Nusr-Et Steakhouse

Dinner
Group dining [8+], Special occasions
Food Hygiene Rating

About Nusr-Et Steakhouse

After months and months of delays, Nusr-Et Steakhouse London finally opened on 23 September 2021.

If you told us ten years ago that a popular internet meme could lead to a string of successful international restaurants, we probably wouldn’t have believed you. Nevertheless, we are living in the 21st century and this is exactly what chef Nusret Gökçe, otherwise known as ‘salt bae’, has done. In early 2017, the Turkish chef achieved internet fame when videos of his unique meat seasoning technique (essentially a theatrical sprinkling of salt) went wildly viral, leading to countless memes and recreations.

The original video of his seasoning technique currently boasts over six million views on YouTube, and Nusret has since capitalised on his success. Within the last two years, the chef has gone on to open 15 steak restaurants around the globe and there are already plans to open more in the future. The debut London branch finds its home at the luxury Park Tower hotel in Knightsbridge, which also houses The Hyde Bar. At Nusr-et Steakhouse, guests can expect to dine on a menu which includes signature dishes such as roasted asado short-rib, and Nusr-Et meat spaghetti, which consists of paper-thin cuts of seared beef, which diners are encouraged to twirl around their forks like they are eating pasta. One of the restaurant's signature dishes is a giant Tomahawk steak that is covered in edible gold leaf and priced at an eye-watering £700.

Elsewhere on the menu, you’ll find tartare selections and some light salads, while there’s a cocktail menu to help wash all of that steak down. So far, the Nusr-Et restaurants around the world have courted the Instagram crowd, as well as a few famous faces such as David Beckham and DJ Khaled, but some of the restaurants have faced scathing reviews from critics. Reviewing the New York location, GQ called the steak “mundane, somewhat tough and rather bland”. Prices are also high, although that is to be expected in the well-heeled surrounds of Knightsbridge. Nevertheless, if you’re looking to grab a snap with Salt Bae, or recreate his video, this may be your best bet.

FAQs

Can you book Nusr-Et Steakhouse in London?

Currently booking lines aren't open, but once the restaurant launches we assume bookings will be possible.

Is there a dress code at Nusr-Et Steakhouse in London?

While there's no official dress code for Nusr-Et Steakhouse in London, we suggest smart casual would be appropriate.

What price will Nusr-Et Steakhouse be?

The menu for Nusr-Et Steakhouse is yet to be published, so at the moment we're unsure of pricing. We do know however that the pricing on the menu at the Dallas restaurant isn't cheap. If prices are similar you can expect to pay around £20 for a burger, and up to £200 for a tomahawk rib-eye.

Who owns Nusr-Et Steakhouse in London?

Nusr-Et Steakhouses are so famous because they are run by Instagram influencer Nusret Gökçe Erzurum, who goes by the name Salt Bae on the social media platform.

Is Nusr-Et Steakhouse London open yet?

Nusr-Et Steakhouse will open on 23 September, 2021.

Is Nusr-Et Steakhouse in London halal?

Yes, the meats used at Nusr-Et Steakhouse are halal.

Is Salt Bae in UK?

Salt Bae has been spotted in London, which people presume is because he's in town to open his new restaurant. Watch this space.

Is there outside seating at Nusr-Et Steakhouse

Nusr-Et Steakhouse has a 'secret garden' at the back of the restaurant, allowing guests to eat alfresco on the terrace.

Nusr-Et Steakhouse is featured in

Location for Nusr-Et Steakhouse

The Park Tower hotel, 101 Knightsbridge, Knightsbridge, London, SW1X 7RN

01821 687738

Reviews of Nusr-Et Steakhouse

Shambles
19 November 2021

Well where do I start!
booked Nusr-Et restaurant over a month ago for my husbands birthday, traveled 4 hours by train. We've been looking forward to coming to the new restaurant on Knightsbridge, as we've approached the main door the doorman said can you stand to the side please and wait for reservation team, a man comes comes out and asked for the reservation name and said your names not on the list this morning, we've had called from the restaurant asking if we was still coming and also afternoon confirming We was still coming, but then to be told we wasn't on the list on his iPad and we couldn't come inside, we was given a card to call the number and ring then to sort it out, he was so rude I've never been spoken to so unprofessional literally shut the door in our face and said you cannot come in we are fully booked I had booked months ago how can that be when I've had 2 phone calls asking if we was coming and also confirmation from the restaurant on open tables and be no booking? I've never felt so embarrassed and spoken to this restaurant is not professional what so ever they don't even have a number to contact the restaurant directly there's a number to contact the reservation team that's in Perth Scotland? What is that all about it's such a shame we was looking forward to coming for so long it's so disappointing, and not been able to get into another restaurant short notice that night, it had ruined our whole weekend. So I would not recommend this restaurant, and this is the first review I've ever done I've been that upset I've had to write and tell people about them.

