International, Vegan

Call By Chloe Covent Garden to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of By Chloe Covent Garden

The first London site for this US chain of hip vegan cafés has been designed with millennials in mind. A pink neon sign reads ‘guac save the Queen’, there’s floral wallpaper in the loos and you can even purchase By Chloe merch (hats sell for £10). For all its bells and whistles though, this is essentially a meat-free fast-food joint. Despite slightly chaotic counter service, By Chloe succeeds with a menu of casual vegan cuisine: mac ’n’ cheese comes topped with chewy shitake ‘bacon’ and a sweet potato and cashew sauce to make it silky, while a juicy meatball sub swaps out mince for mushroom balls slathered in marinara and basil pesto. The in-house range of juices and smoothies match well with the likes of a taco salad mixing lightly-spicy seitan chorizo with crunchy broken taco shells. Despite being geared towards the lunchtime trade, the restaurant was bustling on our evening visit, and with a Tower Bridge sequel already confirmed, we’re likely to see a lot more of this Chloe around town.

International, Vegan

By Chloe Covent Garden is featured in

London's best vegetarian-only restaurants

Location for By Chloe Covent Garden

Drury House, 34-43 Russell Street, London, WC2B 5HA

Mon-Sun 10am-10pm (Thurs-Sat -11pm)

Reviews of By Chloe Covent Garden

ROSIE

So so bad - let down of the century
25 June 2019

We booked for afternoon tea over a month in advance but had to wait over 1h30mins to be served. When we finally got served part of the afternoon tea was missing and we had to keep getting up to find the waiter to ask for a single cup of tea each. A truly awful experience - and a massive waste of money. The restaurant wasn’t even a quarter full so I don’t know how this can be explained?

Tea was supposed to be bottomless but getting hold of the dawdling waitor was too hard to ask for another. And we never received the full order despite paying £80 in total for four people. I would have liked to argue the bill but I books through ‘Book a table’ so they had my card details.

I also thought it was weird that afternoon tea was served on a wonky/broken cake stand and that we had to use plastic cutlery, paper plates and the tea was served in take away coffee cups?! Weird.

There are much nicer places available for a similar price - this place was so awful I wouldn’t recommend at all.

I’ve tried contacting the restaurant by email, phone and social media a number of times to see if they would like to know about the terrible experience we had but it seems they don’t care / don’t want to reply to me.

They should sort out their current restaurants before opening more crappy ones like this.

Don’t believe the false advertising on their social media - this place should be shut down soon.

Other restaurants near By Chloe Covent Garden

You are requesting to book By Chloe Covent Garden for people on at .