Olde Gate Inn

Call Olde Gate Inn to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Olde Gate Inn

Built in 1616 from timbers salvaged from the wrecks of the Armada, the Olde Gate Inn has to be one of the most atmospheric pubs in the country. Good taste keeps the traditional pub furnishings simple: stone floors, a fine long-case clock, antique settles, polished wood tables, gleaming warming pans & plenty of pewter. A 17th-century kitchen range blazes in the main bar, while elsewhere the main source of light (even at lunch) is a flickering fire and candles. The cooking keeps firmly within bar-food tradition, with curries, game hotpot, filled baguettes, ploughman’s & regional specialities such as an excellent Derbyshire fidgit pie (layers of ham, sliced potatoes and cheese). In summer, barbecues are held in the sheltered garden.

Gastropub

Location for Olde Gate Inn

Well Street, Brassington, Unknown, Derbyshire, DE4 4HJ

01629 540448

Mon-Sun 12N-1.45pm Mon-Sat 7-8.45pm

Reviews of Olde Gate Inn

Ms/Mrs. Cyn P

08 November 2010
Ye Old Gate Inn is a charming pub full of character. Good ambiance and good food with mains around the 8-10 pound mark. Great views of the beautiful, rolling Derbyshire hills from all the windows. Food was served promptly and the staff were friendly and helpful. The only thing I that bothered me was the dogs that were near our table. We had a couple come in with their two dogs and sat/stood right behind my daughter who is allergic and at the time that we had just started eating our food. While the dogs were clean and obviously well taken care of, we don't have pets in our home so the doggy smell was in my nose as I ate my food. I didn't have a problem with the dogs being allowed in the pub but I did have a problem with having the dog's butt at my side when I was eating. Naturally I didn't say anything to the doggy enthusiast behind me as I didn't want to ruin what was a lovely meal. Plus after a few bites I stopped smelling Rover and finished stuffing myself rigid. It would be better if the dogs and their owners were corralled in one part of the pub away from diners but the pub is a small one so I wouldn't know how they would contain the doggy enthusiasts in one place. All in all, it was good pub and well worth the trip out to deepest, darkest Derbyshire.

Other restaurants near Olde Gate Inn

You are requesting to book Olde Gate Inn for people on at .