Call Rasa Samudra to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Rasa Samudra

A Charlotte Street stalwart for many years, Rasa’s seafood outlet recently upped sticks and moved into the group’s premises on Dering Street, just a hop from Oxford Street. It’s still pretty in pink, and continues to champion Kerala’s fish cookery in a setting fully endowed with touristy reminders of India’s celebrated coastal region. Get started with crispy nibbles and brilliant homemade pickles before sampling medhu vadai (chilli-spiked lentil dumplings). After that, proceed to full throttle curries such as the signature dry-cooked crab varuthathu, king prawns with green mango or home-style varutharacha meen (buttery-soft tilapia cooked with coconut, red chills and tamarind. There are street-food dosas and other specialities for the veggies, plus rare desserts such as pal payasam (a fragrant rice pudding studded with raisins, cashews and cardamom seeds). Drinks are a clever match for the food.

Good to know about Rasa Samudra

Mon-Sat 12N-3pm Mon-Sun 6-11pm

Reviews of Rasa Samudra

Ms/Mrs. ruth C

20 December 2011
I went recently on a Saturday evening, prebooked for 8.30pm with a group of 5 friends. We arrived on time, but did not get our food until nearly 10pm. We were hungry, tired and fed up. I can't even remember what the food tasted like. Very poor service. The restaurant was not full. I won't be going again. My friends all came from out of town to sample the delights of Rasa. They don't intend to go to any other Rasa restaurants in London again. Be warned.

Ms/Mrs. Victoria I

14 January 2010
I really like this restaurant. I guess from the review above I've been lucky with the atmosphere as it's always packed whenever I go. Rasa was the first Indian restaurant I've been to and experienced truly home-made chutneys and pickles. No buckets of raw white onion and bright orange mango chutney. Several tiny dishes of delicious and unusual chutneys, a few of them contain chunks of prawns and meaty white fish. Once you've tasted Rasa's pickles, poppadums and chutneys elsewhere will always be a let down! Because of the layout of tiny nooks and crannys sometimes you have to stick your head round the corner if you want something but generally the service is good and they check back often. I've eaten lots of different dishes on their menu and not been dissapointed, the real stand out one I can remember was a dish of crab claws in a delicious aromatic sauce. In fact I might go there tonight…

Other restaurants near Rasa Samudra

You are requesting to book Rasa Samudra for people on at .