Call Duck & Waffle to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Duck & Waffle

“Still a favourite after all these years”, this high-rise City hotspot on the 40th floor of Heron Tower scores with its awesome views, “top-notch service”, easy prices and 24/7 opening – no wonder fans are hooked on everything from its breakfast waffles to 3am cocktails.

Mustard-yellow banquettes and waiters in blood-red shirts strike a garish note amid such stylish surrounds, but the kitchen lets its food do the talking: expect a “fantastic” global line-up that’s guaranteed to please (and challenge) the taste buds.

Kick things off with some quirky snacks – perhaps bacon-wrapped dates (a sweet/savoury mash-up) or crispy balls of polenta stuffed with Parmesan and truffle. From the sharing dishes, we love the giant spicy duck doughnut finished off with charred pineapple jam and a dusting of paprika sugar, while the indulgence continues with the eponymous house speciality – a stack of waffles topped with confit duck leg and a fried egg that sends fans “straight to foodie heaven”.

Elsewhere, we also rate the supremely creamy reginette pasta served with flecks of truffle and a runny egg yolk, while medium-sized groups should share the spoils from the giant whole roasted chicken with ratte potatoes and wild mushrooms.

Once you’ve made it to dessert, we’d recommend the dreamy banoffee pie – a chocolate dome melted by a warm salted caramel sauce that’s poured at the table and finished with chunks of banana and hazelnut. If you prefer a liquid course, Duck & Waffle’s chatty, knowledgeable staff are also happy to pick something from the impressive cocktail list, which features sips ranging from the ordinary to the unexpected.

International

110 Bishopsgate, London, London, EC2N 4AY

Mon-Sun 24hrs

Reviews of Duck & Waffle

Jacquelyn W

Duck and waffle are a match made in heaven!
04 February 2018
Who would have thought that duck and waffle would go so well together? The confit duck leg is crispy on the outside, tender and flavourful on the inside. One bite of the duck meat together with the fried egg and waffle (with the syrup drizzled on top) would send you straight to foodie heaven.

Ms/Mrs. Rebecca L

Lovely breakfasts which hold their own next to the stunning views
20 August 2015
Went here for my birthday breakfast and wasn't at all disappointed despite all the hype. The full English breakfast was delicious (superb quality of ingredients) and the coffee very good. My boyfriend had the signature 'Duck and Waffle' and loved it. The views are obviously the highlight but the food holds it's own easily. The surroundings are very tasteful and the service fine. Prices are very reasonable indeed. Will definitely return. Make sure you ask for a table by the window!

Alex P

Brilliant in so many ways!
21 December 2014
We had a great lunch for our wedding anniversary at the Duck and Waffle. I'd been recommended it by someone I should have realised was on an expense account (!) but the amazing tastes, presentation and service of this meal make it still value for money in my book. Will definitely come again, and hopefully get another clear sky day to see the fabulous views over London and surrounds.

Varuni G

Immaculate service and a place with the wow factor
11 December 2014
I'd heard a lot about Duck and Waffle but had avoided going thinking it must be just hype despite friends saying i would love it. However i had my doubts - i mean, the idea of a savoury duck plus a sweet waffle....hmmmmmm..... However, i ate both the duck and my words as this is definitely an amazing dining experience in London. The views are breathtaking, even for a seasoned Londoner like myself. The service is also faultless, staff were pleasant and accommodating and arranged us a window seat to get the full effect. I also had a mild coughing fit and they were right there, waiting to save my life! I couldn't ask for more! Foodwise, it didnt feel that cheap, the signature duck and waffle (which worked really well and was absolutely delicious) was around the £17 mark and that was one of the cheaper dishes. The larger ones like the whole roast chicken were around £30+ and made for sharing. However, a main plus breads were enough for us, so it worked out well in the end. I guess you pay a premium for the amazing views, which i was wowed by, despite being a bit nervous of the height we were at. All in all, i'd thoroughly recommend it, as a one off but it's definitely a fantastic addition to our city. Perfect for a date you want to impress or a special night with friends.

Mr. Elizabeth R

24 June 2014
Yes yes yes, I know all about the London eye… but if you want to gave about the magnificent architecture seen in the City, then Duck and Waffle is perfect! Sporadic service, great food and a fun atmosphere.

