Chinese

SquareMeal Review of Hakkasan Mayfair

Putting on the style is second nature to this scintillating, seductive and downright intoxicating branch of the global Hakkasan chain – whether you’re flashing it in the pulsating nightclubby bar or playing it cool in the sleek ground-floor dining room. Either way, devotees of the house style are in heaven as they drool over “incredible east-meets-west platefuls” of steamed langoustines wrapped in glass vermicelli with chilli and garlic sauce, spicy lamb salad with peanut dressing (one of our favourites) or stir-fried Norfolk quail with winter chestnuts, basil and lemongrass – a dish that’s unique to Hakkasan Mayfair. “Divine dim sum” such as steamed har gau crowned with gold leaf, homemade pumpkin tofu or smoked beef ribs with jasmine tea crank up the thrill factor even further (especially at lunchtime), and the whole Michelin-starred shebang is fuelled by premium sakés, brilliantly chosen matching wines and ritzy cocktails (“unusual, but in a good way”). As you’d expect, staff are immaculately groomed – although they’re not here just for show (even if their attention sometimes wanders). Eating at Hakkasan Mayfair may be a wallet-emptying experience, but “you’ll feel like a billionaire for a few hours”.

Good to know about Hakkasan Mayfair

Opening Times of Hakkasan Mayfair

Mon-Fri 12N–5.15pm 6pm-12.30am (Thur-Fri - 12.45am) Sat-Sun 12N-12.45am

Reviews of Hakkasan Mayfair

Mr. colin H

Great food but let down by the service
14 May 2017
The food is just fantastic and well worth it. Unfortunately the whole experience is marred by the service. Difficult to get attention, forgotten requests, no description if what has been served and a slightly indifferent attitude. Come on guys, the kitchen are working hard so how about you match their effort and deliver a service to match

Mr. Tadas V

Nice atmosphere and great service
29 April 2017
Our Dinner was amazing, Place is very cozy maybe a bit dark but i liked it, service is great. Starter crispy duck salad is to die for!

Average experience
04 July 2016
The atmosphere was great and the food was good but the service is poor. Much better places around especially for the price. Not forgetting your bill also includes 13.5% service charge for the poor service.

Mr. Mike B

More night club than culinary experience...
31 January 2016
My wife and I have a monthly date night - usually at a starred restaurant but occasionally at places like this (which I was surprised to discover after the event did have a star). This is a very buzzy place - probably great with a crowd on a major jolly, where the food is a bit incidental, less good for a considered foodie experience. The food is good but not memorable: salt and pepper squid was below the quality of our local takeaway; duck salad was very good; main courses of king crab and black bean sauce, and prawns were good, the king crab perhaps very good. The objective of the place is to get you in and out as quickly as possible: in our case the zeal of our waitress to serve us was tempered by our refusal to order food until our cocktails arrived (which took 20 minutes...).

Mr. Petri S

Busy but excellent
05 October 2015
I had a wonderfull dinner at Hakkasan on Saturday. I arrived a bit early and enjoyed a drink at the bar and chit chat with other customers. Table was ready exactly at booked time, recommendations for food and wine were just spot on: dumblings, spicy srimps and crisp duck were really good. Service was attentive and swift and the bill quire reasonable. Atmosphere and noise level were just right for late night dinner. Quite perfect

Almost Perfect
22 September 2015
I reviewed the Hanway Place restaurant a long time ago under the name SilverSurferS5. This is better in the sense of being more easily accessible, in a trendier location and looking more fancy outside than its predecessor. Apart from that, not much is different. Without a doubt this location attracts more stars but that does not matter to me or how much anyone is going to enjoy the food there. The food is pretty much the same; not a bad thing! I have been to this restaurant over 5 times now but I haven't been for quite a while - I think almost a year now. Last time I was there, the only thing I really had an issue with was that there really aren't that many dishes to choose from. The ones that there are are obviously of a very high standard and perhaps having not so many is what enables them to specialise and make them of such superb quality. However, I have actually become quite bored of the food that's on offer now and I am not craving it! I stuffed myself last time I was there, that I will never forget! I do plan to go there before the end of the year and I'm hoping to find there are new additions to the menu. Obviously this review should not put off people who haven't been yet or people who have not tried everything on the menu - this is just a 'me' thing... I need something new! The other thing that I've realised is the duck salad in Harrods sushi bar is more for me than the one on offer at Hakkasan which has been a starter I've ordered every time I've been to either establishment. The atmosphere is great, excellent presentation, clean, well looked after, great staff who are always helpful. Prices obviously not cheap but on par with the quality of food in my opinion. I cannot really add much else, it is simply a good quality restaurant which impresses in every sense; I just wish there was more on offer (as long as it did not mean the quality would slip).

Emma B

Great food and atmosphere
01 June 2015
We were greeted warmly and politely. The service was great, the staff were friendly and the food was excellent. The atmosphere was quiet, calm and relaxed, great for dinner with your partner or a girly catch up

Ms/Mrs. Elizabeth G

Chinese gem
13 March 2015
Went there for a celebratory dinner. Though very dark and quite noisy, the restaurant's ambience is excellent. The decor is elegant and comfortable, very stylish. Service a bit rushed, but attentive, polite and helpful. Food is excellent, absolutely delicious. We can highly recommend the melt-in-the-mouth seabass, soft shell crab, salt and pepper squid, and the duck rolls. Dim sum is OK but not brilliant (go to Yauatcha for that). Wonderful raspberry souffle for desert - a must! Bill for 2 ppl (with wine) is c.£250, which is lots of food and leaves you suitably satisfied and not too heavy on stomach. Will definitely be back!!

Mr. Minesh B

Wonderful Lunch!
12 December 2014
The food, service and atmosphere were excellent! My colleague and I had a great lunch!

Ms/Mrs. Rebecca L

20 July 2014
I went to Hakkasan with my Dad; we share a love of fine dining but his tastes are slightly more formal than mine always are. His favourite restaurant is Le Gavroche, which I adore but I was keen to try Hakkasan for the reason that I've heard it's quite the opposite – modern and buzzy. I wasn't disappointed. Hakkasan feels a bit more like a nightclub than a restaurant when you first enter – it's sleek, dimly lit and all dark wood and granite. We had a drink in the bar first which is beautifully set out and the drinks menu is absolutely sublime. I tried the Hakka which I highly recommend. We were seated downstairs which is a bit more buzzy than upstairs. We were there on a Saturday night and it was very busy. The main seating area is separated with pillars and different sections so the feeling of the whole floor is very intimate and the tables are also quite close together. Needless to say, my Dad didn't love it. That said he enjoyed the food, as did I. We shared some dim sum which was excellent and our mains were fantastic – I had a venison stirfry which was just melt in your mouth with delicious flavours. Dessert was a real treat and the highlight of the meal – a sort of chocolate and popping candy Milky Way bomb. I loved it! Service was reasonably good however we had probably 5 or 6 people serve us throughout the evening so it felt a little impersonal. I can see that Hakassan isn't for everyone – it is rather loud and the nightclub feel could be quite distracting. But for all the hype, the food is excellent and I had a fun evening.

Other restaurants near Hakkasan Mayfair

You are requesting to book Hakkasan Mayfair for people on at