2 Veneti
2 Veneti

SquareMeal Review of 2 Veneti

A happy combination of warmth, familiarity and location ensures the longevity of this one-off bolthole, dedicated to the charms of the Veneto. You’ll find more directional interiors and of-the-moment food elsewhere, but this is a deliberately coddling experience, all brick arches, bounteous bread baskets and low-key generosity. From the antipasti list, try sarde in saor with white onion, pine nuts and sultanas or one of the variations on salt cod, ahead of bigoli pasta with duck ragù, plain-speaking beef tagliata with a salad of bitter radicchio or fritto misto – an effort to conjure the spirit of the lagoon using squid, mullet, soft-shell crab and king prawns. Lunchtimes now stretch out with an appealing, simplified afternoon menu (served until 5.30pm) and – as you’d expect – wines from the Veneto dominate the Italian drinks list.

Italian
Cosy, Traditional
Group dining [8+]

Special offers from 2 Veneti

Complimentary Aperitif on arrival

From: 2 August, 2019
To: 31 August, 2019
Max: 5
Receive a complimentary glass of Prosecco or Aperol Spritz or house wine when booking in advance with a min of 3 Courses.
Availability: Mon-Fri 3:00PM-6:00PM

Location for 2 Veneti

10 Wigmore Street, Mayfair, London, W1U 2RD

Mon-Fri 12N-10.30pm Sat-Sun 5.30-11pm

Reviews of 2 Veneti

Lucy K

So pleased to have found this restaurant!
21 April 2017
If you are looking for a restaurant near Oxford St/Bond St/Regent St this is a wonderful find! Fantastic Italian service; a quiet buzz about the place, but not too noisy; great food and excellent value. We were a family of varying ages and all agreed it was a great find.

Ms/Mrs. Jackie J

Good Italian
22 December 2015
Restaurant was accommodating in my request to be able to keep the table for three hours because we wanted to be able to chat. We were never rushed and the waiter service was attentive without being annoying. I thought the tables were a bit close together - I didn't have enough room to push my chair back at all. But this was my only complaint. The food was reasonably priced with a good choice - I had the sea bass for main course and it was extremely good. There was a wide choice of wines by the glass or half litre as well as bottles, and this was very suitable for us. Will certainly consider returning.

Ms/Mrs. Sue H

Lovely evening marred only by disappointing drinks service
16 November 2015
We met up here with friends on a Friday night. We had an enjoyable meal - the food is very good and staff all friendly - but it was marred by haphazard drinks service. Judging by the reviews we must have been unlucky. (My friend who had been there before, said the boss was out!) Three separate people tried to take our drinks order, but despite this we had to chase the tap water we had asked for to quench our thirst on arrival (the wine came promptly). Two of us ordered a glass of wine with dessert and it did not materialise. The atmosphere is very good, and we lingered over conversation and did not feel hurried at all. They did offer a complimentary glass of wine to make up for the non appearance of wine during dessert which one of us took them up on (too late for me having finished . the restaurant is a very pleasant spot to meet up either for business or a social event.

Mr. Alex G

17 December 2012
2 Veneti must be doing something right based on the fact that almost every table was occupied on a Monday lunchtime. However, what it is, was by no means obvious to my dining comrade and I. The experience may simply be described as ‘average’ in one word. 2 Veneti is undoubtedly a step up from the likes of Zizzi, but is no competition for London's better Italian restaurants. The restaurant was light and airy and lacking in formality, but the tables perhaps located too closely together and the lighting rather bright. As far as the food was concerned, my starter of pan-fried scallops and crispy bacon with celeraic purée merited, for some reason, a £3.50 premium versus the other starters. For what, I am not quite sure. I got just two scallops and the purée was served far too cold relative to the other ingredients, perhaps straight out of the fridge and maybe straight from a packet… In terms of the mains, I ordered bigoli (Venetian pasta) with duck and my dining comrade tagliatelli with mushrooms. It was only after a couple of mouthfuls, however, that we realised we had been given our dishes the wrong way round. Both were similar in colour and – at least to us – sufficiently unmemorable (even if perfectly pleasant) – for the error to have been made. For a new(ish) restaurant such a lapse in service is not necessarily forgiveable, but on the principle about either food or service being sufficiently memorable (in a positive way) to merit a return visit, 2 Veneti would fail the test. At least the waiting staff were enthusiastic and the bill reasonable…

Ms/Mrs. Adrianne F

03 March 2011
We've had two lovely dinners here in the past few weeks. The first was excellent- raviolis stuffed with veal in a rosemary and butter sauce and the seafood risotto were outstanding. Last night the liver was perfectly cooked and the raviolis with truffle fondue sauce was very good. The service was memorable- our waiter Marco was helpful, attentive and -without overstepping his role- lots of fun. And always a good sign-the restaurant was full of Italians.

Other restaurants near 2 Veneti

You are requesting to book 2 Veneti for people on at .