Aqua Shard

British

About Aqua Shard

Swankily appointed Aqua Shard has one astonishing USP – 31 floors up on the Shard, with floor-to-ceiling windows offering spectacular views, mainly across the urban sprawl leading to the North Downs. The views and the location alone should just about guarantee a full house every night, but it would be remiss to minimise the sterling contribution made by current head chef Dale Osborne (ex-Terroirs). With some mains breaking the £40 barrier, eating here isn’t cheap, but in return you’ll be offered some skilfully rendered and reassuringly seasonal modern British food: jellied ham hock with pickled heritage carrots and parsley oil; fillet of John Dory with Scottish girolles, sea beet, pickled samphire and lentils; Merrifield Farm duck breast with seared duck hearts and slow-roasted Evesham beets; cherry Bakewell tart with cherry sauce. Useful tip: they’re also open for breakfast, weekend brunch and afternoon tea, though prices are as sky-high as the views. Readers also reckon that drinks are “somewhat expensive”.

Good to know about Aqua Shard

AQUA SHARD - Chef's Seasonal Tasting Menu - 3 courses for £65

From: 8 January, 2019
To: 28 March, 2019
Max: 8
Dishes are from a set menu, subject to change. Price includes VAT, a discretionary 12.5% service charge will be added to the bill.

Mary Poppins Afternoon Tea £49pp or £66pp with a glass of Veuve Clicquot or a glass of Veuve Clicquot Rose for £72pp

From: 20 July, 2018
To: 3 November, 2019
Max: 4
aqua shard Mary Poppins Afternoon Tea is priced from £49pp, or with a glass of Veuve Clicquot for £66pp, or a glass of Veuve Clicquot Rose for £72pp. For a maximum of 4 guests per booking.

Chef's Seasonal Tasting Menu: 3 courses £65

From: 14 January, 2019
To: 28 March, 2019
Max: 6
From a set menu, or with wine pairings £88.
Availability: Sun-Thu 6:00PM-10:30PM

Reviews of Aqua Shard

Mr. John B

Not impressed
30 December 2018
My second visit to the shard to eat but my first at Aqua Shard, Ive eaten many times at Darwins Brasserie in the Sky Gardens(far superior in everyway).This place is great for tourists and this menu is aimed at that market.This is a great pity as a lot of folk book it as a treat for an occasion, dont!. They don't care, this is as clear as day as they have a captive market. Every aspect is like a conveyor belt, the food is clearly served from a buffet table as NONE OF IT IS FRESHLY COOKED. We arrived 25 minutes early as we hoped to catch some friends already seated. We booked in being told to wait at the bar as the table wasn't ready, fine we could see our friends.If we had to wait at the bar there was no seating, you have to stand, there is a large open area at the base of the stairs where seating could easily be provided. We returned to reception at 2.30 we were escorted to a table with 2 females already seated, the waiter said you're sitting here with these, i said no we're not.. he then panicked going on to his head set, we then were seated as far away from the view as possible, I asked for alternative and something was mumbled to me, it was so dark we could hardly see the menu. Although we hoped to be seated near our friends we are at the complete opposite end. The staff faff around but appear not to do much, There are a lot of them, no one introduces themselves or explains anything, but on the whole polite, however they seem like agency staff. The wine menu is horrendously expensive as are the cocktails, clearly this is pushed, we ordered tap water a half glass arrived and was topped up once after we requested.We also ordered 2 diet cokes, they have to be the smallest bottles ive seen, they looked embarrassing, not only that they were 4 quid a pop..! We ordered the parfait and the buttermilk pancakes, they both arrived promptly, The pancakes should read pancake as you see from the picture its one small one with a miserable single rasher of bacon. Mine was the parfait(pictured) the pate itself was delicious but the brioche toast was old and stale , I returned it, they brought back an even more stale slice, the plates are clearly pre portioned, i was brought another from the line, the freshness was not checked at all..There was bread on the table, thank heavens as eating a blob of pate without is not fun.The syrup for the pancake arrived about 5 minutes after it was served. Our mains were beef with veg, yorkshires and roast potatoes, baby roast chicken, i asked to replace the roast potatoes with chips, we had the same sides.Its an extra 4.95 for the beef, a rip off for 2 slices of beef. My chicken was like road kill, boiled and flashed on a grill. The so called sauce arrived 10 minutes in to the main-courses, a tiny jug, we were told to share, the pot was so hot you'd get 3 degree burns, it tasted of gravy granules with LOADS of soy sauce in which my partner hates. The roast potatoes had been cooked the day before were inedible, we noted other diners were leaving a lot on their plates.the veg was thrown on the in fact the plates looked a fright. The biggest problem was the cafeteria standard , it was all REHEATED.. Do not come here if you are expecting a high standard of food, you wont get it. Finally we were given the pudding menu, and then left, not even the order taken, the copious amounts of staff all vanished..my friends came over as they were leaving and said don't bother too much about the puds as they weren't all that, the cheesecake was a blop on a plate tasting of nothing. they left I called the manager over stating she could see our menus were still on the table waiting 20 minutes. I explained we didn't want to wait longer and could the bill reflect the non desserts. Our bill was 92 pounds with 2 small diet cokes, the desserts were taken off. The set menu for 3 courses is 44 pounds excluding service charge.This is poor food served by staff who are nice but not interested. All in all, an appalling afternoon, I will give credit where credit is due, but I cannot here.Buyer beware.

