Gastropub, Pubs

Call The Plough - East Sheen to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of The Plough - East Sheen

Set on an attractive street in East Sheen, this pub is the epitome of rus in urbe and just a salad’s toss from Richmond Park. It will have first-timers congratulating themselves on their find – all picturesque yellow-washed inn on the outside, with a delicious, retro homely feel inside. The polished oak bar, blackboard menus and warm colour scheme provoke a settle-in-for-the-afternoon vibe, while it’s understandably popular as a Sunday roast destination, complete with pint and the papers at the bar. Food is a roll-call of well executed pub classics along the lines of Toulouse sausages with garlic mash, chilli and coriander battered haddock and chips, and beef burgers. Walk it all off afterwards. One for the notebook.

Gastropub, Pubs

Sun 11:00-23:00

Reviews of The Plough - East Sheen

Warm and Friendly - plain food
17 February 2014
Due to the joys of last minute babysitting. My other half and I booked a table for two at the Plough about 2 hours before we arrived through Square Meal. Unfortunately this meant that they had no record of our booking when we arrived and my heart sank as I looked around and saw a Saturday night load of diners and drinkers filling the Plough. However, with the minimum of fuss they found a table for us at the back and we were off. The Plough is located on the corner of a few residential streets in East Sheen and they have managed to create a warm country pub vibe in there. I imagine the large seating area outside is also great in the summer. The service was very good especially as we arrived at a very busy time. They were attentive when they needed to be and left us alone when they didn't. The menu is British Gastro Pub fare but has some very interesting dishes that meant we actually had to make a choice. The specials looked good too. I find that a lot of Gastropub menus tend to have the same stock dishes and not that much that piques my interest. My other half went for two starters, The Squid and the Quesadillas. The Squid was good but the Quesadillas were a little lacking in flavour and filling and came with a bowl of chips which was unnecessary. I had the Crab to start which was actually very nice apart from the obligatory bits of shell here and there, I followed that with the Salmon en croute from the Specials. A very generous hunk of Salmon came with potato, spinach and a good beure blanc which countered the fact that the Salmon was slightly overcooked. I finished it all off though and then had Sorbet. We drank the house white which went down a little too well and we stumbled out in to the night feeling both full and happy and my wallet had not taken too much of a pounding. As we live about 20 minutes walk away we shall be going again. I'll likely test their child friendly-ness with a Sunday Lunch.

Other restaurants near The Plough - East Sheen

You are requesting to book The Plough - East Sheen for people on at .