Ham Yard at Ham Yard Hotel

Afternoon tea, Bars, Hotel Bars, International, Steak, Vegan, Vegetarian·

SquareMeal Review of Ham Yard at Ham Yard Hotel

Taking over a previously deserted site on the western edge of Soho, Ham Yard Hotel is the latest addition to the Firmdale Hotels chain. The venture has a distinct ‘urban village’ feel, with a tree-filled garden providing the focal point – complete with a specially commissioned bronze sculpture by Tony Cragg. In addition to the Ham Yard Restaurant, the hotel also has its own self-contained bar where punters can sip drinks while nibbling on chorizo sausage rolls with rapeseed mayo, BBQ octopus with pickled white cabbage, truffled mascarpone and ham melts, pulled pork sliders and other small plates. And if you need cooling down, one of their ice-cream sandwiches should do the trick.

Afternoon tea, Bars, Hotel Bars, International, Steak, Vegan, Vegetarian
Cool, Fun, Lively, Quirky, Romantic, Unique
Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Gluten-free options, Vegan options, Vegetarian options, Wheelchair access
Birthdays, Celebrations, Child friendly, Dates, Romantic, Special occasions
Food Hygiene Rating

FAQs

Can you book at Ham Yard at Ham Yard Hotel?

What is the dress code at Ham Yard at Ham Yard Hotel?

We do not have a dress code

Does Ham Yard at Ham Yard Hotel offer gluten-free options?

Location for Ham Yard at Ham Yard Hotel

Reviews of Ham Yard at Ham Yard Hotel

05 March 2022   - Verified Diner
Food & Drink 5
Value 4
Great location with food to match

Very much enjoyed the whole experience

Anonymous

19 December 2021   - Verified Diner
Food & Drink 5
Value 5
Excellent!

Great warm buzzing atmosphere on a Saturday night, the restaurant was full but tables were well spaced out and felt covid safe. Vegeterian and gluten free dietary needs were catered for. Food delicious, efficient friendly service. Good wine and tea list, excellent coffee.

Lisa V

08 July 2019
For always delivering a great night out.

Laura C

31 July 2018
Wonderful ambiance, great food, attentive staff- everything was cooked and delivered to perfection- no stress dining experience.

Fiona D

25 July 2017
Food & Drink 3
Service 4.5
Atmosphere 3.5
Value 4
Lovely place but food only average
Lovely place, incredibly attentive staff. Food looked and tasted okay but it wasn't anything special. Definitely one of this me times I wish I'd gone elsewhere and as I was trying to treat a girlfriend it was even more of a let down. Happy to pay the service charge that was included. I would go back to have a few drinks but not to eat.

Emma F

09 May 2017
Good food and drink, very expensive and the service is snooty.

AmyM

23 October 2016
Food & Drink 3
Service 4.5
Atmosphere 3.5
Value 3
Very average
Everyone is raving about Ham Yard and so my mom and I decided to take advantage of their set lunch on a dull Wednesday lunchtime. The service is lovely, right from the get go. The hosts are charming, the bar tenders are efficient and the wait staff friendly. No complaints. However, it all went downhill with the food. I understand that set menus are no was the kitchen lives for, but this really was sent out with little TLC. Every dish we had hadn't been shown the seasoning at all, so was all reasonably flavourless. I had a pearl barley risotto for main, of which I am a huge fan, to find that it was stodgy, gluey and devoid of an discernible taste. My mother's fish was little better, being dry and incredibly dull. In fact we left the mains. The waiter asked if everything was ok when he came to clear and we were politely honest. At this, the manager appeared and was terribly apologetic and explained the the second chef was in the kitchen and not the head chef. (??!!) Shouldn't they all be able to cook? Aren't those recipes defined? I have eaten in Oscar and had a similar experience. I was hoping that being the new kid on the block, that the Ham Yard would be an improvement in the Firmdale stable, but sadly not.

Ema G

25 September 2016
Food & Drink 3.5
Value 5
Brilliant staff and amazing place
I've been there for the afternoon tea with my friend. We went there from a recommendation which I can say it was a very good one. we have enjoyed the food and the drinks. Keep it up!

Jane S

12 November 2015
Food & Drink 4
Value 4
Great time, wished we'd had longer.
Visited your restaurant last night for the set pre theatre meal. The staff were very friendly, attentive & nothing was too much trouble. The meal was good. We only had just over 1hr as we had to rush to the theatre but would love to come back & spend more time there. Our waiter who I'm sorry I didn't get his name was really nice & as it was my birthday bought over a birthday desert which was very unexpected .

Cait G

10 May 2015
Food & Drink 4
Service 4
Atmosphere 4
Value 4
Lovely food with buzzing atmosphere even at 6pm!
We went for a pre-theatre with only an hour timeframe for 2 courses. We were served promptly and our food came in an extremely timely manner without feeling rushed. The bar and restaurant were buzzing and it was only 6pm on a Sat. The pre-theatre menu was lovely, we all had something different and all really enjoyed out choices. The stone fish with home-made gnocchi was a stand out for me. Will def return when not under such time restrictions to make a 7 30 show.

Other restaurants we like near Ham Yard at Ham Yard Hotel

Book Ham Yard at Ham Yard Hotel for people on at .