Call Saffron Club to make a booking on:

About Saffron Club

The Saffron Club Restaurant has become a dining institution in Blackheath Village, but the restaurant remains a true local gem with recommendations spreading by word of mouth. The restaurant is located between the Heath and Blackheath station in Tranquil Vale, making it convenient for both locals and visitors, and the staff at The Saffron Club are enthusiastic about their authentic Nepalese and Indian dishes made using the fines ingredients and old family recipes. The restaurant has a great wine list and serves Indian and Nepalese beers, and favourite dishes include the Nepalese Khutta – teder lamb cooked with peas Nepalese-style; the Momo dumplings served with Saffron Club chutney; and the Katsuri Chicken Tikka cooked with lemon, fenugreek and garlic.

Good to know about Saffron Club

Indian

Location for Saffron Club

39 Tranquil Vale Blackheath, London, SE3 0BU

Reviews of Saffron Club

Worth a visit to Blackheath for delicious Curry
24 February 2014
This was my second visit to Saffron. I knew the restaurant gets busy so I booked via squaremeal as I was going on a Saturday night. When I arrived they didn't have my booking but it didn't matter as they managed to fit us in. The staff were very friendly and service was excellent throughout the evening. Many of the staff are Nepalese so some of the dishes are different to the usual Bangladeshi restaurants that tend to be more popular in London, although they also offer the usual favourites. I am vegetarian and enjoyed black bean dhal, along with a chickpea dish. The food was as good as I had eaten in Asia. My friends ordered a spectacular King Prawn tandoori dish and a barbecue platter, which they said was delicious. I have marked the food down slightly on the review as I didn't enjoy my vegetarian platter starter. I found it didn't have much substance and there was too much fried batter. The main meal made up for it. I also recommend the Ghurka beer, which has a much lighter taste than Kingfisher or Cobra. We sat upstairs which was very lively with bigger groups of diners. If you want a quieter ambiance then I recommend asking for a table downstairs. Also if you book online, it is worth following up with a phone call to confirm.

Other restaurants near Saffron Club

You are requesting to book Saffron Club for people on at .