Bright

Call Bright to make a booking on:

About Bright

This wine bar and restaurant comes from the team behind the ever popular P.Franco and finds its home in London Fields, on the former site of Ellory. A charcoal grill forms the foundation of the kitchen, but the menu changes daily, according to what produce comes in from suppliers. Naturally, the wine list is impressive, with a rotating list of wines by the glass and a house wine that is actually made by the restaurant’s owners. The bar has space for around 20 walk-ins, but organised diners can book the tables at the back, which overlook the open kitchen.

Italian, Wine Bars
Lively
Dates

Location for Bright

1 Westgate Street, London, E8 3RL

Wed-Sun 6pm-12M (Sat-Sun 12N-)

Reviews of Bright

Mr. Lloyd S

Amazing Lunch
21 October 2018
This is another fantastic addition to to hip East London restaurant seen. Set in the London Fields area on the corner of Mare Street and Westgate Street you'll find this hip and trendy location. Then situated in Netil House is where you will find Bright a delightful little wine bar & restaurant. It's set out with the wine bar at the front then to the rear is a 28 seated dining area with an open kitchen in the corner. We arrived early to have a drink first before being seated. But we was told that our table was ready and they don't turn tables so we could spend as much time here as we'd like we decided to sit down straight away. We were sat right next to the open kitchen which personally I really like as I think it's great to see Chefs in action. It was a small kitchen with half a dozen chefs very busy creating the fabulous dishes. Once we'd settled we were then shown the menu which is on one sheet of paper due to the menu changing regularly. We was given great advice on how many dishes to order as they are all sharing plates. Her advice was to order as you go along and for once that's exactly what we did. Once we'd made our choices we were then shown the wine list which I can tell you now is extensive. But when you know the restaurant is from the team behind P.Franco & Noble you understand why. Thankfully they had a nice selection of wines by the glass on the drinks menu. Now let's move onto the food itself after enjoying some amazing bread it was on to our first dish from the Snacks section. This was a beautiful Grilled Mackerel , yoghurt & capers followed by a heavenly Pizza Fritta more like a pizza doughnut We then enjoyed some fantastic Grilled Scarlet Prawns from the Shellfish section and although I'm not one to fiddle about with the shells these were totally worth it. Next it was time for a pasta dish to which we had an amazing Meze Maniche & Partridge Ragu simply fabulous. It was at this point we was asked if we'd like to order anything else or go straight to dessert but as we were enjoying the food so much we decided to order the Pork Chop , soured cucumber & mustard along with a vegetable dish of celery , pear , almonds & stilton and wow this was the best pork chop ever so juicy and tender and along with the accompaniments made this the highlight of the day. Now it was time for personally my favourite part of any meal desserts and I wasn't let down here either. They had a choice of three which made it easy as I simply said we will have them all please. We started with Figs , Honey & Milk Ice Cream and if that wasn't delicious enough it was followed by Salted Caramel , Yoghurt & Lemon which I enjoyed with a fantastic sweet wine from Austria which was a rose colour and served chilled. Our last dessert we decided to have with our coffee as it was Chocolate Chard , Sea Salt & Caraway. So there you have it a truly amazing lunch had come to an end where we enjoyed excellent food great wine and the service was so friendly which matched the overall vibe of not only the restaurant but of this area itself. I for one will not be leaving it long before I return. This is definitely a place I would highly recommend so put it on your list now.

Other restaurants near Bright

You are requesting to book Bright for people on at .