Call Restaurant Ours to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Restaurant Ours

Formerly headed up by Restaurant Story chef Tom Sellers, Ours was lashed by the critics when it first opened its doors. Despite this, it remained hugely popular and following Seller's departure in the summer of 2016, it's still a favourite with celebrities and big spenders. Nothing here is subtle: the lurid flower wall is selfie heaven, a booming bass soundtrack jangles your bones, and an army of earpiece-toting waiters fly around the split-level ex-warehouse in breathless confusion. Amidst all this, the kitchen turns out some decent dishes, from cod and mussels with an artful splat of lovage sauce to a slab of chocolate, liquorice and black-truffle mousse cake. But other ideas are either over-powering (octopus with salty bacon) or too subtle (lobster and citrus salad). And nothing here cheap – least of all average wines that are eye-wateringly expensive by the glass. Ultimately, the restaurant’s identity crisis continues, as it tries to marry fine-dining with DJs and party vibes. Mind you, we had a fun time – and you probably will too.

Modern European
Cool, Fun, Glamorous, Lively, Unique
Dates, Group dining [8+], Special occasions

Location for Restaurant Ours

264 Brompton Road, Kensington, London, SW3 2AS

Sat 12N-3pm 6-11pm (B:-1am) Tues-Fri 6-11pm B: -1am (Tues-Wed -10.30pm B:-12.30am)

Reviews of Restaurant Ours

Kayo C

Great food, drinks and service! New hidden place in London!!!
23 July 2016
I went there with my friends on Thursday night. We have tried caviar with avocado, steak tartar, raw tuna and their signature dish tomato salad as starter. We also tried John dory, veal, lamb, seabass,.... and some side dishes. They are all full of flavoured and tasty. Especially, I loved John dory and roasted cauliflower!!! The restaurant is sharing concept which is very familiar to family style, I love it!! We have shared all dishes as well as desserts!! We loved plum tart!!!!! They also have good selection of cocktails!!! Staff were very helpful and have good knowledge. We really enjoyed all about Ours restaurant!!!!! We definitely want to come back to try new experience again!!!!

Ms/Mrs. Justine L

OURS
01 July 2016
Dinner last night was very nice. Small choice on the menu but what was chosen was very nice. Early booking was nice - you could hear each other talk. Great Music Soundtrack!

Isabella A

Delicious Food, Amazing Vibe!
30 May 2016
I went to 'Ours' with a group of friends for a late dinner last week, the ambience was great - I loved the real tree and the open space. We had drinks upstairs to start, the staff are very welcoming yet efficient. Our waitress knew the menu very well and advised us to get lots of plates to share between us. The food came fast and the service was on point. I would definitely recommend the fried oysters and sea bass confit! Although I am a massive sea food fan, however all the platters were exceptional I will definitely be going back soon.

Bing B

Knightsbridge's latest addition by Tom & Sam
29 May 2016
Ours, Finally reopened, 264 has been a London landmark for 2 decades. Now there's a living wall feature, real trees, lots of space to fill with a private space and lounge bar overseeing the dinning area. Greeting was efficient yet friendly & warm, we had drinks upstairs to start, ideal for afterwork debriefing session. We tried two Wild clover & gougères + olives snacks. It all came quiet fast and it was delicious. We were then shown to our table where we met our waitress, she designed a menu for us because "it's all about sharing" at Ours and we could tell she knew her stuff. We had crudité, sea bass confit, oysters mignonette, tuna rice cracker, leaves & rye, ratatouille, salmon 50/50, monkfish and and and the almighty donut & peach soufflé. Go now before it gets too busy, you'll get a chance to meet the Chef Mr Bing

Dalliance C

Good food, but...
20 May 2016
Oh... We were so excited about Tom Sellers' new restaurant. It's nearly great. Perhaps it's the fact it's opening week, perhaps the general manager needs to be brought back down to earth a little, but the service let it down. Firstly the food. It's amazing. Go for the food. Crab and avocado, perfect. Monkfish, beautiful. The pecorino and foie gras chips are to die for. Veal was succulent, with a rich umami Madeira gravy. Plum tart divine. But food is only half the experience. We love going out. We love eating in new places, old favourites, exciting places. Visitors to Restaurant Ours aren't stupid, they understand fine dining, they'll spend money for the right thing. But for the restaurant to take advantage of it is unnecessary. it's a bit silly to say to customers that you "don't serve tap water, only bottled, it's £4.50" when later on you see there's a carafe of tap water being poured to guests at the next table. It's such a small pathetic whinge I know, and it is only water after all. But I'm here to relax, eat great food and of course spend money, please don't take advantage of me. When there was a large amount of sediment in my wine (as in all the dregs of a bottle), I asked the waiter (who turned out to be the general manager) what was going on. "That's sediment sir", and shrugged, as if there were nothing he could have done. This isn't any old place, this is one of London's most anticipated new openings, you should be striving for the very best. I'm happy to pay a lot of money for the best. However, I so expect the best, or at least feel the motivation is there to give the customer the best. He gave me a coffee on the house. This should (and no doubt will) go on to be a great restaurant. The understated elegance of Story has been cast aside for the adventure, fun and extravagance at Ours. But the general manager needs a clip round the ear from Mr Sellers, needs to pull his socks up, and deliver the kind of exceptional service that Daniel Phippard is pumping out in the kitchen behind him.

Other restaurants near Restaurant Ours

You are requesting to book Restaurant Ours for people on at .