Caravan Exmouth Market

Fusion

Call Caravan Exmouth Market to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Caravan Exmouth Market

The whizz-kids behind Caravan Coffee Roasters have come a long way since opening their first gaff on Exmouth Market. Now spread across the capital, each site follows the formula with urban-industrial interiors and a seasonally changing all-day menu bristling with ideas from around the world – including the jamon and smoked san simon croquettes with saffron mayonnaise. A sure-fire winner with vegetarians (try the green quinoa grain bowl with burnt grelots, grilled broccoli, miso verde, sprouts and cashews), this mini-chain also offers delicious pizzas at its larger sites, alongside the small-batch coffees that helped to kick-start London’s latest love affair with caffeine. Caravan set the bar high with its trendy brunch options too (we like the paprika and spring onion waffle with thick cut bacon and maple-date butter). A packed, convivial dining room is pretty much guaranteed, ably buoyed by reasonable prices and inexpensive Old World wines.

Good to know about Caravan Exmouth Market

Fusion
Buzzy
Brunch
Child friendly

Location for Caravan Exmouth Market

11-13 Exmouth Market, London, EC1R 4QD

Opening Times of Caravan Exmouth Market

Mon-Sun 8am-10.30pm (Sat-Sun 10am- Sun -4pm)

Reviews of Caravan Exmouth Market

Go for a drink on full stomach - food consumed at risk of shock and anger
10 December 2018
I felt compelled to write this review - a near first for me - because of just how awful Caravan's food was. My boyfriend and I wanted a restaurant for a Saturday night date night with ambience and charm. From the exterior, Caravan seemed a fit and we felt fortunate to find a table. While the ambience didn't disappoint too much - the music and general 'vibe' were solid - the food was abysmal. The fries were frozen inside. The cauliflower was frozen outside. And the lamb meat balls tasted so strange we would have preferred if they had been frozen. Then they may have numbed the effect of the other two plates. The croquettes were passable, but likely pale in comparison to Waitrose' finest frozen assortment. Drinks - margaritas - went down okay, but unfortunately we couldn't gulp them fast enough to wash down the food - because getting a waiter's attention was as difficult has a taxi in a snow storm. All in all, a real bust, with a nice exterior.

Go for a drink on full stomach - food consumed at risk of shock and anger
10 December 2018

Ms/Mrs. Claudia C

04 November 2012
We live in the neighbourhood and have been to this place a few times. The food is good and the coffee is excellent but the service is always shocking. Waited about 5 minutes at the door last Saturday because the lady in charge of allocating tables was too busy chatting to another waitress. Had to ask for somebody to come and take our order twice and the same for the bill. Sadly, it is always the same in this place. We just keep coming back because we love the food but frankly, Morito or Elk in the Woods are looking better and better in comparison.

Ms/Mrs. Angelina G

29 August 2011
This place rocks. Great food and service at good prices.

Mr. martin H

07 August 2011
Saw the ques expected so much I thought I'm going to have a great brunch! I was so wrong the bubble ‘n’ squeak tasted sour as if it was made with kimchi, scrambled eggs were bad and the bacon tasted of nothing. Worst of all the flat white tasted of tepid milk. Wasd at St.Ali the other week it was oh so much better

Ms/Mrs. Laura G

30 March 2011
Overall it's not been a good experience. Minuscule portions at extrordinary prices. We live very near and have been there about 5 times. Food is tasty although really greasy. We're not coming back after having paid 7 pounds for a single toast of coconut bread. We checked the bill and complaint. The waittress' answer was that he could read my mind and ordered the whole coconut bread breakfast instead of a single slice of bread, which was exactly what we ordered. Very rude people and very bad service. The owner, who is the chef, came up to talk to us just to offer a bargain, 5 pounds for a single coconut bread slice. It was the waiter's fault but we paid for his lack of professionalism. We were a regular costumer but they preferred to charge for the bread rather than kept a good costumer. Very small space packed with lots of tables. You can smell your neighbourd's table food and hear their conversation even if you're not paying attention. They have a very random table distribution based on your style. The Elks in the Wood (Camden passage) and Moro (Exmoth market) offer better food, really good quality and extrodinary service.

Rachel H

22 November 2010
Visited on a Sunday lunchtime as sadly Morito was closed (note to self, must start checking Sunday opening hours!). Disappointed that Caravan only offer a brunch menu during the day at weekends, which was distinctly underwhelming. A miniscule portion of poached eggs, bubble & squeak & baked ham arrived on a stone cold plate, with congealed hollandaise and cold eggs. No excuse for that, especially at these prices. Baked eggs with ragout & chorizo was delicious (and hot!) but too soupy – should have been served with bread and a spoon. They also need a new Prosecco supplier as the current brand is lifeless – sent our first glasses back but even a new bottle failed to yield much more fizz. Brilliant punchy Bloody Mary's though, and charming, attentiive service. Left with the feeling that if the laidback kitchen put as much effort into the food as the place does into being ‘cool’, it could be so much better.

Mr. Simon T

10 September 2010
Birlliant – love this place and go there repeatedly.

Ms/Mrs. Dionne C

03 June 2010
I was taken to Caravan as a guest of a client a few weeks ago (a party of four) and returned again on my own with my partner because I wanted him to see what I was raving about. Fantastic service, really brilliant. Nice to be served by people who know what they are talking about and seem to enjoy working there. The food is outstanding. Always nervous the small plates are never going to fill us up but this was not the case. at my client lunch we selected a bit of everything under the instruction of my host and it was delicious. The wine menu is also well selected and well priced. On the weekend I visited with my partner and we had a fabulous brunch outside in the sun. Superb coffee, and delicious “Caravan fry up” for my partner. I had food envy until I tried mine – the cornbread french toast. Finished with more coffees – when they are this good it is a shame not to. I will be returning.. next time for dinner and more drinks. I want to try the large plates!

Ms/Mrs. Clare G

24 May 2010
I've been to Caravan four times (lunch and brunch twice), which I feel warrants an unbiased review. This place is good. Really good. The Kiwis here have mastered the balance of great food and drink, exceptional service and good atmosphere without being too potentious or stuffy. The brunch menu is great, interesting balance of your regular favourites plus a few interesting options. The poached eggs with Chorizo and yoghurt are not to be missed as is the cornbread French toast. If you're going for brunch – try something you wouldn't normally eat. You will be pleasantly surprised. And of course make sure you have a coffee – it is seriously good. All day menu – I love the small plates it is a perfect way to dine with a casual group for lunch or dinner and easy to share. And the charming Kiwi Maître D knows his food and wine so he will help you with all your choices. Definitely my favourites are the cornbread, oxtail and polenta, soft shell crab, salt beef fritters, asparagus and pork buns (yum!). Again it's that balance thing again… All the staff are super friendly, without being too cheesy or overfamiliar. They are knowledgeable of the menu and professional. It suits the atmosphere. The outside communal seating is brilliant too! The wine list is comprehensive and dangerous (for all the good reasons!) Only downer? My travel to get there…I wish I lived closer. Oh and I never seem to hear any music (probably because I am enjoying myself too much to notice…) This is a refreshing welcome to London. Nick Jones take note.

Other restaurants near Caravan Exmouth Market

You are requesting to book Caravan Exmouth Market for people on at .