Osteria Dell'Angolo

Italian

SquareMeal Review of Osteria Dell'Angolo

A classic Italian trattoria with that “classic Chiantishire enoteca look”, Osteria dell’Angelo goes about its business against a comfortably unpretentious backdrop of bare wooden tables, smart chairs, exposed brickwork and ample wine racks. Noise levels are perfect for private conversations between Westminster lobbyists and parliamentarians who come here for “better than average” food, a really approachable wine list and a bill that’s guaranteed to keep the accountants happy. The menu isn’t going to set the world alight, but stylish dishes ranging from stewed baby octopus with quinoa and purple potatoes or pappardelle with wild boar ragù to saddle of venison with celeriac sauce, cavolo nero and juniper are guaranteed to satisfy allcomers. There’s also a comfortable bar area, where ever-accommodating staff will happily provide you with a cup of coffee, a plate of cicchetti or a brace of cocktails.

Good to know about Osteria Dell'Angolo

15% off food ordering a minimum of 2 courses from the A La Carte Menu

From: 8 April, 2019
To: 8 May, 2019
Max: 6
When ordering a minimum of two courses per person from the a la carte menu. Please note that the 15% discount is applied to food items only, not to the whole bill.
Availability: Mon-Fri 12:00PM-3:00PM 6:00PM-10:30PM,Sat 6:00PM-10:30PM

Location for Osteria Dell'Angolo

47 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 3DR

Opening Times of Osteria Dell'Angolo

Mon-Fri 12N-3pm Mon-Sat 6-10.30pm

Reviews of Osteria Dell'Angolo

Ms/Mrs. Rose N

15 August 2014
The starter and main course was good. dessert dissapointing and not good value for money.

14 April 2014
I went to Osteria dell’Angolo because we found the special discount and it really worth it! We felt the authentic Italian atmosphere. The chef was really kind and came to our table explaining the dishes we ordered. I suggest to everyone to try this restaurant, you can have really good meal without spend too much.

Mr. Steve T

Love this restaurant!
12 March 2013
My wife and I are avid diners and heard from a colleague that this was the place to go. I must say we were both very happy with our experience. The staff were very accomodating and helped us with anything they could. The food was excellent and just as we had been expecting. It was great value for money and we hope to visit again.

Ms/Mrs. Elizabeth L

07 September 2012
Three of us popped in for a late dinner last night. The food was good, but the service was a problem. The maître d’ (possibly filling in for too few servers?) forgot part of our meal and our three coffees. We decided to just ask for the bill, and found we had been charged for them. When I asked to have the coffees and the service charge removed, he was insulting, rude and aggressive, returning to the table several times to berate me and my guests. It was pretty startling and embarrassing. One would expect a restaurant with these prices to have impeccable service, as well as food, or at least a gracious maître d’ who knows when to apologize if things weren’t up to expectations. We won't be back.

Ms/Mrs. Anna S

26 April 2009
It's 2009 and my personal belief is that good food doesn't need to be delivered with the same gravitas as say in my grandfather's time. Osteria dell'Angolo I feel take themselves a little too seriously and perhaps being round the corner from the Houses of Parliament, that is what is required to keep afloat on politicians' expenses. Being in my 30s however, I felt a slow suffocation by the rustle of pin-striped suits and immaculate starched waiters' aprons. Definitely could do with an injection of ‘messiness’ and warmth along the lines of River Cafe. Food is as good as you would expect by and large; pasta superbly good but the Florentine tripe a little underseasoned and on the oily side.

Mr. Bill M

29 January 2009
A very welcome (and much needed) addition to the Westminster area. Outstanding fresh pastas, with inventive and creative sauces. The bread, a small thing, is amazing … and the menu represents a delightful twist on the expected. Exceptionally warm staff. A true taste of Tuscany, and a step well beyond what's typical. Kudos.

Other restaurants near Osteria Dell'Angolo

You are requesting to book Osteria Dell'Angolo for people on at