Spanish, Tapas

SquareMeal Review of Bravas Tapas

It may be softened by candelabra and fresh flowers, but the robust, artfully faded brick-and-iron marina setting is unlikely to put anyone in mind of Spanish sunshine, almonds and piquillo peppers. Nevertheless, Bravas Tapas lives up to its name, even though it beats to a vaguely avant-garde drum. Artisan snacks are what you’d expect (pickles, anchovies, Ibérico ham), but the interest builds as the kitchen rolls out its specialities – perhaps foie gras ‘crema catalana’ with cherries and Bellota ham, Malaguena salad with pineapple, fennel and sherry or blue cheese croquetas with pickled carrot salpicón. BT’s seafood speaks of wider, cleaner waters than the Thames, but dishes such as grilled octopus with toasted garlic and olive oil feel just right. Whipped-to-order alioli has been a signature since day one, as have the tongs with which you’re expected to pick everything up – not recommended with the caramelised brioche pudding and passion fruit sorbet.

Spanish, Tapas

Reviews of Bravas Tapas

DINUSHA I

Bad service
18 August 2019

I called on a Sunday to book a table for 5 at 2pm. I was told I can come at anytime and there would be seating as they don't take reservation at this time (2pm) and its usually quiet. I walk into a empty restaurant with my parents. I was given an table at the corner and we asked to sit next to the window considering it was empty. The manager (BALD gentlemen) said, I am afraid we cannot give you these seats as it was reserved. I was surprise considering the restaurant was empty, they told me they don't take reservation at that time and there was no reservation label on the table.

We left at 7pm after spending over £300 pounds. During that time NO ONE set on any of the window seats. We clearly didn't look the part to sit there or for whatever reason the manager didn't want us to sit there.

This a disgrace!! The BALD manager was not apologetic in any sense.

Ms/Mrs. Lynn W

Interesting tapas
17 March 2016
A bit of time available before a meeting, loitering in St Katherine's dock I thought I'd try this place. The blue cheese croquettas were prettily presented and suitably crunchy, 3 bread-crumbed balls served perched on a slate on little dabs of mayo. The crispy piquillo prawns were the stars for me, fat prawns folded in spicy red pepper, then wrapped in kataifi type pastry and served with wasabi mayo - crispy and juicy and spicy - so good to eat. The slow cooked beef short rib was fine, served with a sweet-sharp salad of shallots and thinly battered onion rings. The beef wasn't very hot and the onion rings a bit soggy and oily, but perhaps I'd had a few too many flavours by then to enjoy it fully. It was a good lunch and I'd be very happy to go back there, but I did find the chefs offset sushi plating tweezers - the only cutlery provided - a bit difficult to manage and kept dropping stuff. Really, I'd prefer a fork - perhaps I'll ask for one next time I'm there.

23 March 2014
They have a great variety of Tapas and a great selection of gin!! great atmoshphere and i am going again tomorrow. Yum dont pass the door without going in.

Other restaurants near Bravas Tapas

You are requesting to book Bravas Tapas for people on at .