Spanish, Tapas

SquareMeal Review of Ibérica Farringdon

Spanish powerhouse Ibérica has moved tapas on from a tick list of ordinary nibbles to specialities worth toasting with a glass of vintage cava. The group’s executive chef Nacho Manzano (winner of three Michelin stars) directs the kitchen, reprising his own signature dishes and putting them alongside some new-century tapas. Current Ibérica classics range from a gazpacho of red berries, beetroot and anchovy to spring onion tempura with lemon aïoli and soy, an oxtail ‘sandwich’ with potato cream, and near-legendary chorizo lollipops with pear aïoli, while the selection of cheeses, cured meats and preserved fish honours Spain’s centuries-old gastronomic traditions. Meanwhile, set menus and sharing dishes (including various paellas) provide another way in to the experience. Drinks cover the spectrum of Spanish booze from beer, cider and sangria to bespoke G&Ts, vermouths, countless sherries and sparklers by the glass.

Spanish, Tapas

Reviews of Ibérica Farringdon

Jessica P

Good spot
25 June 2017
The restaurant offers a great menu and lovely dining experience. Good service and hospitality. Also a perfect spot for drinks and nibbles by the bar (good selection of small bites). The bar is quite small so I wouldn't recommend for large groups unless you book the area.

Rachael B

Lovely Spanish Food
09 May 2017
One of my favourite restaurants in the Farringdon area. The food is amazing, with lots of choice. The chorizo lollipops are my favourite.

Ms/Mrs. Tim A

Noisy but fun.
20 October 2016
Excellent service from friendly and extremely helpful staff. Only complaint was that the first glass of Manzanilla sherry was a bit long in the tooth but then very few people appreciate sherry these days hence the bottle may take a while to finish in those circumstances. So - best to ask when the bottle was opened. Also - as I am also getting a bit long in the tooth I found it a bit noisy with its high ceiling, bare walls and wooden floors.... Otherwise - first rate.

Ms/Mrs. Charlotte H

Disappointing
26 August 2016
Unfortunately I was really disappointed with my dinner at Iberica Farringdon when I went with two friends for a celebratory meal. The menu didn't describe the dishes well at all; the portion sizes were minuscule and not justified by the quality of the food and in parts were extortionately priced. Some options just sounded bizarre, and it was tricky to avoid excessive mayonnaise / unnecessary potatoes at times - perhaps in an effort to pad out the dishes. The service was great though, and the surroundings were lovely, perhaps a place for drinks and nibbles, rather than dinner.

Outstanding!
20 December 2015
This tapas restaurant is the best in London! In my opinion... Returned after a couple months to find that Iberica Farringdon is as good as ever! Food is fantastic with a couple of our favourite dishes returning to the menu - the slow cooked lamb and the la tarte d'abuela. Service is flawless. We love it and the G&Ts are perfect. We will be back...

Ms/Mrs. Sarah G

What a find
20 November 2015
Never knew this place existed despite walking virtually passed it on a number of occassions - what a find - fantastic food, lovely restaurant and great service - really good value for money also.

A great night out!
16 August 2015
Great food, service and atmosphere. We love this place!

Ms/Mrs. Lynn C

A corner of Spain in London
14 June 2015
Excellent Spanish tapas in a great location. The restaurant has a lovely ambience, the staff are friendly and attentive without being overbearing, and the food is very good. It was my fourth visit here (my only frustration is that Iberia opened in Farringdon just as I moved out of the Barbican, otherwise I would eat here more frequently!) but my first for Sunday lunch and my first experience of the Iberica paella we selected the chicken, seafood and vegetable option which was absolutely delicious. I would recommend to anyone who enjoys Spanish cuisine.

Fabulous restaurant
11 April 2015
This is our local tapas bar and we go regularly. Food and service are always great and we would strongly recommend to anyone.

Lee M

Very Good
18 January 2015
This was a very good restaurant - excellent service from very friendly staff who gave some excellent recommendations around food and drink. The Food quality and variety is v. good too - good selection of meat, vegetables and seafood, though maybe lacking a little bit of a selection on greens. If i was being harsh, I'd say the food was very heavy - so take it slow and enjoy a glass of wine or two. The restaurant itself is nice and for around £30 pp inc. service charge, you cant complain for delicious food, superb service and a nice atmosphere. I'll definitely be going back - Lee

Other restaurants near Ibérica Farringdon

You are requesting to book Ibérica Farringdon for people on at .