SquareMeal Review of London Steakhouse Co. City

One of only two Marco Pierre White Steakhouses, this City outfit promises quality meat – and it delivers. The space is sleek and sharp, with crisp white tablecloths: a look geared to suit local suits. Fresh crab salad made a zesty opener to our meal, before the main event of tender rib-eye, which arrived with a peppercorn sauce that further boosted the flavour. Toppings of maple-cured bacon, fried egg or langoustine tails can be added your steak, but we were more than content with sides of Pont Neuf chips and crispy onion rings. To drink, there’s a strong selection of wines, and staff are happy to recommend pairings. A rich sticky toffee pudding cake, with vanilla ice cream and warm caramel sauce, made an admirable – if filling – finale. While Steakhouse Co isn’t revolutionary or over-exciting, its classically British menu allows for both scrimping and splurging, and should satisfy any carnivorous cravings.

British

Special offers from London Steakhouse Co. City

50% off mains (weekend)

Max: 10
50% will taken of the main course, when choosing a starter, mains and dessert from our A La Carte menu.

50% off mains

Reviews of London Steakhouse Co. City

Mr. Frank N

Unremarkable, but satisfactory
29 June 2013
My wife and I dined here on Friday, 28.06.13 with two friends. Initially there was a minor fly in the ointment, as my friend, who rarely drinks anything alcoholic other than beer, discovered that the restaurant had “run out” of lager. The staff decided to do the right thing, (in my opinion), and send someone to a local store to buy some, mini disaster avoided. There was quite a lull while we waited for menus, eventually having to ask a passing waiter for them, no big deal really. We all ordered, and did not wait too long for dinner, and we all agreed that we were happy with our food, save for my friend's wife, who, while enjoying the belly of pork, had difficulty cutting it, even though she had been given a steak knife. My friend and I eschewed dessert, but our wives enjoyed their choices. The coffee at the end of the evening was a very good one, it appealed to everyone's taste. I wasn't overly impressed with the evening we had, but I'd certainly give it another shot some other time.

Mr. Adrian B

How it should be done
15 May 2013
A lovely evening. The staff were polite and attentive without being obsequious or intrusive. The Asparagus Hollandaise was the best that I have ever eaten; perfectly al-dente. My guest had the liver and bacon, which was done to perfection. My main was Wild Halibut, and I added broccoli with toasted almonds and triple fried chips. The wine was the most beautiful New Zealand Sauvignan Blanc that I have ever tasted: Mansion House Bay 2012. Very reasonably priced. Sticky Toffee pudding to round it off. The wine list looked very good, and included three great dessert wines:- Ice Wine, Tokaji, and Recioto Della Valpolicella. “I shall return”

Other restaurants near London Steakhouse Co. City

You are requesting to book London Steakhouse Co. City for people on at .