Bars, International

SquareMeal Review of Bread Street Kitchen

Thrusting illuminated pillars, bold design details and a ready-all-day mentality make Bread Street Kitchen the lively antithesis of Gordon Ramsay’s more vanilla outlets. Reports on the ambience may run the gamut from “great” to “average”, but when Bread Street Kitchen is rocking, it’s really on song. Food ticks off global trends without alienating anyone: think potted salt-beef brisket with mustard, piccalilli and buckwheat crackers followed by superfood salads, Josper-grilled rare-breed meats or pork and fennel sausages with braised borlotti beans, ‘nduja and salsa verde. Bar food is based on flatbreads, with breakfast, brunch and Sunday’s ‘lazy loaf’ menu ramping up BSK’s reputation outside traditional City hours. Business clients come away “really satisfied”, thanks to impressively high standards across the board (including a wine selection housed on the mezzanine), but this place is also a winner for those with young ones in tow (kids eat free all day, every day).

Bars, International

Special offers from Bread Street Kitchen

Beef Wellington Experience £65 per person

From: 24 July, 2019
Max: 12
Enjoy a 3 course beef wellington experience,including a sharing dessert platter and beef wellington, as well as a welcome cocktail. Additional wine pairings are available.
Availability: Daily 12:00PM-2:30PM 5:00PM-10:00PM

Sunday Roast from £17

From: 24 July, 2019
Max: 12
Enjoy 35 day Dry-aged sirloin of rare breed beef for £25, Chicken or Pork belly for £23 with all the trimmings and seasonal sides from a set menu. Or why not try a vegan nut roast for £17.
Availability: Sun 12:00PM-10:00PM

Weekend Prosecco Brunch £40

From: 5 January, 2018
Max: 12
Enjoy brunch in the heart of the city with free flowing Prosecco. Simply choose one main course or egg dish along with a dessert from the brunch menu.
Availability: Sun 10:00AM-2:00PM,Sat 10:00AM-2:00PM

Location for Bread Street Kitchen

10 Bread Street, Blackfriars, London, EC4M 9AJ

Mon-Fri 7.30am-12am Sat-Sun 11-12am (Sun -10pm)

Reviews of Bread Street Kitchen

Ms/Mrs. Lisa S

06 June 2019   - Verified Diner

A rather noisy restaurant

Steph O

Great night out
22 December 2016
Met a good friend for dinner after a busy day at work - cocktails were lovely, food delicious, staff great - attentive but not pushy. Had a lovely evening, highly recommended!

Samantha M

Lovely restaurant!
30 September 2015
Great experience dining at Bread Street Kitchen. Very pricey but the food and atmosphere is excellent. I celebrated my birthday, it was perfect. I will definitely be returning! Thank you Gordon Ramsay!

Mr. David T W

The Ramsey name only adds to the cost of the meal
17 August 2015
We booked in advance and informed them one of the party was vegetarian. Upon arrival we were shown to our table and menus presented. After a while the waiter came over and asked if one of the party was vegetarian. We confirmed this information expecting to hear of some special options, since the menu was not particular imaginative if not a fish or meat eater. But no. The question was asked , the answer given and that was the last we heard on that subject. The wine list was quite impressive but it was hard to find a bottle of half decent wine for under £45.00. With decent New World wines available at £10 a bottle from most places these days I'd have hoped to see some £25.00 bottles on offer The menu had a notice about there being a £2.00 per person cover charge for eating in the restaurant? I thought there must be somewhere really nice to eat at a premium, but no. As we found out when the bill arrived it was added along with the 15% gratuity. We asker our server who said "it's policy" and shrugged his shoulders. Most of the party, veggies excluded, were happy with the food. It was well cooked and well presented. However with the many options available at this or even a lower price point , I'd be surprised if it's still open in 6 months in it's current format and pricing strategy

Ms/Mrs. Yolanda B

A good lunch but a little busy
15 June 2015
I went here with a colleague for lunch, on entering the restaurant it is quite overwhelming at how large it is and it was very noisy - it reminder a little of school canteen due to the noise and space! We only wanted a light lunch so I had the stone bass carpaccio to start and my colleague had the spicy tuna tartare, I definitely chose well here as the carpaccio was exceptionally good - light, citrusy and very tasty; I tried the tuna which was nice but nothing special. For the mains we both chose a salad, I had the Chicken Caesar and my colleague had the Duck, my salad was ok - not the best chicken caesar I have ever had and slightly overshadowed by the lovely starter I had. The duck was tasty although again nothing special and took a while to get through all the lettuce in them both! As I had such luck with the starter, for dessert we shared the pineapple carpaccio with coconut sorbet and passionfruit and this was delicious also and a perfect end to the meal. All together the bill came to £200 which we thought was quite expensive then we realised they had charged us for an extra bottle of wine by accident - they were very good though and not only refunded the over charge but also refunded another two glasses of wine we'd had. For the £140 that it did come to I do think there are other better, cheaper options in the city, however I would go here again if someone else wanted to.

Ashley D

Cover charge?
29 May 2015
We had a businesss lunch here. We spent quite a bit of money on food and drinks, paid a service charge but on top of this was charged £8 as a 'cover charge'. I've not experienced that anywhere in The City and found it quite cheeky. The food and service was good- a bit loud but will happily book elsewhere that won't stick on hidden charges.

Matthew B

A Happy Discovery
28 March 2015
Visited Bread St Kitchen on Friday night as staying close by in St Paul's. I wasn't sure if on a Fri night it would be busy or quiet given the large amount of office workers in the area, but thankfully it was busy with a good (reasonably loud) upbeat soundtrack in the background. Service was attentive without being over the top. However, the food was the surprise, as the venue was so big I was expecting mediocre half portions, but was very happy with both a generous roasted cod and grilled pork chop mains. Mac and cheese was moorish too. Only complaint was that the side salad was very pathetic for about £4 and so easy to get right. Wine very but all pricey and desert hit high marks too. Would certainly go again.

Ms/Mrs. Pam M

Always nice but slow service
12 March 2015
Ofen book here for business lunches, good food and perfect location. Only downfall is for a lunchtime service, its pretty slow.

Ms/Mrs. Sarah G

Will not be returning in a hurry! Very disappointing!
20 January 2015
First of all chairs are like old school chairs that are chipped - my chair kept catching my dress and tights so changed it for another one that was just as bad. Service was too slow. Starter was ok but main course was greasey and tasteless. 6 people all with starters and a main course + a couple of dessertts, two bottles of wine, some water and a couple of coffees and the bill was nearly £400 - ouch!

Ms/Mrs. Nicola T

Disappointing Lunch at Bread Street Kitchen
03 December 2014
Seemed to be short staffed, every time you caught the eye of a waiter/waitress they mouthed someone will be right over, and no one ever came. They tried to push side dishes when there was no need as our main courses were ample. The food was, as a whole disappointing, extremely over salted scallops and not very pleasant carpaccio - brown flesh left on sea bass and presented in large thick pieces which were very unappetising both visually and once tasted. Thoroughly disappointed, style over substance and I wouldn't be in hurry to visit anytime soon.

Other restaurants near Bread Street Kitchen

You are requesting to book Bread Street Kitchen for people on at .