SquareMeal Review of Silk & Grain

This independently-ran steakhouse can be found in the City, serving high quality 35-day aged steaks in a variety of different cuts. We like the dry-aged Porterhouse or 1kg Tomahawk to share, and you can pep up your meal with intriguing sauces such as maple whisky ketchup and truffled hollandaise.

Sweet potato fries are among the fashionable accessories, as is the ubiquitous mac 'n' cheese. It’s not all steaks either, with other mains including chicken breast with caramelised onions and mushrooms, and a meat-free polenta and breaded asparagus option, served with a poached duck egg.

Cocktails such as the on-site Barrel Aged Negroni are on hand in the bar area, while at your table you can make the most of a varied wine list. In a group? The ‘feast menu’ (starters, sharing steaks and desserts) represents great value for money.

Bars, British
Group dining [8+]

This venue also offers

Event Party Venue
Christmas at Silk & Grain
Christmas Parties

Location for Silk & Grain

33 Cornhill, City of London, London, EC3V 3ND

Mon-Fri 12N-12M (Wed-Thurs – 1am)

Reviews of Silk & Grain

...the managment did not pay me my last working week
31 October 2019

Dear Owner!

Sorry to "disturb you" but the manager from the Silk and Grain did not give me your contact... I will try you reach you on every online site...

My only problem is that they did not pay me my last working week... (~40hours x 10pound= £400)

Could you PLEASE fix this?

Kind regards,
Ferenc Zsiros (superstar kp) ;)

Boris D

Business meeting
19 June 2018
Really good steak, I had a 1kg tomahawk, which was absolutely amazing, it comes with two sides and two sauces, which is really good value for money. The service was really good and attentive. I will definitely be returning to this restaurant.

Lorna W

Silky and Grainy
13 October 2017
We were met by a very attentive waiter who never left us waiting he took our order as soon as we were ready, brought our drinks and each of our three courses all arrived just at the right time. The drinks were great my guest rated his Bloody Mary and although I didn't order a steak my two guests did and they looked delicious and were cooked as requested. Don't you hate it when you ask for a medium rare steak and it is anything but? Nice range of options on the menu and the White Chocolate Parfait desert was delicious as was the potato gnocchi starter (I didn't have a main but they served my starter with the carnivores while they devoured their steaks which was great) Highly recommended for somewhere different for a business lunch and the Cosmopolitan Cocktail is one of the best I've tasted.

Other restaurants near Silk & Grain

You are requesting to book Silk & Grain for people on at .