Gas Monkey Bar & Grill

North American·
London, SW11 1JW ·Website ·Call07873 893299

SquareMeal Review of Gas Monkey Bar & Grill

Eschewing current trends, Bar Social’s new sister gamely goes for a loud look that was last fashionable when The Monkees topped the charts. ‘Retro Route 66 petrol station’ is the pose – and we think this funky junky Monkey is a gas. Several of the drinks also belong in another era: Sex On the Beach, Banana Colada or Chocolate Monkey (Baileys, butterscotch schnapps, Kahlúa, Frangelico, honey and cream in a chocolate-coated glass). Frankly, we prefer the Whisky Sour, or the classic Margaritas, Mojitos and Negronis at refreshingly retro prices. Long happy hours provide time to savour your cocktails, American beers or basic vino on the front terrace or in the quirky cluttered basement (available for private hire). Chow reprises US diner classics: burgers, wings, mac 'n' cheese and veggie platters included. For afters fill up on apple pie or Oreo cheesecake. There’s also plenty to please any little monkeys in tow.

North American

07873 893299

Tues-Sun 12N-11pm

Reviews of Gas Monkey Bar & Grill

28 September 2020

I have recently moved to the area and was on the hunt for some good restaurants. On my walk I came across Gas Monkey, which has a very interesting exterior/interior which you can see from the street. I sat outside with my wife to start with, the friendly waitress said she was able to turn the heater on for me. They have a really big cocktail menu with some drinks that I have not seen before. The chocolate monkey was very good, like an alcoholic milkshake. They do a great mojito for happy hour as well. We moved inside after a few drinks because it started getting a bit cold. We were a bit hungry and spoilt for choice ftrom the menu selection. In the end we opted for the chicken quesadillas and calamari to share, followed by the Monkey Chicken Burger and the Sea Bass. Everything was amazing, fresh food served quickly and with a smile. We even got some MnM's when we got our bill which was a nice touch. I would highly reccomend a visit, whether to eat, drink or both. Thank you to the Gas Monkey team, I'll see you again soon!

Peter

Birthday
27 August 2019

just to say big thanks to all the staff at gas monkey in which they are absolutely fantastic specially the service, you made my birthday so special.

Call Gas Monkey Bar & Grill to make a booking on:

Other restaurants we like near Gas Monkey Bar & Grill

Book Gas Monkey Bar & Grill for people on at .