Bronte
Bronte

Call Bronte to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Bronte

Overlooking Trafalgar Square, Bronte is the latest from Adam Davies (owner of Circus) and is named after the square’s famous resident, Lord Nelson aka the Duke of Bronte. Designer Tom Dixon has transformed the former Strand Dining Rooms, creating a bright space with a deliciously buzzy atmosphere and a smart terrace bar serving great cocktails. On-trend ingredients (kale, avocado) and Asian flavours pepper the all-day menu: prawn ceviche lacked a Peruvian zing, but had a pleasantly creamy Thai coconut dressing; fragrant rare-beef salad was a twist on classic som tum. Tourist favourites also feature, yet with a new accent: fish & chips arrive with mushy edamame, the Bronte burger with chilli miso relish. We recommend the juicy prawn and chorizo Scotch egg, with vibrant Aleppo chilli sambal. Brunch includes homemade juices, proper coffee and fresh pastries – we’re certainly up for breakfast meetings over soft-boiled eggs with Marmite and Cheddar soldiers.

Unique
Breakfast, Brunch
Great views, Outside seating
Group dining [8+]

Location for Bronte

Grand Buildings, 1-3 Strand, London, WC2N 5EJ

Mon-Sat: 11am-12M (Sat 10am- )

Reviews of Bronte

Excellent food and great atmosphere
10 November 2017
Would highly recommend Bronte. Food is amazing,staff friendly and decor great.

Ms/Mrs. Jill C

Surprisingly good
12 October 2017
I was greeted at the door by an exceptionally friendly member of staff who showed me to the table in the restaurant at the back. The bar looked inviting, and if I hadn't been having a pre-theatre dinner, I would have loved to stayed for an aperitif or a post prandial drink. The wine list was short, and quite expensive, but the Spanish Rueda that I ordered was quite delicious. The menu was eclectic and inviting and we had a number of small dishes to share. The dim sum were particularly good. The service was friendly and unintrusive. All in all, a great place for dinner, just a drink, or a snack very near Charing Cross Station. Recommended.

Ms/Mrs. Leanna K

very pleasant meal
15 May 2017
my in-laws were staying close by at the Amba Hotel, I chose Bronte as the reviews looked good and it was a short walk. The reviews didn't disappoint, the staff were very friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The food and drinks were very good, I had squid with chorizo, followed by seabass which was excellent, the asparagus and brown egg was enjoyed by my in-laws, my daughter had BBQ chicken which she ate without making a fuss (always a good sign). Outside was a trendy bar area, great location just outside covent garden, I noticed they do a reasonable pre-theatre menu. Great for all ages.

Ms/Mrs. Sarah B

Good for business lunches in the area
23 March 2017
Would return - Pleased with food, service and price.

Excellent
03 January 2017
Went to Bronte on Bank Holiday Monday (2nd Jan 2017) we were greeted with a friendly staff lots of smiles. We were about 30 minutes early our table was ready. Staff were friendly and explained the menu and recommended drinks and food and also told us the specials. There was a nice buzzing atmosphere and even though it was busy staff remained attentive. Food was amazing we shared the squid it was 'YUMMY' and we had the sea bass and chicken for main and it was all really lovely and ended with the Pineapple which was nice and refreshing. Definitely will be returning. Great place for meeting friends, dates and general dinner.

Other restaurants near Bronte

You are requesting to book Bronte for people on at .