Bluebird

International

SquareMeal Review of Bluebird

With a plum Chelsea location and plenty of space on the street-level terrace and first-floor restaurant, Bluebird keeps it simple to woo the King’s Road set with a please-all menu of globe-spanning flavours, lighter bites at the adjacent Bluebird Café and a large horseshoe bar. Following a refurbishment in autumn 2016, the sprawling dining room is a mishmash of styles – patterned fabrics and blue and brown leather ­­– beneath rusty-red girders and a large skylight. Diners share a collection of smaller options, or go for a traditional three-course meal. Our salad of crispy duck was piled with chewy nuggets of flesh and drizzled with a well-matched maple dressing, but a hefty Galician steak for two was too chewy and fatty for the price. Overall prices are reasonable and pescatarians are particularly well catered for. The staff are on-point and swift, while only the pickiest oenophile will struggle to find a wine on the lengthy list.

Good to know about Bluebird

Christmas Parties

Location for Bluebird

350 King's Road, London, SW3 5UU

Opening Times of Bluebird

Mon-Fri 12N-2.30pm 6-10.30pm Sat-Sun 12N-3.30pm 6p-10.30pm (Sun -9.30pm)

Reviews of Bluebird

Great venue but disappointing food and drink
22 December 2017
The venue and atmosphere is great - that cannot be argued. However i had a warm cocktail (it was meant to be cold) very average chicken and chips and a far too sweet dessert, I can say that the food certainly does not live up to the venue. The only saving grace was the squid which was lovely. All in all over priced and substandard.

Ms/Mrs. Natalia P

11 May 2014
It is hard to believe this is converted garage. Lines are clean and there is a warm feeling about the place. There is plenty of space around the tables, so unlike in many other restaurants these days you can actually have a private conversation. Waiters were pleasant and there when you needed them. Portions are good too. If you like grilled meat this is definitely a place for you – they really do amazing grilled steaks. Wine list is extensive too. All in all it was a very pleasant lunch and i will be coming back again

Mr. Anthony D

Very good value lunch menu and excellent waiter service
02 November 2013
I ate here on a weekday with a friend. The restaurant is modern and smart looking. Initially the welcome was poor – the receptionist was on a long phone call and she and the other staff ignored us, and we saw the same happening to others later. However it all improved at the table – the waiter, a young guy from Martinique was friendly and highly professional, taking our order efficiently and making sure we were comfortable between courses. The lunch menu is excellent value considering the locatoin and the quality of the food. A potted salmon was served with little crispy biscuits and a cucumber salad; the ‘chicken burger’ was spicy and at our request they produced a mango chutney to go with it which was delicious. We did not have a desert but the coffee was quick and excellent. Bread home made and excellent. Wine not cheap but a choice of about eight whites by the glass, the same of reds. Altogether a good experience.

Ms/Mrs. Anna M

Could do better
07 May 2013
The crab linguine and burger were good but the chips were very average. We didn't have dessert because they wouldn't do one off the set menu – even after a waiter spilled a drink all over me.

Ms/Mrs. Amanda P

Bluebird Cafe
03 April 2013
Consistent standard in an area that lacks decent modern cooking with quality ingredients. On this occasion slightly marred by under par service. That won't put me off as I rely on Bluebird as my default when meeting clients in this area.

Mr. Edward S

30 December 2011
A lovely venue on Kings Road in Chelsea, Bluebird is rightly an institution in this area. My last visit before now was six months ago and in truth I was wholly disappointed with the previous experience. Food was very average, with lukewarm soup and stale bread in a club sandwich. This time around however the food has improved markedly, seemingly much fresher in ingredients and cooked with more care and attention. I wish the same could be said for the service however – atrociously awful is being kind. The waiting staff were totally disinterested in serving my table, to the point where after twenty minutes I walked over to the service stand to order some drinks and discovered two waiters busy playing on their Blackberries. Even after my pointed remarks to them, service was apathetic with plates of food thunked down on the table without an ounce of finesse. It is such a shame that our experience was sullied by these members of staff. Had it not been for them, I would have given Bluebird an overall score of 7. There are in truth better British/European restaurants in the local area (Medlar and The Penny Black being two notables), which whilst not having the same location cachet, offer more substantial food with vastly superior service.

Mr. Gus H

16 September 2011
i've been to Bluebird several times and one thing is always certain – a good time. When it's quiet and you just want a relaxed meal or one of the bars amazing cocktails- it's the perfect solution. Or a busy Saturday night there is nowhere more socialable in Chelsea. The bar really works it's magic when there's a good buzz in the air, and the cocktails really are second to none. Food in the restaurant is honest food done well, and on a sunny afternoon in the outside area – sitting back with a nice bottle of champagne and imagine you're on holiday.

Ms/Mrs. Tiara W

03 March 2011
Bluebird is really an establishment. A great destination because of the beautiful interior and the people to match it. Good mix of 20s/30s people, all dressed up. It feels glamourous, fun and upbeat, the perfect start to a night out. Service is great, drinks are perfect. I particularly like lunch outside during Wimbledon season- something about it can't be matched! A complete destination & falls under my “Best in Chelsea” category.

Ms/Mrs. Rachel M

23 January 2011
I've eaten at Bluebird a number of times and am never disappointed. The food and wine are always sumptious and it's usually a buzzy atmosphere. From the choice of bread in the bread basket to the extensive wine list, there is plenty of choice so I never leave wishing there was more to choose from. Recommended. You can find offers on lastminute.com for fixed price menus which are great and still lots of choice.

Ms/Mrs. Charlotte L

06 November 2010
We were happy when we first walked in. The decor – lights, plates on wall. We ordered 2 dishes to share between us. But the food took forever to come, arrived cold, cold chips blurgh, bland burger, the bun of my egges benedict was cold. not cutlery on our table when the food was brought so we had to wait while they were brought. Hmmm. We were genuinely disappointed. We will never go back, what a shame as the venue is super beautiful.

Other restaurants near Bluebird

You are requesting to book Bluebird for people on at