SquareMeal Review of Zizzi Taunton

Nationwide Italian chain Zizzi is not exactly the last word in cutting-edge culinary cool, but it’s been quick off the mark to introduce some hot new trends. A range of gelati by Kitty Travers (the artisan ice-cream maker talent-spotted by St John’s Fergus Henderson) & a recently introduced menu of ‘cichetti’ (Italian-style ‘tapas’) as seen at far hipper addresses, are reasons to revisit your local branch. The rest of the menu may not wow, cautions a reader, ‘but it’s nothing to spoil your day’. Pastas are reliable, & the pizzas – some of which come as half & half variations or hybrids – help those stuck between king prawn & spicy sausage or regular pizza & calzone. Zizzi aims to please, & its comfortably rustic, flatteringly lit restaurants usually do just that.

Good to know about Zizzi Taunton

Pizza, Italian

Location for Zizzi Taunton

Magdalene House Church Square, Taunton, TA1 1SB

01823 333110

Reviews of Zizzi Taunton

Mother’s Day Disappointment
31 March 2019
We’ve just had a rather disappointing meal at Zizis, Taunton. I’m a vegetarian and found the veggie/vegan menu selection poor. So I decided to go for Calamaris......but they’d run out. My children both wanted mashed potatoes but, they’d run out of this too(?)This was at 5.30pm. So I just had a starter as a main but they forgot my husband’s main - a margerita pizza- this was made while the 3 of us tucked into our main courses. When the forgotten pizza finally arrived, the mozzarella was sparse. My daughter’s glass had a barely washed off paper label around the top half and when I mentioned this to the waiter, he wasn’t really bothered. We were going to have desserts but as I told him, we were very disappointed with the calamaris and mash running out, the very late, forgotten pizza and a dirty glass. We were not given an apology nor offered a discount, nor any additional drinks or food so we tried to pay our bill. This took 3 attempts on a machine that didn’t work so I had to go into the bar to use a different machine that worked. The waiter wasn’t too bothered about our experience. This has put me off going to Zizis again.

Other restaurants near Zizzi Taunton

You are requesting to book Zizzi Taunton for people on at