Bars

About The Folly

‘It’s chic and very now’ says one reader of this capacious, typically theatrical Drake & Morgan bar, laid out on two levels close to the north end of London Bridge. The decor has a garden theme, with lots of greenery, a resident florist and some pretty furniture with hints of Scandinavian modern and 50s ‘stil nuovo’; there are even some pop-up shopping opportunities too. Cocktails include classics-with-a-twist, low-cal ‘skinnies’ and punch bowls for sharing, while food is served from breakfast onwards, with a menu that rounds up everything from fondues to flatbreads, Thai green curry and club sandwiches. If looks and inventiveness were everything, The Folly would be an unqualified success, but quibbles over food and service suggest it’s sometimes a case of ‘style over substance’.

Good to know about The Folly

Bars
Big and bold, Buzzy
Group dining [8+]

SquareMeal lists featuring The Folly

Best London restaurants with private rooms for more than 30 people Best Private Rooms

The Folly Also Offers

Private Group Dining
Event Party Venue

Location for The Folly

41 Gracechurch Street, EC3V 0BT

Opening Times of The Folly

Mon-Fri 7.30am-11pm (Thurs-Fri -12M) Sat-Sun 9am-12M (Sun -7pm)

Reviews of The Folly

Great night
28 November 2016
Fantastic all round experience can't wait to go again)

Ms/Mrs. Maggie R

Noisy bar rather than restaurant
03 September 2015
Was told restaurant doesn't get notifications of bookings through Square Meal so had to scramble around for a table. Wish we hadn't bothered. Very loud music in restaurant area, no need for it, can't hear each other speak. Food was awful. Thai curry had no sauce and full of carrots - in a Thai curry?? Chicken was literally just chucked on top as an added extra and cold. Fish pie was basically salmon, peas and mash, no other fish and steaming hot like it had been microwaved. Same cldnt be said for broccoli which was cold. Never go again or recommend. Stick to being a bar with music as it was packed out with city people on a Thursday night. Real shame.

Ms/Mrs. Louise C

13 June 2014
I really enjoyed my dinner at the Folly – the service was excellent, very quick and also very attentive. The food was good, we had the set menu and the portions were slightly small, but very tasty. The place itself is lovely and on the whole it was a very enjoyable evening!

Ms/Mrs. Jodi-Ann D

25 March 2014
This place is absolutely gorgeous to look at and when you arrive you can imagine staying here all day. Unfortunately that is very nearly true because the service is so all over the place that it can take you all day to get the attention of a staff member just to be served. Even when I got up to get some sugar when I first arrived, I was ignored and then directed into the general direction of where I might find some. The menu looked great as well but two of the, what I would think would be basic, food items were no longer available. so as a pescartarian, the choices became limited. As I said the place looked amazing, warm and welcoming. Having an eclectic, warm and rustic feel. Lots of potted herbs on the table and fantasy/garden themed cocktails. Two friends and I went for lunch on Sunday and one of our group had to rush a glass of wine that took a long time to get to us so that she could catch a 4pm train. I really hope this was just an off day as I would really like to go back,

Mr. Ashley D

Disappointment at the Folly
19 October 2013
Service was patchy and the food poor. Steak sandwich was very stringy and the fish was swimming in oil. The atmosphere was good though and consistent with my other visits to this restaurant. Food has been better in the past but I won't be in a hurry to return.

Ms/Mrs. Lea E

A breath of fresh air ... Amazing!
02 August 2013
I visited the Folly for the first time last week Friday. I was greeted by two lovely young ladies who were very polite and friendly. They showed me to a table and within 2 minutes I had menus and my drinks order was taken. My waiter was excellent, the service was superb and the food was great value for money. I had the beef burger with extras and it was very tasty. The Folly is a great restaurant for lunch, dinner and other special occasions. I did see a lot of Birthday treats going out. I will definitely be back.

Ms/Mrs. delfina P

Lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09 July 2013
amazing! is rare to find a venue like this in the city! the decor bring you to different atmosphere, the cocktails list is fantastic, LOVE the duck bath tab!!! the staff is brilliant, not too heavy, but attentive enough to make sure you have everything you need! A GREAT SPOT FOR PARTIES! Will definitely going back there

Mr. Stefan G

Does Exactly What It Says On The Tin
22 April 2013
Have eaten here several times now and have always had positive experiences. The food is always quick, it's tasty and for lunch it does exactly what I need it to – quick, varied and tasty enough. Personally I prefer it for drinks after work, it's always buzzing and getting home from Monument station over the road is a breeze.

Ms/Mrs. Andrew V

Shame about the service....
26 March 2013
I have now been to the Folly 5 times to eat – each time hoping the service will improve… but now, I give up. The food is very nice, the surroundings are great… but if you want a waiter/waitress – you literaly have to rugby tackle one to the ground. It really lets this venue down but there clearly is not enough staff. And not everyone gets longer than an hour for lunch – so this is a no-no based on service alone. A real shame.

Ms/Mrs. Sarah K

13 December 2012
This place seems to be the place to be seen. The decor is quirky but the menu a little uninspiring; frankly the burger a bit ordinary and the battered fish a little too fishy – or was that slimy! The mojito on the other hand was lovely. Don't go here for a quiet meal for two, more for a night out with the girls and only then if you are prepared to shout at each other to be heard. Lunch is better than dinner as at least then you don't have to fight to get to the bar!

Other restaurants near The Folly

You are requesting to book The Folly for people on at