SquareMeal Review of Sartori

Hidden away on a side street between Covent Garden and Leicester Square, this little Italian is getting quite a reputation for its wood-fired pizzas: “real quality”, notes one fan; “some of the best in town”, says another. These Neapolitan-style goodies come with properly crisp bases and all manner of “outstanding” toppings, from margherita, marinara and quattro formaggi to vesuvio (tomato, salame, mozzarella and egg) or siciliana with sautéed aubergines and parmesan – you can order ‘al metro’ if you want, and it’s also worth checking out the regional panuozzi (pizza-dough ‘sandwiches’). To start, garlicky mussels with chilli and tomato come highly recommended, and there are plenty of pastas too. The long narrow dining room feels friendly with its banquettes along the walls, wine displays and colourful artwork, while service ticks all the boxes for warmth, speed and efficiency.

Good to know about Sartori

Italian, Pizza

Location for Sartori

15-18 Great Newport Street, London, WC2H 7JE

Opening Times of Sartori

Mon-Sun 12N-11pm

Reviews of Sartori

Ms/Mrs. Julie R

The real bella Italia.....
17 August 2018
Have used Sartori around 3 times over this summer, always for a quick bite pre-theatre and have never been disappointed, even when one visit rapidly followed a trip to Italy, so proof that the food here compares favourably to home! Portion sizes are generous; we were momentarily floored the first time we ordered the plate of antipasto misto and were just glad to have shared it, but the quality of the food is excellent too. Top notch pizzas and pasta dishes served by efficient, professional staff. The downstairs section can get very noisy once it is full of diners but overall my go to pre-theatre place for the Leicester Square area.

Ms/Mrs. Jane C

23 May 2014
Very lively, casual dining experience – literally next door to Leicester Square tube station – how convenient!. We were after a casual, authentic Italian meal. We didn't have much time as we were going to see a show in Catherine Street. From our table in the window, had a great view of the street and could indulge in a bit of people watching. The restaurant was buzzing with customers and all the food looked delicious. Staff were friendly and efficient. We both had the theatre menu – very tasty, simple and well presented Italian staples – two courses for just under £11 – bargain – I had grilled vegetables with balsamic vinegar dressing followed by Lasagne. There was an interesting and varied a la carte menu too. Wine was available by the glass – three different sizes of glass – how civilised! Highly recommend this friendly and buzzing restaurant.

Mr. Mark R

I will return
24 February 2014
I had lunch in Sartori with a group of friends on Friday and overall was very impressed. Firstly great location tucked into a side street between Covent Garden and Leicester Square. Restaurant has a very nice look & feel and good atmosphere. We got a genuine welcome when we arrived and the menu is very good. Some real traditional Italian dishes (pastas, fish etc) and a great selection of pizzas. For starters we had the octopus (2) and Mussels with chilli (2) and both were excellent. For main course we had pizzas (3) and the selection of fried fish (1) and again really good. The pizzas are of real quality, have a wonderful crispy base and the toppings were outstanding. The service was efficient and attentive and overall it was a very good experience. I will go back here for sure. Nice to have found a really good Italian in this area.

Ms/Mrs. bryony H

Great place to eat
13 February 2014
Great Italian restaurant in the heart of theatre land. Have had many very good meals here prior to theatre and although very busy the food and service are always extremely good. Highly recommend

Mr. David C

Excellent Food
19 May 2013
This restaurant was very busy and had a great atmosphere, food quality was excellent and portion size was also good. Both my wife and I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. The taste of Italy in central London.

Mr. Julien A

another good night
21 April 2013
another good night out at Sartori. great atmosphere, great food

Mr. Julien A

Great
17 April 2013
I first went to this restaurant with some friend from italy who had been here and liked it. So my thought was “it can't be wrong since even Italians like it” and well I wasn't disappointed. I went back with some friends who were visiting London same experience, great food, great staff and reasonable price I thought.

Other restaurants near Sartori

You are requesting to book Sartori for people on at