My Old Dutch Chelsea

Modern European

About My Old Dutch Chelsea

Most Londoners will have eaten in a branch of My Old Dutch at some time – it’s almost a right of passage. Established in 1958, this small chain of pancake restaurants (with outlets in Kensington, Holborn and Chelsea) might not be groundbreaking, but it’s reliable, fun, inexpensive and caters for a broad spectrum of diners. Dutch references pepper the menu: start with kaasballen or bitterballen (cheese or meatballs) before moving on to savoury pancakes; the house special pancake is filled with smoked bacon, ham and vegetables. Pudding? More pancakes, of course: you’ll be in Nutella or maple-syrup heaven; and poffertjes (small, fluffy pancakes) offer a marginally different take on the theme. Frankly, pancake abjurers should steer clear of the place, but you will find salads, waffles and apple pie as alternatives. To drink, shakes and Dutch or Belgian beers are unsurprisingly more popular than wine.

Good to know about My Old Dutch Chelsea

Modern European

Location for My Old Dutch Chelsea

221 Kings Road, London, SW3 5EJ

Opening Times of My Old Dutch Chelsea

Mon-Sun 10am-10.30pm (Sun -10pm)

Reviews of My Old Dutch Chelsea

01 August 2016

It was the perfect venue for a leisure Saturday lunch in Kings Road with friends. The only difficulty is to decide what to have between the delicious savoury and sweet pancakes. I would have had one of each but the “My Old Dutch” I had was so large that I did not have room for anything else. I liked the Dutch decoration of plates and windmills in the restaurant and the bright orange paint of the interior. I will definitely go back.

Other restaurants near My Old Dutch Chelsea