The Richard I

Pubs·
London, SE10 8RT ·Website ·Call020 8692 2996

SquareMeal Review of The Richard I

French-born Richard the Lionheart may have had trouble speaking the local lingo, but the accent at this pretty pub that bears his name is distinctly English – right down to its spruced-up traditional decor. To drink, expect well-kept Young’s and Wells beers, plus a regularly rotated guest ale, Euro-lagers and a modest selection of bargain-priced wines. Located away from the main tourist drag, with a garden for warmer Greenwich days, this friendly local is also worth hunting down for its express lunch menu, Sunday roasts with all the trimmings, deep-fill sandwiches, platters and classic evening fillers – casseroles, hotpots, veggie salads, fish and chips, steak and full-fat puds. Once most English pubs felt like this: but as the reign of Elizabeth II enters its seventh decade, the Richard I represents a halcyon boozy past that is increasingly under threat.

Pubs

Reviews of The Richard I

Momoh D

Great atmosphere, friendly manager
29 March 2019

i am very familiar with Greenwich but where the pub is located I have never being around.

Juat by chance as driving around, I stopped for a meal and it was a great experience. The staff and the manager called Mark was very welcoming and we had a great chat. The pub looks very smart and relaxing. And it’s smells great. I had a monk fish and was great and the wine.

I will definitely go back for a Sunday roast as Mark the manager recommended....... definite place for my taste. Great pub!

Call The Richard I to make a booking on:

Other restaurants near The Richard I

Book The Richard I for people on at .