Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen - St Paul's

Bars, International·

SquareMeal Review of Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen - St Paul's

Thrusting illuminated pillars, bold design details and a ready-all-day mentality make Bread Street Kitchen the lively antithesis of Gordon Ramsay’s more vanilla outlets. Reports on the ambience may run the gamut from “great” to “average”, but when Bread Street Kitchen is rocking, it’s really on song. Food ticks off global trends without alienating anyone: think potted salt-beef brisket with mustard, piccalilli and buckwheat crackers followed by superfood salads, Josper-grilled rare-breed meats or pork and fennel sausages with braised borlotti beans, nduja and salsa verde. Bar food is based on flatbreads, with breakfast, brunch and a hearty Sunday roast menu ramping up BSK’s reputation outside traditional City hours. Business clients come away “really satisfied”, thanks to impressively high standards across the board (including a wine selection housed on the mezzanine), but this place is also a winner for those with young ones in tow (kids eat free all day, every day).

Bars, International
Group dining [8+]
Food Hygiene Rating

COVID-19 Update for Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen - St Paul's

Updated on 17 Aug 2021

If you or any of your party are feeling unwell, especially if you have a high temperature, a new persistent cough or a loss of taste or smell, please contact us to cancel your booking. For more information on our response to COVID-19, please click the link.

Read more on their website

Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen - St Paul's is featured in

Sat 11:00-01:00
Sun 11:00-21:00

Reviews of Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen - St Paul's

GlobalFoodie

Waste of time and money on a terrible dinner - Go somewhere else!
28 September 2021

What a terrible experience at Bread street Kitchen St. Paul. I wish Gordon Ramsey would ever read the reviews about his restaurants.

- Terrible service from a lady waiteress that kept chatting instead of providing service. We did not order wine because of that.

- Ran out of some main dishes like pork belly

- Chicken was below Nandos level

- Overall - terrible experience, Terrible service, overproved below average food. shame on you Gordon Ramsey !

Don't waste your time or money .. Go somewhere else where food is decent and guests are treated with respect.

Shame on you Ramsey!

Laura L

28 June 2019
The Beef wellington is sublime, the staff are incredibly friendly and the general atmosphere is positive and relaxed.

Lisa S

Bread Street Kitchen
06 June 2019   - Verified Diner

A rather noisy restaurant

Steph O

Great night out
22 December 2016
Met a good friend for dinner after a busy day at work - cocktails were lovely, food delicious, staff great - attentive but not pushy. Had a lovely evening, highly recommended!

Natalie W

07 June 2016
One of my all time favourites. The restaurant and bar are great, I love the decor and relaxed vibe of it yet in the evening there's just enough formality but that's not too much.

Valarie D

17 May 2016
Food was just okay Drinks - had a good choice Service was average Decor - average Value - Too pricy for small portions Ambience - Average.

Samantha M

Lovely restaurant!
30 September 2015
Great experience dining at Bread Street Kitchen. Very pricey but the food and atmosphere is excellent. I celebrated my birthday, it was perfect. I will definitely be returning! Thank you Gordon Ramsay!

David T W

The Ramsey name only adds to the cost of the meal
17 August 2015
We booked in advance and informed them one of the party was vegetarian. Upon arrival we were shown to our table and menus presented. After a while the waiter came over and asked if one of the party was vegetarian. We confirmed this information expecting to hear of some special options, since the menu was not particular imaginative if not a fish or meat eater. But no. The question was asked , the answer given and that was the last we heard on that subject. The wine list was quite impressive but it was hard to find a bottle of half decent wine for under £45.00. With decent New World wines available at £10 a bottle from most places these days I'd have hoped to see some £25.00 bottles on offer The menu had a notice about there being a £2.00 per person cover charge for eating in the restaurant? I thought there must be somewhere really nice to eat at a premium, but no. As we found out when the bill arrived it was added along with the 15% gratuity. We asker our server who said "it's policy" and shrugged his shoulders. Most of the party, veggies excluded, were happy with the food. It was well cooked and well presented. However with the many options available at this or even a lower price point , I'd be surprised if it's still open in 6 months in it's current format and pricing strategy

Yolanda B

A good lunch but a little busy
15 June 2015
I went here with a colleague for lunch, on entering the restaurant it is quite overwhelming at how large it is and it was very noisy - it reminder a little of school canteen due to the noise and space! We only wanted a light lunch so I had the stone bass carpaccio to start and my colleague had the spicy tuna tartare, I definitely chose well here as the carpaccio was exceptionally good - light, citrusy and very tasty; I tried the tuna which was nice but nothing special. For the mains we both chose a salad, I had the Chicken Caesar and my colleague had the Duck, my salad was ok - not the best chicken caesar I have ever had and slightly overshadowed by the lovely starter I had. The duck was tasty although again nothing special and took a while to get through all the lettuce in them both! As I had such luck with the starter, for dessert we shared the pineapple carpaccio with coconut sorbet and passionfruit and this was delicious also and a perfect end to the meal. All together the bill came to £200 which we thought was quite expensive then we realised they had charged us for an extra bottle of wine by accident - they were very good though and not only refunded the over charge but also refunded another two glasses of wine we'd had. For the £140 that it did come to I do think there are other better, cheaper options in the city, however I would go here again if someone else wanted to.

Ashley D

Cover charge?
29 May 2015
We had a businesss lunch here. We spent quite a bit of money on food and drinks, paid a service charge but on top of this was charged £8 as a 'cover charge'. I've not experienced that anywhere in The City and found it quite cheeky. The food and service was good- a bit loud but will happily book elsewhere that won't stick on hidden charges.

Delivery or takeaway

Order takeaway from Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen - St Paul's by calling 020 3030 4050.

Other restaurants we like near Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen - St Paul's

Rucoletta

Manicomio City
City of London

Manicomio City

Book Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen - St Paul's for people on at .