Tate Modern Kitchen & Bar

British

Call Tate Modern Kitchen & Bar to make a booking on:

About Tate Modern Kitchen & Bar

The Tate’s seventh floor restaurant offers stunning views from seven floors up and an experience that’s as accessible and welcoming as the gallery itself. Floor-to-ceiling windows provide the vistas, while families, art nerds and tourists supply the buzzing background chatter. Dinner (Fri and Sat only) offers a brief but considered menu of impressive dishes with a modern British theme – Norfolk asparagus with pickled wild mushrooms and parmesan shavings, say, or simple grilled plaice with caper and brown butter. Lunch offers more of the same, with the addition of mezze plates for sharing. All profits support the gallery, so you need have no qualms about simply calling in for a drink at the bar: the wine list has plenty of bottles under £30, but it’s the all-British beer selection that wins our vote.

Good to know about Tate Modern Kitchen & Bar

British
Fun
Dates
Views

Location for Tate Modern Kitchen & Bar

Level 6, Tate Modern, London, SE1 9TG

Opening Times of Tate Modern Kitchen & Bar

Mon-Sun 10am-5.30pm (Fri-Sat -9.30pm)

Reviews of Tate Modern Kitchen & Bar

12 November 2016

Tate Modern Restaurant, Southwark – firstly, I agree that it is hardly a place to go to for food but if you are a mum who is trying to instil culture into your child, this cafe is a good choice for children, families or large groups of people. It turned out to be more than that. fish and chips – a good plate and decent size, and I have never loved mushy peas that much before. Shame it was not a lot on the plate. hamburger – the dreariest hamburger I have had in a long time, at £14.50? a complete waste of money! spaghetti bolognese (children's portion) – little one finished her portion without difficulty so I am assuming she likes it. Food was decent apart from the hamburger. The service was very friendly and family oriented. They also cater to people who have food allergies. What was amazing about the place was the view. It was literally breathtaking. I miss the times when London used to have a low skyline with only places like the museum standing at only 7th storey could give such an iconic London view. We could still embrace that now and hopefully the PM May does not have hidden motives (although it would not be surprising if she did) to change London in the view of making Britain still as investible after the whole Brexit palaver. If lunch is not on the itinerary then have coffee or a drink to admire the panoramic view. I do wonder now, are coffee prices in museums in London expensive for that reason? I doubt that though as not many museums have this view.

06 October 2015

I asked for a table at the window and that is what we got, not that it was terribly busy on a Sat night at 7pm. I had 2 guests from overseas so the view was greatly appreciated. We all had steak, which was cooked as asked for, and hit the spot. Drinks are for adults and less so for kids - although we found something to suit all. Service was friendly. We had deserts - but again not really child friendly - and especially for allergies. It is a good spot to bring guests for the view and a cheffy type meal at a realistic price.

17 July 2014

Service at the Tate Modern restaurant was exemplary. We were also pleased that a table at the window overlooking St. Paul's was allocated to us even though we were a bit early. Lunch is as good as ever!

27 June 2014

Vegan food is a notoriously difficult menu to provide, but the Tate Modern restaurant did our guest proud. A bean salad without the goat's cheese served well as the main course and a fresh fruit selection with a beautiful fruit water ice made a most acceptable pudding. The rest of us enjoyed more conventional fare and of coure all of us enjoyed a drink or three. Service and the marvellous view from the top floor remain as impeccable as ever.

28 May 2014

After Matisse we had a booking at the Tate Modern Restaurant on the top floor; great view in the evening ( I counted 24 cranes!). It's an open area, and while the tables by the windows do have the uninterrupted view, basically all except those at the back overlooking the new construction can see the skyline across to St Paul's. Service started a bit slow for drinks, but the food came at a good pace later. Pleasingly they do a choice of wines by carafe, something I have noticed more and more in London; 2 came to £32 which was reasonable for the equivalent of a bottle. Starters of seasonal asparagus and scallops looked good and were hot and tasty. Mains were rabbit ( I should have asked its origin given the worrying stories currently) and line-caught cod. With service the total just exceeded £100 which was a fair reflection of the quality, service and environment. In and out in 90 minutes.

Other restaurants near Tate Modern Kitchen & Bar