Giggling Squid Hove

Location for Giggling Squid Hove

129 Church Road, Hove, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 2AE

Reviews of Giggling Squid Hove

13 November 2014

It's been a while since we were at the Giggling Squid in Hove - first because the last time we were there the lighting upstairs was so low that our middle-aged eyes couldn't read the menu and second because three-quarters of the place was nearly ruined forever by water damage in a storm. Now re-opened, the menu's much the same as before - which is a good thing, because nobody wants too much change. We had corncakes and an excellent satay gai drizzled with mayonnaise (which turned out to be coconut milk - so bullet dodged there). Main course was a fierce vegetarian green curry and a chicken Massaman which had the good sense to hide its onions at the very bottom so they didn't interfere with the rest of the dish. As is often the case, these are served in bowls that appear tiny but are actually almost bottomless - to my mind Thai food always fills you up more than Indian food. I'd prefer to drink my Singha out of the bottle but every time I tried an eagle-eyed waiter nipped in before me and re-filled the glass. That said, the food was delicious, so I'm not complaining.

Other restaurants near Giggling Squid Hove