The worst restaurant in London
21 April 2018
Tiny portions, tasteless, coffee delivered after starters, waited 90 minutes for main course, staff uncoordinated. How can they charge £17 for 3 asapargus tips and 3 almonds, then £38 for three 50p size pieces of lamb. A planned weekend with friends totally ruined.....never again......

A quick cocktail with a beautiful view
29 March 2017
Myself and a friend decided to go to the Aqua Shard bar on pancake day to try their special pancake cocktail. Please be mindful that there is a dress code, and no trainers or sportswear are permitted. We were in our work clothes, so this was not a problem. We originally sat on an un-allocated table near the bar which was very nice, but after about 10 minutes the barman offered to move us to a nice window seat which was great. Even though Aqua is not that high, the views are brilliant and you have a lovely view of the new city (walkie talkie/cheese grater/tower 42) and the old, Tower Bridge and the Tower of London. The service was very nice, they are very professional and smart, I have only given 4 stars as we had to ask twice for a straw as the waiter had forgotten. The cocktail was amazing, expensive, but it was worth it as it was delicious and the view made it very special. We will definitely go back and would recommend the bar to anyone looking for a nice setting to catch up with friends or a great place for a date.

Mr. Phil L

All Fur Coat
21 September 2015
Brilliant views across London. Fabulous atmosphere, with some of the best people watching in the capital. But awful food. Some very odd flavour combinations that nobody else is doing, probably with good reason. One main course completely inedible but still charged for. But they can turn the tables 3 or 4 times a night without having to worry about repeat business so it was very obvious they did not care. Recommend you go for the drama, but plan to eat elsewhere later.

Birthday Diner Celia Ramirez 23 August 2015
25 August 2015
I had an amazing time at the Aqua Shard,my birthday was fantastic the views are just breathtaking,the service was ecxelent and my food just delicious,apart of that I had the bellini prosecco cocktails were just great. I can higly reccomend this place to everyone.Thank you guys you made my day so SPECIAL(; and for sure I'll come back. Celia Ramirez

NEVER AGAIN
06 July 2015
I went to the Aqua Shard on Saturday 024/07/2015 and I to say I was disappointed with the food was an understatement. Originally the booking was made by way of an offer for a meal for £30 when we asked about it they said that the menu they had it was the only one, which we accepted. There were 8 of us altogether and we ordered our meal. Our starter of Lobster was nice but the main meal there was not enough food on the plate. I ordered the lamb and I it was not cooked properly it was raw in places (I did not complain but I should have). O n my plate I had 2 slices of lamb, 3 French beans, 2 small carrots about1"long and 2 potatoes the size of marbles. I can honestly say that I could have cooked a better meal it was so meagre and just did not look inviting enough. My brother in law order sword fish and it was so small he sent it back. The desert was also a joke my sister ordered chocolate mousse with raspberry sorbet, the portion was so small I would have only filled up a young baby who had just started on solids. Our bill came to £566.and pence and I begrudged every penny. I feel like I have been conned it was an absolute disgrace and I would never recommend any one to eat there. I would never go back.

Top experience! Is not only about the view.....
13 May 2015
My girlfriend and me visited The Shard at night to try out the view from level 32. We were not only amazed by the espectacular view but were also exceptionally surprised by the atmosphere in Aqua Shard. The dinner was delicious and the service made sure that we had aun unforgettable experience. I also have to say that we were lucky and got one of the best tables on the window corner. I highly recommend this restaurant - is definitively worth a visit!!

Aqua Shard
11 April 2015
The food was excellent, but the choice was disappointing. We had to order extra veg as the veg described was not sufficient. I think 2 1/2 brussels was beyond a joke. The drinks were very expensive and the coffee was the most bitter I have tasted. I normally drink black coffee, but I had to add milk and sugar to make it drinkable. The atmosphere was good and we had a table right by the window. Despite booking several months in advance the only desert option for diabetics was a fruit plate or cheese and biscuits, a bit of a disappointment to my husband, to watch me eating my excellent desert.

good food good service but over all . . . ?
24 March 2015
I’ve been here 3 times now and sadly its fall in standard oh so slightly each time. I’m a professional chef for a major catering company so i know good food. but here it’s starting to dip. being head chef of Kudos delivered we were voted best catering company 2 years in a row. sadly i also know what a fall in standards looks like and these guys are at the threshold. we had the fish ornell and it was good but tbh no much better than you can get in so many places priced much better. I would go back but with some trepidation.

Ms/Mrs. Natalia P

Shard
16 January 2015
This is, in my view, the best out of all of the restaurants in the Shard. In addition to great views, the food is also equally great. Service is always good, food is impeccable and always superbly presented. Desserts are normally a disappointment but here again, they managed to succeed.

Other restaurants near Aqua Shard

You are requesting to book Aqua Shard for people on at