Eco

Italian, Pizza

SquareMeal Review of Eco

A fixture of the Clapham scene for more than 20 years, independently run Eco has carved out its own niche – thanks largely to family ownership and “proper homemade pizzas”. The rough-walled interior makes quite an impact, but all eyes are the sourdough specialities themselves – try the thin-crusted version topped with wild boar, ventricina salame, pecorino and truffle oil or smoked aubergine with burrata, baked garlic and pesto. Locals are also won over by the antipasti, salads and pasta (perhaps pappardelle with venison ragù or spaghetti with meatballs), not forgetting “the best risotto over” – according to one fan. Cracking weekend breakfasts include frittatas and eggs baked in the wood oven (as well as a full English), and there are special deals for kids. The food is “divine”, prices are “very reasonable” and plenty of good-value wines are on hand to wash everything down.

Good to know about Eco

Italian, Pizza
Fun
Breakfast

Location for Eco

162 Clapham High Street, London, SW4 7UG

Opening Times of Eco

Mon-Fri 12N-11pm (Fri – 11.30pm) Sat-Sun 9am-11.30pm (Sun – 10.30pm)

Reviews of Eco

Ms/Mrs. Emma C

18 August 2014
I have visited Eco twice and both times first and foremost the customer service was excellent. I last dined here for my 2nd anniversary with my partner and upon arrival the host greeted us in a friendly manner. I told the man that I had a table for two booked for 7 (we were about ten minutes early so were expecting maybe a short wait) and he responded with a personal manner again welcoming me by name which was very pleasant. It was nice that he was prepared and awaiting our arrival and also managed to fulfil our request of having a table in a quiet area. Our waiter then proceeded to introduce herself and take drinks orders. I was very pleased with the speed of which all our orders were taken and we were made to feel very comfortable and that we could ask for anything at anytime. The food looked, smelt and tasted delicious and the portion sizes were very reasonable for the price so all in all good value. The worst thing about trying a new place is not knowing whether the quality of the food is going to match the price and I'm glad to say that Eco is definitely worth it and within my usual budget. On a final note to anyone still not sure about this restaurant, I would definitely and have already recommended it because you get the whole dining experience. The decor is lovely and rustic, the food is mouthwatering and the overall meal out is a most enjoyable and satisfying experience.

Other restaurants near Eco

You are requesting to book Eco for people on at