Many restaurants which are operating delivery services during the COVID-19 outbreak are offering discounts to NHS staff members.
While many of these restaurants have offered such discounts for a long time, it demonstrates the relentless generosity of many eateries that even in this dire time for the hospitality industry, they are still rewarding others for working so hard. Saying that, there aren’t many people who deserve to be rewarded more during the Coronavirus outbreak than NHS staff members.
While most of the UK is now working from home, NHS staff members are working extra hours and risking their own health by continuing to go into hospitals and surgeries every day to help others. It’s at times like these when you can’t help but be extremely grateful to everyone working in the medical industry, and providing them with discounts is just a small way for the hospitality industry to show its appreciation to them.
Offers for NHS staff range from up to 50% off at some restaurants to various other deals, but the important thing is that they all give hard-working NHS staff the chance to have cheaper meals delivered to them during this unprecedented time.
If you’re an NHS staff member, to make it easier for you to find somewhere providing an offer at the moment, below we’ve put together a list of restaurants with NHS staff discounts.
Restaurants and shops offering discounts for NHS workers
- Casa do Frango - Free meal, including half a chicken, chips, and a pastel de nata
- Big Drop Brew - 30% off for NHS workers, emergency services and health and social workers
- Bella Italia (participating locations only; check website for details) - 50% off
- Café Rouge (participating locations only; check website for details) - 50% off
- Krapow - 50% off
- Pizza Pilgrims - 50% off
- Hotel Chocolat - 50%
- Rosa's Thai Cafe - 50% off all collections
- Mindful chef recipe box - 30% off
- Yard Sale Pizza - 50% off for collection, 25% for delivery
- Firezza - 50% off
- The Jones Family Kitchen - 10% of all gift voucher purchases being donated to local hospital staff
- Domino's - Free medium pizza in select locations
- Las Iguanas (participating locations only;check website for details) - 50% off
- Suum Kitchen - 20% off all takeaways which are collected
- The Lebanese Bakery - 50% off
- byChloe - 50% off
- The Athenian - 50% off
- LEON - 50% off
- Gourmet Burger Kitchen - 15% off
- YO! Sushi - 50% off
- Ladies and Gentlemen Bar Delivers - 2 FREE cocktails for NHS workers with each order
- Kennington Tandoori - Free hot meal every Friday for key workers and their family
- Costa - Free canned coffee drinks in hospital locations
- Just Eat - 25% off food until April 13 2020
Supermarket opening times for NHS staff
To allow NHS workers the chance to visit the supermarket with minimal risk and opportunity to pick up essential suppliers for their health and wellbeing, many supermarkets have created specific opening times solely for NHS workers.
- Iceland - Many stores have dedciacted NHS worker hours, varies by store
- M&S - The first hour of trade on Tuesdays and Thursdays is reserved for NHS workers
- Aldi goevs all emergency service workers access to start shopping half an hour earlier on a Sunday
- Asda - NHS workers have priority in store Monday, Wednesday and Fridays between 8am and 9am
- Morrisons - NHS hour at all stores Monday to Saturday from 7am, Sunday from 9am
- Sainsbury's - NHS workers and carers have access 30 minutes before opening Monday-Saturday
- Tescos - Early access for NHS workers half an hour before general store opening
- Waitrose - Setting high demand items aside for NHS workers and priority checkouts for NHS at varied times
During this difficult period for the hospitality industry there are still plenty of ways you can help out local restaurants from home. Check out our list of eight ways that you can show your support.