Montpeliano

Italian

Call Montpeliano to make a booking on:

About Montpeliano

Nestled alongside Bonhams auction house, this long-standing Italian is proud to be ‘old-fashioned’, & it looks lovely – a charming white townhouse complete with jaunty blue awnings & foliage-covered trellises, harbouring a leafy conservatory dining room with marble floors & walls covered in photos of screen sirens. Sadly, the food sometimes fails to dazzle, & the line-up of beef carpaccio, veal escalope, spaghetti vongole & the like has been deemed ‘boring’ by some more worldly readers – although specials such as veal tagliata with wild mushrooms, linguine with crab & leeks, or monkfish with sun-dried tomatoes sound more frisky. Prices are steep, even for Knightsbridge (deep-fried calamari is a jaw-dropping £20.50), although the clientele – wealthy Russian businessmen & glamorous jet-set families – don’t seem to mind. Others should stay with the more affordable set menus.

Good to know about Montpeliano

Italian
Traditional

Location for Montpeliano

13 Montpelier Street, London, SW7 1HQ

Opening Times of Montpeliano

Mon-Sun 12N-12M (Sun -11.30pm)

Reviews of Montpeliano

Ms/Mrs. Anna B

I would highly reccomend it!
13 March 2013
Went there last weekend and I had a truly great night at Montpeliano! Food was super delicious. I had Risotto with Mushrooms and my Partner went for Spaghetti Lobster, and we both loved it! For desert we shared Tiramisu, which was recommended by the waiter and it was one of the best we ever had. The waiters are very attentive, the atmosphere was very nice and they have a great wine list too.

Mr. Jon G

Delizioso
05 March 2013
I just moved from Italy to London and I am so glad a friend has recommended me this restaurant. It has a very authentic, Italian cuisine. I tried several dishes (as I go there quite frequently) and all of them have been delicious. I highly recommend Spaghetti Lobster and the home-made Tagliatelle salmon and spinach or the Grilled baby chichen, served with spicy tomato sauce. Which also helps me to overcome my homesickness are their delicious desserts such as Profiteroles al cioccolato or the Tiramisu. They are very generous with their portion-sizing and you defiantly won't leave the table hungry! This restaurant is a true gem in Knightsbridge … Fantastico!!!

Mr. Dave S

07 October 2012
Went there last night and really liked it. Great food, great wine list and good service. I will def return.

Ms/Mrs. Sandra L

30 September 2012
I went there with my boyfriend, who is Italian and we both had an very lovely evening. The food was excellent and the staff was very attentive. We had Antipasti, which was a nice selections of tasty meats, cheese and olives. As main I had Risotto and my boyfriend went for Spaghetti Vongole, which we really enjoyed and was followed by Tiramisu and Bread and Butter Pudding, which was both very divine. The stuff was very helpful by choosing which dish to go for and very attentive. We really liked the decor of the restaurant with a mix of family pictures and signed photographs, such as Justin Timberlake. I would deferentially return to this restaurant and I have recommended it also to my friends.

Ms/Mrs. Annie K

07 November 2011
The experience was a bitter and very disappointing one. We were treated like we weren't good enough for the restaurant, we paid over the odds for the food and we were overcharged for the privilege. - We were charged for what seemed to be complimentary olives and bread and later the ‘open sweet’ which were automatically brought to our table; - We asked for tap water (after ordering a L29 bottle of wine)- the staff made a huge fuss and openly scoffed. We were brought a jug, but when we paid, we were charged L7 (it was definitely tap water) - The staff were arrogant and conceited; - To top it all off, they then charged us for an extra coffee we didn't have. I was so angry and disgusted about the whole experience.

Ms/Mrs. MissSushiRocker M

11 January 2010
The perfect italian for non italians who know nothing about italian food! I can't tell you how many people over the years have raved about this restaurant – none of them italian all of them clueless about food in general. This restaurant could be in Abu Dhabi. It is truly a shame because their location is great, but the old fashioned, boring menu and lazy cooking here will be it's slow death. Extremely tacky and very diasppointing.

Ms/Mrs. melanie W

29 December 2008
This was my first visit to Montpeliano. The location is lovely and the restaurant itself has quite a nice ambience. The food however was quite another matter, it was simply awful. It was Italian food from the 70's but done very badly, no presentation and the ingredients did not taste fresh at all, in fact some of the food was inedible. It is also grossly overpriced for the quality of food being served. There are many far better choices in this area.

Other restaurants near Montpeliano

You are requesting to book Montpeliano for people on at