Barbecoa St Paul's

International, Steak

SquareMeal Review of Barbecoa St Paul's

Now that those early design flaws have been ironed out, Jamie Oliver's cathedral to fire and food can strut its stuff as a perfectly practical – if noisy – canteen with central banquettes offering glorious views of St Paul's: everybody wants one, but there's no harm in asking the energetic, enthusiastic staff. The kitchen is a geek's toolbox of Texas pit smokers, tandoors, fire pits, robata grills and wood-fired ovens, and its smoky aromas ensure that Barbecoa smells as appetising as any eatery in the City. The whiff of testosterone is unmistakable too, from the Desperate Dan ribs, T-bones and beef chops to the wine list's expense-account machismo, while sensitive souls can graze on beer-can chicken or wood-roast halibut. Off nights and disappointments are not unknown, but the scales still tip in Barbecoa's favour – especially as there's a "real buzz about the place".

Good to know about Barbecoa St Paul's

Sunday Lunch: 2/3 courses £27/£32 & free-flowing prosecco £22

From: 22 January, 2019
To: 30 April, 2019
Max: 12
From a set menu. Add free flowing prosecco for £22.
Availability: Sun 12:00PM-5:00PM

Location for Barbecoa St Paul's

20 New Change Passage, London, EC4M 9AG

Opening Times of Barbecoa St Paul's

Mon-Sat 11.30am-11pm Sun 12N-10pm

Reviews of Barbecoa St Paul's

Mr. Paul H

Great location spoiled by poor service
05 January 2018
The restaurant is in a great location with spectacular views over St Paul’s Cathedral. The food was good but even though the restaurant wasn’t busy the service was apalling - the vegetables arrived cold and had to be sent back, the wine arrived after the food by a considerable margin - so it was a choice of eatin* while the food was hot or sending it back to wait for the (expensive) wine. I won’t be going back there.

Yummy!
10 April 2017
Love the food. Love the service. Love the restaurant.

Great food and cocktails
30 August 2016
Great food and cocktails

Ms/Mrs. Charlotte H

Lovely restaurant with amazing views of St Paul's
22 March 2016
I love it here, the food is always amazing and has beautiful views overlooking St Paul's. Very good wine list.

Mr. Mark G

Cold food
22 January 2016
The staff were great, attentive and helpful so it was such a shame to get lukewarm steak and rib. It was sent back and when a new one arrived it was lovely. The manager was great and we got the refund but it spoilt the evening and I cannot take the risk of taking a client again to this restaurant.

Ms/Mrs. Lucy E

Salty food and awful service
16 December 2015
Normally I wouldn't bother writing a review of a restaurant, but I feel that I have to warn others about what might be in store for them. This was my third visit to Barbecoa and it was shocking to see how far it's gone down hill. First of all we arrived about 10 minutes early as we wanted to have a drink in the bar, the receptionist (who didn't even bother to look up from her computer) told us that there was no space for us in the bar and that we would have to go somewhere else to have a drink and then return in 15-20 minutes. No reason was given and no apology was offered. Luckily the lovely staff at Bread St Kitchen were very welcoming and we had a couple of drinks there. On our return to the restaurant I heard the hostess telling another group of people that they could go through to the bar for drinks, so maybe it was just that she didn't like us! When we got to our table we didn't have any chairs, so had to stand around waiting for some. We ordered a selection of nibbles and one starter to share and these were delicious a definite highlight of the meal. We had four different dishes and while we were still finishing a couple of these a waitress came over to our table and told us that they needed to clear the plates away now as our mains were ready (there was another waitress next to her with them in her hand). So before we had even finished our starters, our mains were on the table! I opted for the Beef Pit, which said that it came with a 'Beef dripping crumble' this was my main reason for choosing the dish as I was intrigued to see what it would be like, a more apt description would be 'Salty crumbs.' My friend had the steak, which she found was extremely salty and the outside of beef was also unpleasantly so. Such a shame that somewhere I've previously enjoyed going to, has gone so far downhill. And those beautiful views are wasted on such an underwhelming restaurant.

Attentive staff
01 December 2015
I found the staff to be very attentive without being too over the top. Food was good although found the portion size on the small side.

Ms/Mrs. Philippa C

Rugby World Cup Lunch
08 October 2015
Entertaining clients for lunch pre a Rugby World Cup game at the Olympic Stadium Barbecoa was the perfect venue. Great food, great service, nice atmosphere and of course plenty to drink. A great way to start before kick off at the stadium. Can't say anymore than that - no complaints, and everyone had a great time and enjoyed your hospitality. Thank you for helping keep our clients happy.

Ms/Mrs. Rita G

Good food but Expensive
27 July 2015
Overall a lovely place to eat but expensive, £200 lunch for 2. Also we had need to amend the booking and when we called the resturant they didnt have a record of the booking. They managed to accomodate us and i raised the issue with Square meals who said its a known bug in the system which should be fixed shorlty. Therefore i suggest ytiu call teh resturant in advance to ensure they have your booking.

Ms/Mrs. Kate B

Not bad
16 April 2015
I've visited this restaurant a few times but this was probably one of its best. The drinks order was taken promptly and we were given our menus. Our starter arrived and it had been heavily over-salted, but was swiftly taken away and a replacement brought in it's place. Other than that the food was good, the quality was pretty excellent and the staff made it an inviting place to eat. I would definitely visit again.

Other restaurants near Barbecoa St Paul's