North China
North China

Call North China to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of North China

Lauded by one fan as “the perfect neighbourhood Chinese”, North China has been operating from these smart little premises on Uxbridge Road for more than three decades. Behind the attractive bay windows it’s a relaxing spot (despite the traffic outside), with monochrome photos of the homeland festooned on its ochre walls. Much of the menu is firmly in the mainstream, so lovers of barbecued spare ribs, sweet-and-sour chicken or beef in black bean sauce won’t be disappointed. Nevertheless, a few northern Chinese treats can be winkled out if you scrutinise the list: try the cold hors d’oeuvres (marinated beef, pork jelly in garlic etc) before heading on to crispy kung-po prawns with spicy Chinese wine, sizzling lamb or the emblematic Peking duck. Homemade noodles are worth ordering too. Parties of local Chinese, dining at large round banqueting tables, add to the merry buzz of this “outstanding” family-run set-up.

Chinese

Location for North China

305 Uxbridge Road, London, London, W3 9QU

Mon-Sun 12N-2.30pm 6-11.30pm (Fri-Sat -12M)

Reviews of North China

Mr. James C

05 March 2014
I have eaten Take Away from here. Its one of the few in the Acton Area. Service was extremly formal and brusque-school of 1950s.from Black Dinner suited Manager looking more like a nIghtclub Bouncer. Its patronised mainly by hard up uncritical locals looking to "eat out"without the inconvenience of travelling to the West End. Menu is the same standard fare as the majority of budget Chinese Restaurants all over the UK and a bit more expensive. Service left one feeling like just one more unit to get rid of ASAP. Would not use again.

Ms/Mrs. Oph C

North of China is Chilli Beef King for me!
05 May 2013
First impressions…nice looking restaurant. I had booked a table but some guests didnt make it, so we were sent to the upper floor… If you like eating in a bustling atmosphere first thing…opt to occupy a table on the ground floor, upstairs is for the quieter speakers or the romantic twosomes… Service overall was what you'd expect in a decent restaurant, good. For the avid Chinese food eaters, some dishes on the North of Chinas' restaurant were quite different to many that I have eaten in. The best dish for me was the Chilli Beef and the Smoked Chicken. A bone of contention for many will be – Chilli Beef! Many restaurants make it, crispy, crunchy, sweet, but you ask, where is the beef in this dish. North of China have this dish spot on, seasoned well, crispy slightly smokey and yes..there is beef and this dish they do exceptionally well, the best I have eaten in over 10 years..their take on smoked chicken was also very well executed. Kung Po Prawns however, crunchy but lacked seasoning for my taste buds. The duck should have been far more crunchy that it was also. Wine not too badly priced either. Will visit again for my two prize dishes. From Chilli Beef Queen!

Ms/Mrs. Natasha V

03 December 2012
I am happy to finally be able to do a review on this amazing little place. Considering I have lived in this area for a long time, I only came across it on my sister's recommendation. I always ordered the hot combination starter, for 3. That is how delicious it is! The pork ribs are to die for, the singapore noodles with extra onions, superb! The only qualm I have some times is that when I order for it to come to my house, it does take a little bit longer than usual. But I look over that due to the fact that the food is top notch!

Other restaurants near North China

You are requesting to book North China for people on at .