Mr. Mike B

07 May 2014
Popped up here for a few cheeky late night cocktails and a few sharing plates. Enough has already been written about the location, the lift ride up, the panoramic views. Besides, I’m a little vertiginous so it wasn’t the most comfortable of experiences but I can’t disagree that it’s a great place to watch the views and the City below you. So a cocktail or two to start – now I do like a friendly bartender and here is no exception. It just makes you feel a bit welcome and puts you at ease when you can at least have a little badinage with the guy and let him guide you through the drinks menu, which he was more than happy to do. We started with a Marmite Black Velvet which went down very well, but a little sweet so just the one was enough before moving through the menu. My “co-eater”, let’s call her Miss C for now, can be a little querulous on cocktail ingredients but all fine there too I think. We then moved through to eat and shared a few plates. Now I tend to prefer a simple menu with good ingredients cooked well and I did think on first blush there was a risk the menu was a little too ‘frilly’, with the likes of pig cheek and foie gras crème brulee. But I take this back, we chose amongst others the spicy ox-cheek doughnut and coal-charred aubergine which were both superb. And Miss C, who incidentally was on rather good form herself, picked the dish of the night with bacon wrapped dates. In short, the drinks, food, atmosphere and location were difficult to fault. But most importantly the real litmus test for me on whether I return is the service, which was friendly, welcoming, attentive and not pretentious in any way which sometimes these venues can be. In all, a very enjoyable experience and, not wanting to come over all Schwarzenegger but…I’ll be back.

Ellen F

Once in a lifetime
18 February 2014
The magical glass Charlie & the Chocolate Factory lift which whizzed us up to Duck & Waffle was probably worth the £67-a-head lunch bill in itself. It is an amazing view up there and the restaurant certainly makes the most of it with huge windows and well thought through layout giving superb near panoramic views. The atmosphere is near perfect with plenty of background hum (well, conversation should never run dry with that view, and there's always the open kitchen to goggle at and gossip about if it does). As for the food itself, Willy Wonka has certainly been working on the menu: waffle with duck and egg?! Well, if Heston can make bacon ice cream, why not? Well, because this isn't actually very tasty. Waffle yes, duck yes, egg yes, but altogether it's a sickly, sticky, weird mess of a combination with too much going on: sweet sauce does not go with runny yolk which does not go with duck which does not go with heavy thick batter in my taste buds' opinions. Billy Bonkers. Other people seem to love it but I'm glad we shared one between 3 of us as a few mouthfuls are enough. Same goes for the spicy ox cheek doughnut. The best were the simple dishes: delicious fresh bread, the melt-in-the-mouth smoked salmon, the salads, and the pollack fishballs (billed as a pollack “meatballs”. why?) which were wacky, but this time, wonderful mouthfuls. The restaurant blurb says it is playful European and British cuisine but I can't help feeling it's aimed at the mythical ‘Chateau Lafite mixed with Coca-Cola’ crowd. We had a few good cocktails and glasses of wine and service was just about attentive enough (the usual minor problems with having multiple servers instead of one dedicated person and usual delay in getting bill and paying which I can never understand). It was a fantastic experience and I could be persuaded back to the uber-cool bar if they'd have me, but the restaurant is never going to take that duck & waffle off the menu so for me it really is a once in a lifetime thing.

Mr. Nigel P

FOOD POISONING
18 January 2014
It was my birthday last weekend, we had a couple of bloody mary's and £28 later my boys and one of their girlfriends arrived to join my wife and I for a brunch. We had a couple of plates and the D&W signature dishes of the Ox Cheeks doughnut and the Duck & Waffle, amongst others. Only my wife had the Foie Gras Brulee, she got food poisoning. I called the restaurant to let them and the chef know what had happened, the lady who took my message said the manager was busy but would call me as a matter of urgency, haven't heard a thing since, not even a thank you for letting them know their was a problem.

Ms/Mrs. Harriet E

Duck & Waffle is fab!
18 December 2013
I love Duck and Waffle…and my fave dish is the duck & waffle. They food tastes so great everytime, I love the mix of savoury and sweet. The atmoshere is a perfect mix of casual, trendy, tourists…just all different types. What I really like is that you get great service and food as though in quite a posh resturant but you can go dressed however if you fancy, converse if you like! The drinks are pricey, this is what ups the bill but if you choose not to drink and just go for food then it's pretty much the same as a lot of London resturants and you have the added bonus of eating Sky high. Plus is 24 hours – the concept of Duck and Waffle is great and really works.

The B

Great location for a special brunch
06 November 2013
Spending the weekend in London with our kids aged 14 & 11 – they love going out for brunch so I booked Duck & Waffle as a surprise for them. Luckily the day dawned with clear blue skies so the views were stunning. I was disappointed but not particularly surprised that we didn't get a window seat in spite of requesting one when booking many weeks in advance – I suppose everyone requests one. However the room isn't huge so you can see well enough wherever you sit, and the atmosphere is very relaxed, no-one minds if you wander around to take the odd photo by the windows. We enjoyed everything we ate – I had the toasted PBJ sandwich, husband had steak & eggs Benedict, hungry teen had full English & little one had banana & Nutella waffles. We also shared a bag of crispy pig ears & the eponymous duck & waffle. Service was a bit slower than it should have been – we went at 11 & whilst busy it wasn't full – but was pleasant enough; the maitre d' who brought the bill was chatty & seemed genuinely pleased that we had enjoyed our visit. Would like to return for dinner to see the city at night!

Other restaurants near Duck & Waffle

You are requesting to book Duck & Waffle for people on at .