioche bun, spiced crab tart and some sort of shot glass full of a deep unctuous chocolate ganache. Some aspects however cannot be toyed with - both options come with scones, jam and cream. I have to say the traditional strawberry jam wins out over the more unusual mandarin/yuzu flavour which was the Asian alternative - try it for yourself and see which you prefer!

Peter K

Lunch with a view
14 December 2016
Visited for lunch with 3 friends. Was given a table by the window which gave us fantastic views across London from the 35th floor of the Shard. Food was excellent, with a brilliant take on the traditional Christmas dinner. Service was impeccable. Food prices were what you would expect for this type of restaurant although the wines & drinks were slightly more expensive than elsewhere. Only weakness was the total absence of any atmosphere, since the restaurant was less than 50% full, which was very unusual for the City, given that other similar restaurants were packed and buzzing with the Christmas spirit.

Rima A

Nice views, but lacked life
11 June 2016
We were celebrating my fiancée's birthday, we decided to go Ting for dinner. Arrived early we were sent to the bar, which in my opinion is a much better venue than the actual restaurant. It was lively, music and light buzz was going on. Then we went to the restaurant for the dinner, it was quiet and, lifeless.According to my fiancée, the best views were from the Men's toilets. All in all it was a nice restaurant to visit once!

Other restaurants near TING Restaurant & Lounge

Book TING Restaurant & Lounge for people on at .