Season Kitchen

Modern European

SquareMeal Review of Season Kitchen

On the grubby paving stones of Stroud Green Road, a carefully chalked menu alerts you to this small, smart, gently offbeat restaurant. It’s just one of the touches that lifts your dining experience above the ordinary, along with the crumbly, oaty soda bread brought to your table, the perfectly soft butter, and the flakes of salt on the chocolate dessert that make it sing. Owners Neil Gill and Michael Spurgeon list such names as Alan Yau and respected gastropubs The Eagle and The Duke of Cambridge on their CVs, and their experience shows in dishes that are accomplished yet unfussy. Polish off octopus carpaccio with saffron oil, chilli and lime, before roast pork belly with spring greens and shiitake mushrooms, washed down with fruity, and pleasantly frugal, organic Spanish white. Convivial atmosphere and genial, clued-up staff, too.

Good to know about Season Kitchen

Reviews of Season Kitchen

Kanusha N

Wonderful find
20 October 2013
We were seeing a play at The Park Theatre and I was pleased to find a restaurant that was close by and well rated. I thought it a charming little space that was warmly lit. I tried the charred broccoli starter which I found to be pleasant.My husband's started of fig, duck ham and mascarpone was rather underwhelming, I thought but he enjoyed it. He had the venison for the main course. This dish was rich and very sophisticated. Mine was the wild trout- delicious! We squeezed in desert- a chocolate pot with black pepper biscotti which was sublime and my husband enjoyed his mini doughnuts filled with rhubarb custard. Each and every dish was attractively presented. The staff were very knowledgeable about their wine list. Some interesting choices on said list. Worth a visit!

Ms/Mrs. Francine B

16 May 2013
Season Kitchen was highly recommended by a friend who knows a lot about restaurants and food, so I was keen to try it. And the five stars Time Out gave it were encouraging, so I was looking forward to it. We were not disappointed. It was lovely…intimate, reasonable, friendly, great food. We had pulled kid, maple beef ribs, curried cod, rhubarb doughnuts – all unusual and quite delicious. The service was charming: attentive but not intrusive; when I suggested a minor adjustment to the decor they agreed and had a chat about it. I mentioned that I had read in a review that when customers had praised their bread (scrumptious), they had been given the recipe – we were promptly provided with four copies of said recipe. Definitely a great find in Finsbury Park. My only quibble is that their website is not working!

Ms/Mrs. Sarah B

15 August 2011
Seasons Kitchen is an absolute gem of a restaurant and a welcome addition to Finsbury Park. The food would not be out of place in many of the current on trend restaurants and it's about half the price. I have been here lots and never been disappointed, the duck and orange salad was light and crisp, the smoked salmon always good and the home made soda bread is addictive. An excellent wine list – try the organic Rioja (again half the price you will find it at the York and Albany). The service is friendly and efficient, the only downside being the turning of tables when they are busy, I always would like to stay longer. The menu changes on a monthly basis so lots of reasons to return!

Other restaurants near Season Kitchen

You are requesting to book Season Kitchen for people on at