It has been more apparent than ever recently just how important the NHS and the work they do is. While the public have been doing everything they can to show their appreciation, businesses have also been doing their bit to show support. This includes restaurants and food delivery services, many of whom are now offering discounts to NHS staff members.
For most people working a 9-5 job, it’s easy enough to find time most days to cook themselves some food at home. However, with the long and often late hours that NHS staff often have to work, comes the problem of finding time to eat. It’s unfeasible to constantly buy food on the go at full price, so these discounts that restaurants offer can really help both practically and money-wise. The fact that many food delivery services are also now offering NHS discounts, means that it’s also easier than ever for workers to take advantage.
While some restaurants have offered such discounts for a long time, more and more big restaurant brands are beginning to jump on the bandwagon and offer sizeable reductions. Offers for NHS staff do vary from restaurant to restaurant, but the important thing is that they all give hard-working NHS staff the chance to enjoy meals out at a lower price.
If you’re an NHS staff member wanting to take advantage of these discounts then look no further. To make it as easy for you as possible, below rounded up everything you need to know about how to get a discount, including a list of all the restaurants which currently offer an NHS staff discount. If you’re not an NHS worker but know someone who is, let them know about these discounts - they might find that some of their favourite places offer a discount but they just never knew!
How can I get an NHS worker discount?
Most places offering an NHS worker discount simply need to see your NHS card when paying, but some restaurants require you to have a Blue Light card which you can buy for just £4.99 here. Exact conditions vary depending on the restaurant, with some only offering the discount on certain days, so make sure to check the individual terms and conditions.
Can I get an NHS worker discount on Deliveroo, UberEats?
While both Deliveroo and UberEats have offered discounts and vouchers to NHS workers on various occasions in the past, neither currently offer a discount. However, certain restaurants on these delivery apps may offer discounts when you order with them directly, so make sure to check before you order.
Restaurants currently offering discounts to NHS workers
- The Athenian - 50% off delivery and take-away
- Bella Italia - 25% off for Blue Light card holders when eating in (Thurs-Sun only)
- Café Rouge - 25% off for Blue Light card holders when eating in
- Casa do Frango (both branches) - 20% discount on whole order, for take-aways only
- Domino's - 50% off delivery and collection
- Frankie & Benny's - 20% off when eating in
- Gourmet Burger Kitchen - 15% off when eating in
- KFC - 25% off for Blue Light card holders up to the value of £30
- LEON - 30% off, eat-in and take-away
- Nando's - 20% off food and drink up to the value of £20, eat in and take-away
- Rosa's Thai Cafe - 25% off all take-away orders
- Starbucks - 10% off for Blue Light card holders
- YO! Sushi - 25% off for Blue Light card holders when eating in
Got a free evening and fancy treating yourself to an extra special date? Check out London's most romantic restaurants