Galvin at Windows

French

SquareMeal Review of Galvin at Windows

“Nothing quite compares to Galvin at Windows”, declares one reader. With “unsurpassed” 28th-floor views adding something special to proceedings, seasoned chef-patron Chris Galvin heads up one of the slickest operations in the capital – a buzzy, handsome space overseen by Fred Sirieix (of TV’s First Dates fame) and underpinned by service that “never fails to leave you feeling pampered”. The kitchen adds a few Asian touches to the “excellent” Michelin-starred French food. Light mushroom tortellini in a tofu-laden unami broth is a delicate and well-balanced starter, while beef fillet accompanied by a wobbling slab of foie gras, braised short-rib and sticky bordelaise jus is no-holds-barred Gallic cooking at its best. A delightful sommelier globetrots to find the right match – full marks for the sweet, tropical New Zealand Riesling offered with a passion fruit and white chocolate soufflé. “Still our favourite place in London for a great night out”, concludes another fan.

Ayala female chef series Ayala female chef series

Good to know about Galvin at Windows

Pre-theatre offer: 3 courses at £35

From: 2 January, 2019
To: 31 August, 2019
Max: 7
- based on a set menu, 2 choices per course to choose from. Maximum of 7 diners. Includes VAT, excludes service. Valid For: 1 - 7 People

Sunday lunch: 3 courses & a glass of Bellini £55

From: 6 January, 2019
To: 25 August, 2019
Max: 7
From a set Sunday menu based on 3 courses. 2 hours turnaround time. Maximum of 7 dines. Includes a complimentary Bellini per person. Includes VAT, excludes service

Great Galvin Giveaway - 3 course Menu Prestige with a complimentary Bellini £82

From: 27 December, 2018
To: 30 August, 2019
Max: 7
From a Menu Prestige based on 5 choices per course to choose from. 2 hours turnaround time. Maximum of 7 diners. Includes VAT, excludes service .

Saturday Brunch: 3 courses & a glass of Bellini £29

From: 29 January, 2019
To: 31 August, 2019
Max: 7
"Based on 3 courses from a set menu. Up to 7 guests. Price includes VAT, excludes 12.5% service charge. 2 hours turnaround. Includes a complimentary Bellini per person."

Location for Galvin at Windows

London Hilton, 22 Park Lane, London, London, W1K 1BE

Opening Times of Galvin at Windows

Mon-Sun 12N-2.30pm Mon-Sat 6-10pm (Thurs-Sat -10.30pm)

Reviews of Galvin at Windows

Drinks with a view
13 September 2016
This is a great bar to come to for a couple of drinks before dinner. The staff are friendly and unpretentious and make you feel welcome. They are happy to accommodate any wishes and sat us by the window when we asked. When we made a special drinks request and the bar didn't have all the ingredients, they went to the restaurant kitchen to get what was needed which I was most impressed by. The cocktails are delicious and unusual, very well made. It is pricey but that's to be expected for a bar at the top of the Hilton on Park Lane. It's not somewhere for an every week visit but definitely good for a special occasion.

Mr. Matthew E

Another great dinner
06 November 2015
Our third visit to Galvin at Windows and the quality remains. The food is excellent. The venison (which in lesser hands can be rather dry) was positively succulent. Of course the views and atmosphere are unsurpassed. The service was very good. The staff were friendly and not at all stuffy - just a slight inclination to the over-attentive when it comes to refilling the water glasses. Still our favourite place in London for a great night out.

Ms/Mrs. Cardy C

My Birthday Lunch at Galvin at Windows!
24 June 2015
You can find my experience here - http://www.hkpiggyfoodjournal.com/#!My Birthday Lunch at Galvin at Windows!/cmbz/5A3F7A51-C1E2-4190-BB65-1B42DC1F5997

Mr. Fat B

Delicious food, impeccable service and stunning views
25 February 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed a lunch (Menu du Jour) here just before New Year's. Smoked mussel velouté was so deep, complex and luxurious I wanted to swim in it, and the little cubes of chicken thigh were somehow not overpowered by the sea flavours and complemented the dish perfectly. My main of slow-cooked feather blade of beef was intensely flavoured, rich and dark as chocolate, and a great example of how good this under-used cut can be. In fact, I enjoyed it far more than I have many a rare-grilled steak. Chocolate fondant was, for me, the weakest dish of the meal but I'm being picky here, and it was nevertheless very tasty. I just would have expected a bit more of an oozing centre perhaps. The accompanying yoghurt and dill sorbet (ice cream?) was different and interesting but I'm not sure it is something I could get too excited about. Overall, it was a delicious meal and the service was impeccable. The views across London only add to the occasion and provide an extra wow factor. I can't recommend Galvin at Windows highly enough for a special occasion.