Disappointing management
18 October 2021

The management team has let us down at such a well know and popular restaurant. We traveled over 300miles from a different city to take time out for the kids and our own valuable working time to go out and eat with the kids.Their was 6 of us altogether and as soon as we entered the que and i gave them my name they told us to wait out side for a few minutes because they had to check something all of sudden the HEAD MANAGER OF THE RESTAURANT came and told us that our reservation was cancelled and that we are not welcome at there restaurant and as soon as we told them that we traveled a long way just to eat at the WELL KNOWN! Restaurant the MANAGER said this "sir it's Thursday afternoon there are many others restaurants that would take you guys in" and was looking away with zero eye contact and when we asked for the managers name he simply walked off and didn't come back until we went. On top of that we got dressed accordingly to their dress code we came before 6 o'clock because there was two kids below the age of 16, had a reservation and confirmed the reservation on the same day by text they had our name down in there Ipad but they were pretending not to see it until my little brother seen my name in the reservation list. This situation absolutely disgusted me and upset my littel brothers and my parents. would i recommend this restaurant yes but in a different country as to the team, management and service in the Miami branch was impeccable.

WAKE UP
14 October 2021

EVERYONE STOP YOUR EGO !

WHOEVER GOES TO THIS PLACE CLEARLY IS AWARE OF THE MENU AND PRICING . YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR PUTTING YOURSELF INTO . IF YOU CANT AFFORD IT DONT GO .

THEY ARE DOING AMAZING SO YOUR REVIEWS DONT MEAN ANYTHING TO THEM .

SELF RESPECT UK GAIN IT BACK

Ripped off
06 October 2021

If you want to eat, go look for some other places. Here you don't pay your food, you pay the picture and the video you take with Bae. Or if you want to show off I highly recommend this place. Is for this type of people;)

Good luck to him, but...
05 October 2021

If you want to sit in a room full of brass and Eastern European gangsters, there are probably cheaper alternatives in London

Amazing Restaurant
01 October 2021

Don't listen to the negative comments. Negative people have a problem for every solution.

this restaurant is not made to be your local restaurant and I see comments about price it clearly isn't suited for everyone and perhaps to consider there target audience.

the food is absolutely amazing juicy meat cooked just how I wanted it and the burger was amazing.   Couldn't get enough of the golden food ??..

Honestly fantastic place to visit with such a great atmosphere for people visiting.

This is a real honest comment and not based on envy and hate highly recommend only thing as everyone knows don't go here with £100 & change in your back pocket it is expensive but as mention it isn't for everyone

Avoid At All Cost
30 September 2021

Luckily I have a few quid in my back pocket but the prices here are just fraudulent. The Gold Burger for £100 was super dry and was totally average. Harvester does a better burger and that no lie. The £200 steak was so poor I was actually flabbergasted. It was like having a poor steak at Miller & Carter on a bad day. Just obscene money for products that are not up to the standard. It's basically not gastronomy at its finest, it's an over priced theatre show.

Hell no
10 September 2021

You have to be kidding me.

Tye

CANNOT WAIT TK GO!!!
25 January 2021

Just like

"Nick from Suffolk"

Who wrote

"A new low for Knightsbridge" on 27 December 2019, I have not been to Nusr-et in London.

I have not been, because it is not yet open! But fortunately for the London economy, Nusr-et is bucking the trend, and is looking to open a restaurant here.

This may only be a drop in the ocean, but it will help across the board. From farmers to waiters, from chefs to receptionists.

I really hope that it does well, and once I have been, I'll be back, to leave an honest critique of the establishment!

I know how hard it is for a new business, and how valuable reviews are. A high end restaurant in London can lose well over £1000, by having a large empty table!

Someone who quickly glanced at the negative reviews, or the star rating may go elsewhere, costing significant revenue. Salt Bea will be ok. I'm sure he has a positive bank balance. But I'm not so sure about the waiters and waitresses, the cleaners and chefs, all who are counting on this place for employment!

Nick from Suffolk - if you have a "review" then we are all ears. But opinions.....keep them to yourself!

Good luck Salt Bea!

Tye

Excited
31 October 2020

Been to this restaurant in new york and thought the food was amazing. The cost of the meal was really expensive however its worth ot for a one off or a special occasion. I will definitely be going to the new restaurant once they open

Call Nusr-Et Steakhouse to make a booking on:

Other restaurants we like near Nusr-Et Steakhouse

Book Nusr-Et Steakhouse for people on at .