SquareMeal Review of Uno

Located on a corner site framed by manicured box hedges and olive trees, stylish and modern Uno puts most of the big chains in the shade with its unashamedly chic design and sharp cooking. The smart, light-filled dining room is decked out with rich ebony panelling, arty wall hangings and fresh flowers, while a conservatory space at the back features orange silk tones and sumptuous chocolate leather seating around a black granite bar. The swanky interior design belies a competitively priced menu dominated by a pizzas, pastas and trattoria standards: beef carpaccio and wild-boar ravioli have gone down well, but the kitchen also turns its hand to gnocchi in goats’ cheese sauce, almond-crusted lamb rib with pistachios or baked halibut with fennel, mussels and saffron sauce. The Italian regional wine list has plenty below the £30 mark.

Good to know about Uno

Mon-Sun 12N-3 6-10.30pm

Reviews of Uno

Good food & outstanding service
10 January 2019
The service, the general ambience and the food was excellent.There were three of us in the party and we selected from a wide variation of starters, mains and deserts. I had the Polenta, my daughter the Traditional Bruschetta and my wife had a Crespella. All were great. For mains I had the Wagyu Salmon, my wife the Goose and my daughter had the Ragu' Tagliatelle. Excellent again. Same could be said of the deserts - cheese board, sorbet and the coffee/chocolates dessert. The recommended wines were excellent choices and went well with the meal. Excellent service throughout - attentive with the right balance, timing good and general interaction was great. Would thoroughly recommend UNO and will eat there again.

Ms/Mrs. Sofia V

27 September 2012
I had the most enjoyable dinner at UNo restaurant last night. It was very busy. Had carpaccio di manzo, very light starter followed by pizza Principessa (love the combination of porcini mushrooms and truffle oil). My friend had ravioli with wild boar, apparently outstanding. Will try them myself next time. We were enjoying a bottle of refreshing Sauvignon blanc. The service was friendly, attentive but not pushy. I do like UNo a lot and would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Mr. Simone G

20 February 2012
Two friends of mine were visiting from Italy and I thought UNo would be a good place to dine. I was right. The menu has a lot to offer and the food is gorgeous. The stake I had was enormous, juicy and simply delicious. Worth the price! And the crème brulée still puts a smile on my face just when I think about it. My friend had wild sea bass, apparently absolutely stunning and the other one fancied pizza. There was a lot of choice on the wine list. We shared a bottle of Merlot, fruity young red wine that accompanied our dishes very well. Very nice dinner indeed. We were all happy with the experience and would recommend to anyone who wants to taste a proper Italian food.

Mr. Richard B

26 June 2010
Very, very poor service – an hour to fail to get our food and an extremely agressive response from the manager when we asked where it was. Eventually, after an hour and after having been insulted by the manager we paid for what we had been served and left without any sign of the main courses. There were three of us, the restaurant was less than half full and it was about 9.00pm on a Saturday night. Agreesive protestations from the manager that it was unreasonable to expect our food in less than a hour were hardly appropriate. The first courses that did come also took an age and were ordinary and poor value. Burnt toast under the chicken livers and a staggering £7 for a very small amount of rocket and some shavings of parmesan. The waitress was charming but terribly ill-informed. It was her first night but she was clearly not being given much by way of support from the ‘management’. A shame. The location is good and the restaurant looks nice. The kitchen needs a shake-up and the manager should be ashamed of himself. Rude, aggressive and just plain wrong in his approach to customers. Do yourselves a favour and go somewhere else.

Other restaurants near Uno

You are requesting to book Uno for people on at