Wendy M

Caught on the cusp?
28 October 2014
We were familiar with the hotel and the bar but had not eaten in the restaurant. It is slightly mystifying that the food on offer in restaurants with fabulous views invariably takes a significantly subordinate position. Not entirely true here, but there is still enough scope to elevate the standard. Although not remarkable enough to record too much detail, our dinner was cooked almost as it should have been. The highlights : probably the wine, my man's pear tarte tatin and the madeira jus (delicious with the beef required unfashionably pinky medium plus, whilst fearing a medium minus, was alas, devoid of any pinkness - carved at tableside we accepted when asked if it was as we wanted, but I am sure there would have been little fuss had we said otherwise). We were looked after by a young man who was very keen to please and gain our feedback, so apart from the beef, we were frank at each course and he seemed to appreciate this by saying that in order to improve, they need honesty. So perhaps this place is on the cusp of something great, I'd like to think...... We were seated on the slightly higher tier central to the room, and I faced north west which meant I could clearly see through both west and north facing windows. At this time of year firework displays on the horizon were an added attraction, so a perfect seat for me. It seems views command high prices, but one day it would be nice to have stunning food to match this and, of course, the outlook.

Ms/Mrs. Eva B

01 May 2014
The food was tasty but too little. A little more quantity would ve made it better. We enjoyed the ambiance and the staff was nice and cordial. But everything took forever to come and we would ve appreciated more prompt service.

Mr. Salil M

01 May 2014
Our meal tasted really good. The only thing was that the portion was so small that we had to go somewhere else to eat a little more. Also, it took forever for each course to ever come to the table.

Ms/Mrs. Samantha E

03 April 2014
I had been meaning to visit Galvin at Windows for a long time but London has so many amazing restaurants and then my favourite chef, Mr Atherton, keeps opening new ones, so I never got around to it until now. Years ago, pre Galvin's, I visited the bar so I knew the views would be great and of course, they are. My previous visit was at night but it's really worth going for lunch to see the beauty of the capital in full splendor. A drink in the bar first is a real must. We were sat at a table on the west side with a great view of Hyde Park and Belgravia but were free to stroll around and check out the city view from the other side of the bar. The cocktails were fabulous too, just as you would expect. We had a celebrity sat beside us too which I imagine is not that unusual. We were then shown through to our table which was not beside the window but we still had a good view to the north. There were three menus to choose from, one of which is very reasonably priced. We choose the next one up which was more than twice the price of the set menu but the food was impecable and we were not dissappointed. A table at the window became free just after we had finished our mains so we were offered a chance to move and take our desserts by the window. The restaurant also knew that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and brought up a complimentary chocolate plate with ‘Happy Anniversary’ written on it. Nice touch. But for me, my favourite touch was the amazing marshmallow that came with the bill – apple flavoured and passion fruit flavoured soft little clouds – Heavenly! The bill was pretty hefty so we won't visit often but it was lovely so we may go back at some point. The only teeny negative was overhearing the senior waiting staff almost bullying the less experienced colleagues. They do deliver an impecable standard of service and I understand that additional guidance or training may be needed but diners can hear even the almost whispered criticisms handed out when they are inches from our table. It was uncomfortable. But the food, the service and the views are fantastic and for that special occassion or treat, you will not be dissappointed!

Mr. Alan J

Kir Royale lacked fizz
20 October 2013
Location and service are very good, but service was a bit rushed with waiters removing plates from the table as soon as possible. The only disappointment were flat Kir Royales which did not contain the expected fizz. The new Galvin La Chapelle is far better.

Mr. Michael O

The worst Michelin Starred restaurant ever
08 July 2013
This is my only ever negative review …I usually choose carefully and enjoy. It is also the only restaurant in 40 years that I have ever walked out of before eating. So this is a Menu & ambience review only . We had the Square Meal Set Menu offer ; which sounded excellent value at only £25 for 3 courses. But with no choices at all and 1) Pea Soup 2) Belly of lamb 3) Rhubarb & custard was not to our taste. No matter how skilled the cooking, having a no choice menu of those cheap & poor ingredients is either arrogance or taking the mick. Belly of Lamb is not even sold in UK butchers or supermarkets and is a much cheaper cut of fat & grissle than Belly of Pork. We then asked for the A La Carte menu ; which does not exist ; but there is another set menu at £68 for 3 courses. Again , we thought it was unappetising and dull . Example Mini Cottage Pie (£38 as a main) and Beef Cheek (£5 extra) . I have rarely been so disappointed and it obviously ruined our evening ( anniversary) . I had been to the other Galvin Bros restaurants which I have liked ; and am a great fan (since it first opened) of Galvin Bistro in Baker Street – with superb honest food ..that is of the French tradition …not Cottage Pie. What ever happened to Galvin ay Windows …are they only catering for foreign Hilton residents who want English type dishes.

Other restaurants near Galvin at Windows

You are requesting to book Galvin at Windows for people on at .